All-District

Default Turf for Bellville?

Word circulating down at the Trump Cafe this morning was that Bellville was going to put down turf on the Pasture of Pain. Is this true or just wishful thinking? If so, can the field still be called the "Pasture of Pain" if it has astroturf and paved parking spaces? What gives?

All-American

If any schools need a new stadium with turf it's Wharton and East Bernard

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Word circulating down at the Trump Cafe this morning was that Bellville was going to put down turf on the Pasture of Pain. Is this true or just wishful thinking? If so, can the field still be called the "Pasture of Pain" if it has astroturf and paved parking spaces? What gives?
    Yep, it was approved at Wednesday nights board meeting. It will be paid for out of the fund balance with cost running about $1.2mil. The vote was unanimous after listening and questioning representatives from four different companies, Hellas Construction won the job. They didn't show up and learn about it that night, it has been researched and reviewed in prior board workshops. I'm on the fence and felt that Brahma fans deserved a long overdue stadium upgrade over turf for the field but it should be a good thing in the long run, I hope. We are also adding 500 home seats which was badly needed for as long as I can remember. By stadium upgrades I was thinking more along the lines of a home side concession stand, maybe a brick or stone facade around the bleachers, an upgraded press box (pricey due to ADA requirements), and more sidewalks around the facility. It's crazy that coming in from the side of the stadium still requires a hike over uneven terrain and through grass/dirt. Wet weather makes a nasty trek to the action! Either way I will always be in favor of upgrades of any kind for the Brahmas! It has been a long time since that stadium got some TLC, but it's still an awesome experience on Friday nights. This turf will allow the field to be used any time and all year. We just better make sure we have some coin stashed away in 8-10 years when it's time to replace the turf! On a side note, the junior high phenom I have been following since I first coached with his dad in pop warner will not be attending Bellville as a freshman. He moved to Foster and that class will have to get used to life without Cody Jackson. I'm not the guy who hyped up some kid with no facial hair, but he was phenomenal. I have said for 5 years that he would be the biggest recruit to come out of BHS ever if he stayed healthy and kept doing his thing, NO DOUBT. That class has a few other complete studs though, 2 which are on Varsity for now and one that will start. Now that Cody is gone, remember the name Patrick Starks. Ahhh, 7 on 7 has kicked off and football season is damn near here!

All-District

Having turf should allow the soccer teams to play at the stadium now. Should also give maintenance people more time to work on the softball/baseball complexes. The softball fields are never taken care of properly. as for the kid that's moving, really strange on the timing. Parents just happened to get new jobs I suppose. That, or maybe he is wanting more exposure in basketball or wants to play in an offense that passes.
    Last edited by XMan; 06-09-2017 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    If any schools need a new stadium with turf it's Wharton and East Bernard
    Guess you never been to Smithville?
    YnoT us?

All-American

Might as add Wallis-Brazos to the mix of stadiums which need upgrades as well as Boling who did put in a 6 lane track recently

Letterman

turf at the Pasture of Pain, soccer teams at the high school.....what's next a swimming team?

All-District

Next will be turf for sealy. The thought of bellville having a carpet of pain and sealy still playing on grass at tj mills stadium is just too much for the southern part of Austin county to phathom. Sealy has all those trophies and the ville has none.