Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Default Stephenville QB (likely) out for year

http://theflashtoday.com/2017/06/14/...-john-surgery/

By BRAD KEITH
    TheFlashToday.com

STEPHENVILLE (June 13, 2017) — It appears Stephenville will not have Easton Jones back at quarterback this season, after all.

The Yellow Jackets very likely will not have him for basketball or baseball, either.

Jones was initially diagnosed with a torn ulna collateral ligament in his right elbow Tuesday after reportedly hearing a pop and feeling pain in his throwing arm following seven pitches in a select baseball game.

The name of the surgery used to correct a UCL tear of this significance has become two of the most feared words in baseball, perhaps all of sports – Tommy John. He will receive a second opinion next week from a physician affiliated with the Texas Rangers.

“We’ll get a second opinion from the Texas Rangers’ team doctor and then we’ll have the surgery as quick as we can,” said father Troy Jones, an associate athletic director at Tarleton State University, and a former coach, whose wife, Pamela Jones, is a longtime teacher and coach at Henderson Junior High. “Then we’ll get him in rehab and hope and pray for the best.”

Jones passed for more than 2,300 yards and 18 touchdowns last season, completing 57.2 percent of his attempts with 13 interceptions. He passed for more than 4,100 career yards and would have been a third-year starter this fall.

Jones was having a behemoth summer in 7-on-7, passing for 24 touchdowns and no interceptions to lead the Yellow Jackets to a state tournament berth with four straight wins at the Gatesville qualifier in May. He was turnover-free again the following week, seeing limited snaps while Stephenville was 3-0 in pool play of the Brock qualifier.

No. 2 quarterback Tyler Schouten, a junior, has put up good numbers when relieving Jones in 7-on-7, giving Schouten suddenly-valuable opportunities to work with a talented receiving core led by 4A high jump champ Blake Aragon and Kyle Lindsey.

Jones was selected for a regional recruiting showcase as part of Nike’s The Opening. He performed at the Dallas Regional, held in March at The Star, the stadium at the new headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys in Frisco.

Jones was one of two primary pitchers for the Region I-4A quarterfinalist Yellow Jacket baseball team this spring, posting a 0.88 earned run average while striking out 87 batters.

“We have received an outpouring of support from teammates, friends and family,” said Troy Jones. “All we can do is pray and trust that God has a reason for everything.”

All-American

Sheesh. Poor kid. Hopefully it won't be as bad as initially suspected, and he'll be able to avoid surgery altogether and get back to signal calling this fall. Your heart just breaks for the kids and the parents when something like this happens.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

That's a real bummer... But if I know Stephenville, the one waiting in the wings will be no slouch.

Junior Varsity

Prayers for healing. He is a great competitor, and we have enjoyed watching him for several years. Get well soon, Easton.

All-American

Hate to hear that... don't wish this kind of thing on anyone. Suddenly reminds me of when my middle son fractured his pelvis in the final scrimmage before the season his Sr year. Spent the season in a wheelchair... we cried a lot together that season.

Pretty sad deal for the kid. Hate to hear it.

I was looking forward to him having a great season this fall..prayers for the young man

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American

Any updates on his injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Any updates on his injury?
    I've heard a few things (some today at the booster club golf tournament) but you know how small towns are. Just rumors and "I heards".
    Will post something when I'm confident in it's validity...

All-American

For what it's worth I ran into a S'ville varsity player and his Dad at Possum Kingdom this last weekend and they know the Jones's well... they said he is a no-go for football season. Bummer.

Interview with HC. Mentions briefly the qb situation.

http://theflashtoday.com/2017/08/05/...inder-jackets/

Junior Varsity

Hearing rumors stem cell replacement is working and Jones is on a throwing program. He may be back

Blog Entries

This news could really change the outcome of this district. District Championship for SV if this news transpires into Jones playing at 100%.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Hope this is true.....would rather play Sville at full strength