Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Isaac has some skills. Take a few more weeks to get his valley speed adjustment down. Great kid, fit right in it seems.

    http://texashsfootball.com/san-benit...nsfers-yoakum/
    YnoT us?

  2. #32
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Need more info 22 on what's happening in YTLAND? It is a great day to be a Bulldog, I assure you. Oil is being drilled, job's available, come on down and bring your lil' footballers.
    YnoT us?

  3. #33
    All-State
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Need more info 22 on what's happening in YTLAND? It is a great day to be a Bulldog, I assure you. Oil is being drilled, job's available, come on down and bring your lil' footballers.
    Sounds like athletic purpose to me.....regardless of who gets hired in Yoakum. Maybe the big fella stays with his family even if Coach decides to take a job over there? Who knows, but either way its a shady situation.

  4. #34
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    Sounds like athletic purpose to me.....regardless of who gets hired in Yoakum. Maybe the big fella stays with his family even if Coach decides to take a job over there? Who knows, but either way its a shady situation.
    Let me guess, your from Van Vleck, Edna, EC?
    YnoT us?

  5. #35
    All-District
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    El Campo
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Ya'll had a few non-homegrowners. Some as I recall had a dad who coached too. Might not of been this caliber like Vern. Fingers crossed. Usually, they head south of us for some reason. Nice having them interested in YT to plant roots. Now, I know how they feel/felt down there. Even El Campo plucked a few from Palacios area, out their way.
    El Campo's transfers from Palacios came over in junior high.

    Not quite the same as a state top 50 player moving in for his senior year.

    We will see if it is deemed legal after it happens. You saying that it is doesn't make it so.

  6. #36
    All-State
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    El Campo's transfers from Palacios came over in junior high.

    Not quite the same as a state top 50 player moving in for his senior year.

    We will see if it is deemed legal after it happens. You saying that it is doesn't make it so.

    what would be really sad if it is deemed Illegal and it does nothing but hurt the kid and he isn't allowed to play.

  7. #37
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    El Campo's transfers from Palacios came over in junior high.

    Not quite the same as a state top 50 player moving in for his senior year.

    We will see if it is deemed legal after it happens. You saying that it is doesn't make it so.
    I didn't say nothing, except it's transparent. Figured you'd be chiming in Weebe. How you doing? I recall them Shark kids, they could of played varsity then.
    YnoT us?

  8. #38
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Where you the one from EC commenting awhile back, why would Vern go to Yoakum, when EC is closer and a better program? Something like that as I recall.
    YnoT us?

  9. #39
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    what would be really sad if it is deemed Illegal and it does nothing but hurt the kid and he isn't allowed to play.
    It will be cleared and ok'd first, "if" it happens Wedo, I bet. Especially after all the transparency and accusations. But, I bet them D1 schools would love he didn't play.
    YnoT us?

  10. #40
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Altair, Tx
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    It will be cleared and ok'd first, "if" it happens Wedo, I bet. Especially after all the transparency and accusations. But, I bet them D1 schools would love he didn't play.
    This is where you're just....well.....wrong.

    You don't go before the UIL and see if its "ok" for it to happen. The UIL doesn't get involved until AFTER its happened. At that point, if denied, the kid is the one that suffers.

  11. #41
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    This is where you're just....well.....wrong.

    You don't go before the UIL and see if its "ok" for it to happen. The UIL doesn't get involved until AFTER its happened. At that point, if denied, the kid is the one that suffers.
    I'll defer to you on UIL. I'm just a fan. I just know they have to have some guidelines you must follow. And the T's crossed and i's dotted.
    YnoT us?

  12. #42
    All-District
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    El Campo
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Where you the one from EC commenting awhile back, why would Vern go to Yoakum, when EC is closer and a better program? Something like that as I recall.
    I didn't say he should go to El Campo.

    I said if his goal was to play against better competition, it would make more sense to attempt to transfer into a higher classification.

    I don't think he will be eligible if he transfers, so I don't much care whether he tries to transfer to El Campo or not.

  13. #43
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    I didn't say he should go to El Campo.

    I said if his goal was to play against better competition, it would make more sense to attempt to transfer into a higher classification.
    Yeah, I don't see how ya'll do it with that scary schedule. And Yoakum is a higher classification. Boling is D2.
    YnoT us?

  14. #44
    All-District
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    El Campo
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how ya'll do it with that scary schedule. And Yoakum is a higher classification. Boling is D2.
    Are you suggesting that El Campo should do something more than play 5A's in pre-district?

  15. #45
    All-American YTBulldogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dewitt County
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Are you suggesting that El Campo should do something more than play 5A's in pre-district?
    What part of my post led you to that? Damn, its brutally tough.

    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm
    YnoT us?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •