Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1st Scrimmage Reports

Post your your scrimmage reports here.

Controlled
    1 Vs. 1
    2 Vs. 2

Live
    Quarter, half or full game
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 08-23-2017 at 10:24 PM.

All-State

Cameron vs Lorena

Not official stats.

1 V 1 Scrimmages series (2). Neither team scored. 140 yds total offense to Lorena's 85? Cameron drove to LL 20, but stalled.
    2 v 2 Scrimmages series (2). I believe LL scored once to Cameron 0.
    Live quarter Lorena 13 Cameron 7.
    Both teams got hit with typical holds and late hits for 1st scrimmage, but always an amiable scrimmage. Camerons passing game looked pretty darn good with good speed and very good protection.
    Lorena's starting QB Johnston cleared two weeks ago from broken collarbone. Played starting series and then saw time at the slot and wideout position. Backup QB Bryant throws a prettier ball, with Johnston a hair more athletic. Bryant packs a wallop on D at CB. Lorena has a nice 1-2 punch at running back with Hoffman and a player to be named later (I'm old and can't remember what they told me tonight).

Josh will add his own take on the scrimmage and probably report more in detail on his Yoemen team. And I'm sure he can clean up my stats also (if I messed up too bad I'm blaming it on too much gossip'in in the bleachers) I know Cameron has or will be getting new "digs" back home on campus. Josh, what did you think of LL new field and facilities?

All-American

El Campo - La Grange

1 - 1 (freshmen)
    0 - 1 (JV))
    2 - 0 (Varsity)

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Rockdale 4
    Giddings 0
    “Attitudes are contagious…..Is yours worth catching????”

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman_1969 View Post
    Rockdale 4
    Giddings 0
    Congrats to Coach Huey.

All-American

WOS 16 PNG 14, game simulated scrimmage.

Junior Varsity

Argyle 9 TD's
    Denton 0

Argyle looks good.

All-American

Brownwood 5 TDs
    Burnet 0 TDs

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    Cameron vs Lorena

Not official stats.

1 V 1 Scrimmages series (2). Neither team scored. 140 yds total offense to Lorena's 85? Cameron drove to LL 20, but stalled.
    2 v 2 Scrimmages series (2). I believe LL scored once to Cameron 0.
    Live quarter Lorena 13 Cameron 7.
    Both teams got hit with typical holds and late hits for 1st scrimmage, but always an amiable scrimmage. Camerons passing game looked pretty darn good with good speed and very good protection.
    Lorena's starting QB Johnston cleared two weeks ago from broken collarbone. Played starting series and then saw time at the slot and wideout position. Backup QB Bryant throws a prettier ball, with Johnston a hair more athletic. Bryant packs a wallop on D at CB. Lorena has a nice 1-2 punch at running back with Hoffman and a player to be named later (I'm old and can't remember what they told me tonight).

Josh will add his own take on the scrimmage and probably report more in detail on his Yoemen team. And I'm sure he can clean up my stats also (if I messed up too bad I'm blaming it on too much gossip'in in the bleachers) I know Cameron has or will be getting new "digs" back home on campus. Josh, what did you think of LL new field and facilities?

Great first scrimmage. You offensive totals look about right. I had no scoring at all in the controlled portion from either team. Lorena 2nd team got close once but had a lineman down field call near the goal line.

First off, Lorena is going to be typical Lorena. They are going to be well-coached. Do they have some of the athletes that China Spring and La Vega have - no. Are they going to get after it on every play - yes. That is what is going to make them a top 20 team and a favorite to win another district title.

For Cameron, as a whole things went better this year as compared to last year. Scores are great to look at and report as I an everyone else does, but when it comes down to it, I am looking at personnel and the potential that is there in these scrimmages. Cameron's offensive line is going to be improved. They are bigger and stronger and hopefully we can establish a more consistent running game this season. Andress to Westbrook will be a dynamic duo at QB/receiver. We missed on a few passes last night down the field, but the ability is there. I have said it many times already, and I will say it again, this season will come down to what the defensive line can accomplish. Can these guys disrupt things up front? That will remain to be seen. Right now, we are ahead of where we were a year ago as unit and it's all about progression.

As far as facilities, Lorena has done an outstanding job. When I look at a stadium, the two most important things for me are the playing surface and seating. Those are both now top notch for the size of the school. When I was driving in I saw the new school (I believe) and gym and was very impressed there as well. Cameron had there stadium renovated a few years ago.

Letterman

Decatur vs Argyle Liberty Christian

1 live qtr

3 -1 Decatur

Practice Squad

Burnet looked pretty weak. But first scrimmage and things can only improve. Brownwood has a big quick running back.

Blog Entries

Factory, how did LH do?

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Factory, how did LH do?
    We wrecked shop, according to my sources.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Blog Entries

Talked to one of the dad's, said same!

Gobblers looked pretty good tonight in their scrimmage with Lockhart.
    Freshman
    Lockhart 1 Cuero 0

JV
    Cuero 2 - Lockhart 1

Varsity
    Controlled scrimmage
    Cuero 2- Lockhart 0

Game scrimmage
    Cuero 4- Lockhart 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38