Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Prayers needed I know this does not belong here since football started but

My youngest son Matt is about to have his 1st child. A boy. Brandi and he went to the doctor yesterday and half of unborn Hudson's heart is not functioning. When he is delivered in October at Children's Hospital in Dallas he will be taken immediately to open heart surgery to repair it. Hudson needs your prayers as well as Mom and Dad who are devastated at this news. This will be most likely my last grandson. That will give me 13 in all counting step grandchildren which I count as mine.

Thanks in advance. We are believing God for a miracle before birth for "Hud" (like the old Paul Newman movie). As some of you might or might not know I was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer that attached to my optic nerve when I was 3 years old. My parents were told I would not make it to 5 years old. Tomorrow I am 61. God is still on the throne today as he was back then. The cancer was gone with no medical treatment before I was 4 years old. I only have peripheral vision in my right eye and a lazy right eye due to the damage done. But I am still here.
    Last edited by bobcat1; 08-08-2017 at 07:58 PM.

All-American

Prayers for Hud on the way.

All-American

"As he is in such a vulnerable state, the parents that you gave Hudson are filled with worry. Lord, please give them those shoes of peace that passes all human understanding. Ground them in the knowledge that you are there with Hud before, during and after his surgery"

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

As far as I'm concerned we will leave this here until the birth and success of all involved, and since I believe in the power of prayer, I am sending over bunches for the next 3 months. Your story alone inspires me, to the point that I know the man upstairs is in control, no doubt.
    Prayers said and sent, keep us updated!!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    My youngest son Matt is about to have his 1st child. A boy. Brandi and he went to the doctor yesterday and half of unborn Hudson's heart is not functioning. When he is delivered in October at Children's Hospital in Dallas he will be taken immediately to open heart surgery to repair it. Hudson needs your prayers as well as Mom and Dad who are devastated at this news. This will be most likely my last grandson. That will give me 13 in all counting step grandchildren which I count as mine.

Thanks in advance. We are believing God for a miracle before birth for "Hud" (like the old Paul Newman movie). As some of you might or might not know I was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer that attached to my optic nerve when I was 3 years old. My parents were told I would not make it to 5 years old. Tomorrow I am 61. God is still on the throne today as he was back then. The cancer was gone with no medical treatment before I was 4 years old. I only have peripheral vision in my right eye and a lazy right eye due to the damage done. But I am still here.

Prayers coming from Springfield, MO - and a fellow Bobcat! Thanks for sharing this with us and allowing us to pray for you. Your hope and your faith is awesome to see, and you are right as ever, God is sovereign yesterday, today and tomorrow, and he was not surprised by your cancer or by Hudson's heart. We will pray for healing, peace and comfort through all of this, and pray that God is glorified.

This might have been best served as a DM, but I suppose I won't be the only one wanting to know ... will there be any financial need for Matt, Brandi and Hudson? We all know, even with insurance, hospital bills and stays are burdensome. If there is a fund set up, or just a way we can give to them, please let us know, Bobcat.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Prayers coming from Springfield, MO - and a fellow Bobcat! Thanks for sharing this with us and allowing us to pray for you. Your hope and your faith is awesome to see, and you are right as ever, God is sovereign yesterday, today and tomorrow, and he was not surprised by your cancer or by Hudson's heart. We will pray for healing, peace and comfort through all of this, and pray that God is glorified.

This might have been best served as a DM, but I suppose I won't be the only one wanting to know ... will there be any financial need for Matt, Brandi and Hudson? We all know, even with insurance, hospital bills and stays are burdensome. If there is a fund set up, or just a way we can give to them, please let us know, Bobcat.
    As of now there is no need but prayers in agreement for Hud's health. Thank you though. Financially we will make it through it at this point. Thanks everyone. I asked and was told it is a blockage of the lower chamber of the heart. They are meeting with the cardiologist next week to know for certain.
    Last edited by bobcat1; 08-08-2017 at 10:22 PM.

All-American

Prayers sent from Gilmer.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    As of now there is no need but prayers in agreement for Hud's health. Thank you though. Financially we will make it through it at this point. Thanks everyone. I asked and was told it is a blockage of the lower chamber of the heart. They are meeting with the cardiologist next week to know for certain.

You've definitely got the prayers! My wife and I texted our small group, and we all will be daily praying for your family, and especially for little Hud!
    Texas Forever.

All-American

My family's thoughts and prayers coming for Matt, Brandi and the rest of the family. May it all work out for the best.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Thoughts, and prayers from Indian territory.

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Thoughts and prayers from Cuero - sounds like your son, his wife and especially HUD are in good hands and I pray his delivery and surgery are successful.... Modern medicine is amazing...... Also, Having faith is important....

our little miracle is 29 yrs old and other than a detached retina in one eye and the other eye is a little lazy - he shows no effects of being born at 25 weeks.... We weren't given much hope when he was born.... we kept the faith and I firmly believe it worked....

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

That's rough.. he has my prayers.

All-American

Prayers sent from Hungerford

Thanks everyone. With a name like Hudson Lane Barnett he's gonna be fine. I will call him hud

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zebrablue2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned we will leave this here until the birth and success of all involved, and since I believe in the power of prayer, I am sending over bunches for the next 3 months. Your story alone inspires me, to the point that I know the man upstairs is in control, no doubt.
    Prayers said and sent, keep us updated!!!
    Prayer requests always belong here! Prayers for your family.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!