All-American
    Blog Entries

Default LLWS Southwest Regional in Waco.

What a game last night featuring Texas West out of San Antonio McAllister Park vs River Ridge, La. It was a see-saw battle back and forth, but Texas West put up 7 runs in the top of the 5th to go ahead 19-13. You can see a replay of this game on the Longhorn Network at many different timeslots tomorrow before the final airs at 6 pm on ESPN2.

We will have an all-Texas final tomorrow night for the Southwest Region. Lufkin is Texas East playing San Antonio McAllister Park, Texas West in a winner take all to advance to Williamsport for the Little League World Series. Lufkin staged a huge comeback when these teams met in the first game to overcome a 7-run deficit late. It looks like there is no favored team, but a Texas team will be going to the LLWS again this season. I'm putting my money on Lufkin.......they look mighty good and I think they have better pitching when they need it. Lufkin is the only team to beat McAllister Park in the regional.....it was a double elimination tournament. Lufkin has yet to lose a game, but Texas West had them on the ropes before they exploded for 7 runs to win late.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-District

Kind of crappy that this is double elimination and Lufkin hasn't lost a game but it's now a winner take all.

That being said, surely Texas West used up a lot of pitching yesterday. That should give Lufkin an advantage.

All-American

I think Lufkins best pitcher is going tonight
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Kind of crappy that this is double elimination and Lufkin hasn't lost a game but it's now a winner take all.

How is that any different than UIL ?

I like to watch them play but i have seen too many really good 13 U games played on regular size fields to be overly impressed.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    I like to watch them play but i have seen too many really good 13 U games played on regular size fields to be overly impressed.

Preach!
    Texas Forever.

Junior Varsity

Such arrogance & is part of what's wrong with this world. Big shots, big egos, self-pride, & no humility to just enjoy & appreciate young little league kids playing & competing just as hard for the enjoyment of the game. Pathetic. At least they are on ESPN. What national network were your big shot teams playing on tonight?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    Such arrogance & is part of what's wrong with this world. Big shots, big egos, self-pride, & no humility to just enjoy & appreciate young little league kids playing & competing just as hard for the enjoyment of the game. Pathetic. At least they are on ESPN. What national network were your big shot teams playing on tonight?

LoL somebody help this man!
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    Sorry to "trigger" you but tight bases, 60 ft base paths and 200 foot fences is not baseball at 12-13 U. They had some very talented players but Little League takes so much out of the "game" at this age.

as for big ego, self pride and no humility, I have a full set of umpire gear anytime you want to try it.

Junior Varsity

Sorry to "trigger" you but tight bases, 60 ft base paths and 200 foot fences is not baseball at 12-13 U. They had some very talented players but Little League takes so much out of the "game" at this age.

as for big ego, self pride and no humility, I have a full set of umpire gear anytime you want to try it.
    ...then you should know better. And my involvement with youth coaching... 35 plus years. Already been there & done that many times over. I appreciate ALL levels, from advanced, to those that may not be now, but could some day. And by the way, no extra gear needed.

I love all baseball at any level, but I will say that I have always thought that these regulations for this age group were a bit much. I do believe eliminating the 13-year old players in 2018 will help things. There is no telling how far the ball went out of the park off of that kids bat from Georgia.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    I love all baseball at any level, but I will say that I have always thought that these regulations for this age group were a bit much. I do believe eliminating the 13-year old players in 2018 will help things. There is no telling how far the ball went out of the park off of that kids bat from Georgia.
    375ft

Lufkin wins 2-1, on two solo homeruns. They are headed to Williamsport.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Junior Varsity

Wylie Junior boys (13/14 year olds) are starting play tomorrow in the Junior Little League World Series in Michigan. play a team from California at 4.

All-American

Taking the 13 year olds out will help some.....Not a huge fan of the LLWS rules at that age...but I came up playing Pony League ball...so I believe if memory serves me correctly at ages 11-12 you are dealing with 70 foot base paths and a 50 foot mound...also liked the fact that you had to learn how to pick guys off, hold runners etc...

but still I do appreciate LLWS because its kids playing for their local league and not some travel ball "select team"