I like it better the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Red Carpet View Post
    1. Brownwood
    2. Stephenville
    3. Wylie
    4. Snyder
    5. BS
    Should be this way for the next 2 seasons

The incoming juniors for Brownwood has owned stephenville and Wylie..we faced their Sophs twice last year, very good group.

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    1. La Vega (return veteran players. QB is a stud.)
    2. China Spring (if the lines can develop the offense looks salty again.)
    3. Liberty Hill (Weren't they young last year?)
    4. Burnet (I think they'll get past Gatesville and Lampasas)
    You should put LH at the bottom, like #5 or #6, nothing happing in the Hill.....
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    The incoming juniors for Brownwood has owned stephenville and Wylie..we faced their Sophs twice last year, very good group.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

all of stephenville's good sophomores were on varsity (and starting) so comparing JV's is kind of a moot point....

All-American

Several points... 1) Brownwood has had several 'stud' classes coming up over the last few years and it seems most of them never make it to varsity 2)Wylie has absolutely owned this district the last 5 years. Don't think we've lost a district game since 2011. Our soph class was weaker than usual last year but fortunately varsity is not dependent on one class--it is a mixture of 3 classes... and we have the master mixer. Unless Sandifer retires we win district again.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Several points... 1) Brownwood has had several 'stud' classes coming up over the last few years and it seems most of them never make it to varsity 2)Wylie has absolutely owned this district the last 5 years. Don't think we've lost a district game since 2011. Our soph class was weaker than usual last year but fortunately varsity is not dependent on one class--it is a mixture of 3 classes... and we have the master mixer. Unless Sandifer retires we win district again.
    Agree on your Brownwood points. We have been hearing "wait until next year" and "Brownwood is back" for the last 3-4 years and it never materializes. I hope it does, because I truly believe we are a better classification when Brownwood is a top tier team (or tier 1 as the guys on the show say). Wylie has owned this particular district. I was kinda surprised how dominant they have been. Not because I think AW is not doiminant, it's just because on paper this is a heck of a district. They have been undefeated since this particular district was put together in 2014. But they did lose 1 district game in 2013 and 2011 in a different district. 1 game to Monahans and 1 to Snyder. Still impressive to have gone undefeated in their current district since 2014. Take district 9 during that same time. We have not had one undefeated team any of those years, and nobody has won an outright district title. Hell Carthage was the 3rd place team this year and shared for the title the 2 previous seasons prior to this one. Wylie is by far the most consistent team in that area of Texas 4a D1. Heck of a program. They gotta be the favorite in R1 along with Argyle every year until proven otherwise.

All-District

When is Stephenville going to bounce back? Never thought they would fall as far as they have when they 1st dropped down in 2012. 16-19 over the last 3 seasons? Very surprising. I think 4a D1 is one of the toughest and funnest divisions in the state. But we need Ville to get back to their old ways. We have lost Ville and Navasota over the last couple of years. Those were 2 of our top 10 programs in the division. I love all the parity, but the division is too small to lose our top tier teams. I hope both Ville and Navasota bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    all of stephenville's good sophomores were on varsity (and starting) so comparing JV's is kind of a moot point....
    Where were all the juniors and seniors last season?

I understand what Wylie is as a program....very impressive and the class of 4a in west Texas. I just think Brownwood and Sville will be better this yr. I also understand that JV is not Varsity, but the sidelines from last year's Friday night Dawgs squad is going to have to carry the entire load. Maybe they can. Not much help coming from the JV ranks tho. I think the JV score was 38-0 at the end of the first quarter last yr. And Brownwoods sophomore group was split between JV and Varsity last year as well. I just think this district will be well represented by 3 solid teams. What separates them may be very small and it should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    i don't doubt Wylie should be the favorite in district, but putting Stephenville ahead of Brownwood is a stretch..and isn't about time for Snyder to make a move?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Red Carpet View Post
    I understand what Wylie is as a program....very impressive and the class of 4a in west Texas. I just think Brownwood and Sville will be better this yr. I also understand that JV is not Varsity, but the sidelines from last year's Friday night Dawgs squad is going to have to carry the entire load. Maybe they can. Not much help coming from the JV ranks tho. I think the JV score was 38-0 at the end of the first quarter last yr. And Brownwoods sophomore group was split between JV and Varsity last year as well. I just think this district will be well represented by 3 solid teams. What separates them may be very small and it should be fun.
    Everyone has an opinion... you support yours very well. I do believe we will be down compared to the last few years but will still win district and go 2-3 rounds in the playoffs. Brownwood's challenge has been and continues to be to keep the kids playing. For whatever reason that has not been the case the last 5-6 years.

Every season is an adventure. Good luck to all the participants in D1 district 3 4a!