Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Yeah that 2000 Everman team didn't get going until about Week 7...lost to Wylie in the semis....2001 Everman team was one of the best 3A (now 4A) teams of all time....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Yeah that 2000 Everman team didn't get going until about Week 7...lost to Wylie in the semis....2001 Everman team was one of the best 3A (now 4A) teams of all time....

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I remember that winter, when we (Celina) got bumped up, it was teams like Everman that we were looking to and thinking we were going to have to compete against and rise to that level.

Hey, random aside, Matt, but back then (maybe 2001, can't remember) there was a young man on Everman's team that was in a vicious play and ended up getting paralyzed, I believe. It seems like it was at Cowboy's Stadium, maybe against Forney, but my memory is fuzzy. What was that young man's name, and do you know how he's doing these days?
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Corey Fulbright....happened in the state title game vs Burnet...one of the worst things I've ever seen....

Corey is still with us but as you can imagine he's got many health problems and the financial strain on his family has been massive

All-American

Corey Fulbright....happened in the state title game vs Burnet...one of the worst things I've ever seen....

Corey is still with us but as you can imagine he's got many health problems and the financial strain on his family has been massive

Man, once you said his name and that it was against Burnet, it all came back and I remember it very vividly now. I remember seeing the replay over and over again. That was so scary and sad. I can't imagine the strain and struggle that young man and his family have gone through. Glad to see - at least in that 2012 story you linked - he has not lost his faith or his fight.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Been to Shot-to Hell-Well but never to Wylie Bulldog Stadium in Abilene?
    I didn't see Dragon Stadium in Southlake on there either.
    SWEETWATER

IS GOOD !!!!!!!

All-American

Never been to either....seen plenty of playoff games at Shotwell though....I try to avoid Southlake if possible esp for SLC games...much like I now avoid Allen

All-American

Never been to either....seen plenty of playoff games at Shotwell though....I try to avoid Southlake if possible esp for SLC games...much like I now avoid Allen

Coldest football game I've ever been to was Shotwell in 2007 -- Celina vs Snyder in semifinals. I believe it was in the low 20s with hard-blowing winds during the pregame, and by kickoff, it had fallen into the teens and kept falling as the game went on.

Why do you avoid SLC and Allen games, Matt? Just because they've become spectacle and get plenty of attention already? Just curious.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

They aren't the best hosts when it comes to media....lol

All-American

They aren't the best hosts when it comes to media....lol

Tell us a story, Mr. Matt. Please, pretty please!
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Basically it just involved being indignant to press box decorum....letting any and everyone in there and loudly cheering etc....They also make media pay to park and getting reimbursed is an extra hassle...