Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Default Yoakum folks for quarterback football news

Did Boling QB Vernon Jackson transfer to Yoakum yet or will he eventually?
    Thanks for any information-Have heard he might or will as Boling's head coach left a few weeks ago

All-State

If you haven't heard anything then probably it was just a rumor

All-State

But then again Yoakum has been Killing it in recruiting lately.... who knows maybe they will seek out more coaches to hire with Div 1 caliber kids.

All-American

If he does bail I think they'll have a hard time getting a clear PAPF

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    But then again Yoakum has been Killing it in recruiting lately.... who knows maybe they will seek out more coaches to hire with Div 1 caliber kids.

PE Badminton coach, with a 6'4" kid about to hire on. Don't be a hater. It's all legit. Josh should be returning. Home sick. He has been away training in Florida. Still in negotiations with Boling I hear. Pope kid did enroll last week. They were originally from here though. Load up!!!!
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 05-03-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    YnoT us?

If Yoakum manages to pull all of this off, they will be the clear #1 in 3A DI next season. We will see how it pans out. Yokaum to Boling is a pretty serious move. The move all depends on the circumstances, of course. Boling and Yoakum is not exactly a short trip.

1. Has the student ever practiced or participated in extracurricular athletic activities (before school, after school or during an athletic period) at
    another school in the United States or Mexico in grades 8-12? If yes, the student must complete page 2 in addition to page 1 and both pages
    must be sent to the District.

3. Does the parent(s) of the student reside outside the attendance zone of the school the student wishes to represent?

6. Is there a change in schools but no change in address? If yes, please attach an explanation.

7. Is more than one residence owned, rented or maintained by the parents? If yes, please attach an explanation.

15. Has this move forced either of the parents to commute further to their place of employment?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    If Yoakum manages to pull all of this off, they will be the clear #1 in 3A DI next season. We will see how it pans out. Yokaum to Boling is a pretty serious move. The move all depends on the circumstances, of course. Boling and Yoakum is not exactly a short trip.

1. Has the student ever practiced or participated in extracurricular athletic activities (before school, after school or during an athletic period) at
    another school in the United States or Mexico in grades 8-12? If yes, the student must complete page 2 in addition to page 1 and both pages
    must be sent to the District.

3. Does the parent(s) of the student reside outside the attendance zone of the school the student wishes to represent?

6. Is there a change in schools but no change in address? If yes, please attach an explanation.

7. Is more than one residence owned, rented or maintained by the parents? If yes, please attach an explanation.

15. Has this move forced either of the parents to commute further to their place of employment?
    Thanks Yoe. Sure this is well known procedures by the administration. It's not a secret, nor has it even happened. Meanwhile, enjoy this video of Vern. Sure ya'll had a few move in's from Waco like him. LOL.

http://247sports.com/Player/Vernon-Jackson-80877
    YnoT us?

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    PE Badminton coach, with a 6'4" kid about to hire on. Don't be a hater. It's all legit. Josh should be returning. Home sick. He has been away training in Florida. Still in negotiations with Boling I hear. Pope kid did enroll last week. They were originally from here though. Load up!!!!
    If it does go down, its obvious it would be for "athletic" purposes. You go out and recruit a Coach that happens to have custody of a D1 caliber player?? Boling played a playoff game in Yoakum, maybe that's when the AD decided he "wanted" a certain Coach in town. And for what reason really? The kid has offers, he can play at any of those school the following season, the move doesn't seem logical at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    Boling played a playoff game in Yoakum, maybe that's when the AD decided he "wanted" a certain Coach in town.
    Maybe that coach don't like that the former AD was let go? Don't know. Maybe it was at state too? Come on, maybe it was the change from the current AD, and they went looking. Maybe? Hell if I know, just glad we even are considered.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Where you the one from EC commenting awhile back, why would Vern go to Yoakum, when EC is closer and a better program? Something like that as I recall.
    I didn't say he should go to El Campo.

I said if his goal was to play against better competition, it would make more sense to attempt to transfer into a higher classification.

I don't think he will be eligible if he transfers, so I don't much care whether he tries to transfer to El Campo or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    I didn't say he should go to El Campo.

I said if his goal was to play against better competition, it would make more sense to attempt to transfer into a higher classification.
    Yeah, I don't see how ya'll do it with that scary schedule. And Yoakum is a higher classification. Boling is D2.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Yeah, I don't see how ya'll do it with that scary schedule. And Yoakum is a higher classification. Boling is D2.
    Are you suggesting that El Campo should do something more than play 5A's in pre-district?

Are you suggesting that El Campo should do something more than play 5A's in pre-district?
    What part of my post led you to that? Damn, its brutally tough.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm
    YnoT us?

All-District

What part of my post led you to that? Damn, its brutally tough.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm
    Angleton would beat Yoakum by 4 td's.

Stafford by 2.

Angleton would beat Yoakum by 4 td's.

Stafford by 2.
    yeah, those are good teams.
    YnoT us?