Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
Gilmer will probably, as usual, be good enough offensively to overcome defensive iniquities in most matchups. The new addition at RB certainly helps in that regard. And actually, from my understanding, that young man from Aledo may offer the Buckeyes more on the defensive side of things than the offensive side. I suspect the Buckeyes will be just fine on both sides of the ball and probably be 9-1 (can't pick them over Carthage right now) heading into the postseason. From there, I don't see another team in Region II giving them fits until maybe the region finals.

And unless Sweetwater is bringing back the house this year, I can't see anyone from Region I - as of right now - keeping the Region II champ out of the state championship game. Of course, last year, I didn't think Sweetwater had even a puncher's chance against Gilmer. Boy, was I wrong.
What is Celina's enrollment shaping up to be this fall? Could this be your last year in our division?

If so, this season may be your last chance to ever play Gilmer. Gilmer is now LOSING enrollment - down to only 660 in the high school, according to our superintendent. We're going to be in Division II for a LONG time to come. I don't think we'll ever collapse down into 3A Division I, but anything's possible, I guess.

After all, Daingerfield used to be in our district. Now they're all the way down in 3A Division II.