Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Just to set the record straight, Copeland is credited for 2300 yds. passing last season.......not 2100.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Coach Rodgers said that the Eagles will be without two of their all-district defensive backs from last season......Dillion Carter and Brenden Dixon. They both will be concentrating this year on baseball only. This represents two big losses to the team at those positions.......both are very talented athletes. I reckon they are going for scholarship offers in baseball.....maybe already have some.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Not sure about that......but we do have a transfer starting qb from Liberty Christian that switched schools last spring. He is a senior, and Clearman(lefty Jr.) will also play quite a bit.
    Jon Copeland(5-11, 195) started his junior season for Liberty Christian and led them to the playoffs. He's a dual-threat qb that threw for 2100 yds and 21 TD's, and also rushed for 700 yds scoring 8 TD's.
    Copeland kept Liberty Christian in the game until halftime when we played them in Argyle last year. Glad to hear he won't be making the trip to Gilmer.

In fact, before the Sweetwater game last December, Coach Turner said that the Sweetwater QB, Chris Thompson, reminded him of Jon Copeland. The problem was that Sweetwater had a lot of other good players in addition to the QB.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle's Predistrict schedule starts on Sept. 2 and runs consecutive each week without an open date for 5 weeks until district play opens against Decatur at Argyle following an open date. The predistrict schedule is as follows: Lovejoy@ Allen in the Tom Landry Classic, @ La Grange, @ Celina, Abilene Wylie, @ Paris.
    The Eagles will be traveling to Cleburne on Aug.25th for a scrimmage.

Junior Varsity

Definitely gonna make that scrimmage. I thought Argyle looked really good against Denton. You very well could see 2 1000 yard rushers in the Argyle backfield. I'm excited for this team.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Definitely gonna make that scrimmage. I thought Argyle looked really good against Denton. You very well could see 2 1000 yard rushers in the Argyle backfield. I'm excited for this team.

And with good reason. With Copeland under center, and with the move-in in the backfield to complement an already talented back, all of a sudden, Argyle has the kind of squad that could challenge Carthage. In fact, if you made me pick today, I'd say it'll be Argyle vs Carthage for all the marbles in Div. I come December.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle's record last 5 seasons is (68-6). That's 74 games in 5 yrs......and last year Argyle went 11-1. We had a cancelled game due to lightning against Wylie in the fourth game of the season. Argyle lost to Wylie last year in the 3rd round of the playoffs.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle's record last 5 seasons is (68-6). That's 74 games in 5 yrs......and last year Argyle went 11-1. We had a cancelled game due to lightning against Wylie in the fourth game of the season. Argyle lost to Wylie last year in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
    OOPS!!! Just checking back.....looks like the record is (67-6) in that time period. This will be Argyle's 16th season playing football, the 15th under Coach Rodgers. Argyle has never had a losing season under Coach Rodgers(156-34). That first year.....Argyle's 2nd season and first with a senior class......the Eagles went(5-5). My son was a freshman that year. Argyle went to State in 2A-DI in Coach Rodgers 3rd year at Argyle. Under Coach Rodgers, Argyle has made it to the State Championship game 5 times in 14 yrs.....winning one, but losing in very close games every other time.....very exciting games that went down to the last minute.....one in double overtime. It's been a great run and very exciting for Argyle faithful. Hopefully, the run will continue this season as well.

Letterman

OOPS!!! Just checking back.....looks like the record is (67-6) in that time period. This will be Argyle's 16th season playing football, the 15th under Coach Rodgers. Argyle has never had a losing season under Coach Rodgers(156-34). That first year.....Argyle's 2nd season and first with a senior class......the Eagles went(5-5). My son was a freshman that year. Argyle went to State in 2A-DI in Coach Rodgers 3rd year at Argyle. Under Coach Rodgers, Argyle has made it to the State Championship game 5 times in 14 yrs.....winning one, but losing in very close games every other time.....very exciting games that went down to the last minute.....one in double overtime. It's been a great run and very exciting for Argyle faithful. Hopefully, the run will continue this season as well.
    That's an amazing run. Coach Rodgers has to be one of the top high school coaches in Texas with that record. I bet he is constantly getting 5A and 6A coaching offers.

All-American

But for a blown call late two years ago, Argyle would've beaten Navasota and have two state titles. But, that's neither here nor there.

I think they make their sixth title game appearance this season, especially if they can find a couple kids to fill some big holes in the secondary. The offense is going to be very, very good.
    Texas Forever.