Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    The reason I think this Dawg team could be the best because of the following.
    The best RB in the state in all classifications.
    Experienced offensive line returning, big, strong, and quick, add the two twin towers at 6' 5" 285 lb sophomores.
    Three receivers that can take it to the house on any play.
    Now add the sophomore that has received D1 offers and you have what has a chance to light up the score board.
    Now about the QB, everyone knows who ever the QB will be does not have to win ball games, he just has to do what coach S ask him to do. Do not fumble and limit INT's.
    Defense!!!!
    I truly believe the Dawg defense will be nothing short of amazing.
    Three all state caliber linebackers.
    The best ball hawking secondary in 4A.
    The D line will be bigger, stronger and hard to run on.
    The linebackers are big, strong, and fast. In my opinion, could be the best linebacking group we have ever had.
    Will this Dawg team win number 6, I don't know.
    I do know the talent is there for this Dawg team to be special.
    Do I believe this team can go 16 and 0, yes I do, will they, only time will tell.
    I pray for no injuries, the Dawgs play for each other, and play as a team.
    Go Bless coaches, players, and fans.
    I gave up after reading line two.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Lmao
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Lmao

Midlothian Heritage will have the best vertical passing game in 4A.. and capable of outscoring anyone they face in playoffs...anyone.

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    Midlothian Heritage will have the best vertical passing game in 4A.. and capable of outscoring anyone they face in playoffs...anyone.

Heritage would be my pick right now to win a talented Region II. I think their run last season just made them really hungry is all.
    Texas Forever.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    Did I read they were in need of a QB? That's cause for concern in itself. Not a deal killer, but a reason to be focused, for sure.
    This is our 5th time hearing that question since Blackshire graduated, we are for the most part not concerned. Truthfully we'd be more concerned if we didn't have a strong running game. Carthage's offense is all about balance. Rather have a great rb than qb. Surratt only had one qb not to win a title and ironically enough he was the only qb without a strong running back. Carthage will lose 2-3 games but i think they repeat.

Letterman

so are you picking them to win it all?

All-American

Hey, actually, toddg, what does Alvarado bring back this fall?
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ctown81 View Post
    so are you picking them to win it all?
    with their timing passing game, they will be a nightmare for anyone they face in the playoffs, and if they get through region 2..they have way more than a punchers chance of winning it. I don't care how good the defense of their opponent is, they won't just "fling" the ball around in desperation, it will be accurate, timing passes, and they have the OLine to give the QB the time.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Hey, actually, toddg, what does Alvarado bring back this fall?
    a very strong Defense, probably the best secondary we've had since 2011, and that's saying something. Front 7 will be hard to run on..basically a great core from last year, with very good additions. Offensively..3 outstanding RBs, a very good passing QB, that can run, a very fast FB, that ain't afraid to bring the wood..a couple of really good TEs(one is my son).. Our OLine will have good size, good technic..but, lacks experience. Hopefully we get them rolling by week 1 game at Justin northwest, we have games against Decatur and Kennedale in weeks 2 and 3, and they need to be playing well..cause I really like beating those teams lol!!!

Letterman

with their timing passing game, they will be a nightmare for anyone they face in the playoffs, and if they get through region 2..they have way more than a punchers chance of winning it. I don't care how good the defense of their opponent is, they won't just "fling" the ball around in desperation, it will be accurate, timing passes, and they have the OLine to give the QB the time.
    Do they have a defense to match?

Do they have a defense to match?
    In their 1st varsity season last year, their defense was obviously behind the offense, a lot of Sophs, and a lot of lessons learned. But, with the addition of newly hired D coach, (from Alvarado, dammitt), they should be much improved. In our district game with them last year, we amassed 350 rushing yards against them, and had it not been for penalties, and turnovers, we most likely would have beat them..they avg'd 49 pts a game last year, they beat us 17-14. They lost to Kennedale 49-47 in the 3rd round, had it not been for Kennedale's 5 star LB, breaking up a 2pt conversion pass, they would have won that game..not bad for a team in their 1st varsity season.

Letterman

In their 1st varsity season last year, their defense was obviously behind the offense, a lot of Sophs, and a lot of lessons learned. But, with the addition of newly hired D coach, (from Alvarado, dammitt), they should be much improved. In our district game with them last year, we amassed 350 rushing yards against them, and had it not been for penalties, and turnovers, we most likely would have beat them..they avg'd 49 pts a game last year, they beat us 17-14. They lost to Kennedale 49-47 in the 3rd round, had it not been for Kennedale's 5 star LB, breaking up a 2pt conversion pass, they would have won that game..not bad for a team in their 1st varsity season.
    Oh ok. I'm looking forward to following them and hopefully both they and Carthage reach the title game. Will love to see that matchup. I'm expecting Carthage to have the top defense in the state but they will be vastly underrated due to box scores that won't tell the whole story.

All-American

Oh ok. I'm looking forward to following them and hopefully both they and Carthage reach the title game. Will love to see that matchup. I'm expecting Carthage to have the top defense in the state but they will be vastly underrated due to box scores that won't tell the whole story.

One thing Carthage won't be this year is underrated.
    Texas Forever.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    One thing Carthage won't be this year is underrated.
    Not as a team, but i dont' think the defense will get the credit it deserves.