Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    All-District

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    What part of my post led you to that? Damn, its brutally tough.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm
    Angleton would beat Yoakum by 4 td's.

Stafford by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Angleton would beat Yoakum by 4 td's.

Stafford by 2.
    yeah, those are good teams.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Seguin is blowing about a Kid from Steele who is a class of 2020 and has multiple offers form D 1 schools. Why would a kid leave a State Runner up to go to Seguin? Figure that one out and he is on campus from what O have seen!

Happens all the time, all over. Sure Navarro draws a few moves in, that once was in Seguin too. But, they seem to think Yoakum is doing something illegal or shady, when a family decides to move here.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    Seguin is blowing about a Kid from Steele who is a class of 2020 and has multiple offers form D 1 schools. Why would a kid leave a State Runner up to go to Seguin? Figure that one out and he is on campus from what O have seen!
    Steele could of had the pick of the litter but they chose to hire their HC from within. My bud from Shertz Cibilo told me two years ago about a problem at that school. They will be a shadow of what they were real soon.
    If a parent relocates to a new town because a better job how can the UIL fault them? If Yoakum hired him as a coach again how can they fault him? Robinson is a good wise coach who would never imperiled his team or the community. Build it and they will come!

Practice Squad

Thought Boling did run off a coach a while back?

YnoT us?

Welcome Coach Garvin from Ballinger. You and son Hagen will like being a Bulldog. Another HC change forcing coaches to look for a new home. Hear the big fish is still interested finding a new home.

6'2" - 185 QB/DB (junior to be) - runs the spread pretty well I see.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ba ... llinger,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=1b1369c4-c836-419e-870a-78b6082b3e7a
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Welcome Coach Garvin from Ballinger. You and son Hagen will like being a Bulldog. Another HC change forcing coaches to look for a new home. Hear the big fish is still interested finding a new home.

6'2" - 185 QB/DB (junior to be) - runs the spread pretty well I see.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ba ... llinger,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=1b1369c4-c836-419e-870a-78b6082b3e7a
    Hagen looks good on the videos I"ve looked at lately.
    Yoakum looks stronger than I"ve seen in years and barring injuries could go deep into the playoffs again year. Good to be a Bulldog!

Team strength IMO, even with some solid caliber skill guys, is our line play on both sides of the ball. OL- best I've seen in decades. And, they're still young. Like always in making a run, need some luck. But, with this depth --this team should be very, very special at seasons end. After last year, no cart before the horse though.

I'm rooting for Dewitt County teams, making the show.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Team strength IMO, even with some solid caliber skill guys, is our line play on both sides of the ball. OL- best I've seen in decades. And, they're still young. Like always in making a run, need some luck. But, with this depth --this team should be very, very special at seasons end. After last year, no cart before the horse though.

I'm rooting for Dewitt County teams, making the show.
    Yep the big uglies in the trenches have always been the foundation of good teams and the bulldogs got some serious beefy boys on those lines. How many are going both ways? That will be a factor later in the season. Down here at GP we don't have that problem with 75-80 suiting up on varsity.

Maybe one or two, initially? And, I'm sure like last year, Bo will build that depth via non-district action. Play them all, multiple positions. There is some solid hog's awaiting their first chance in varsity action behind the 6 or so already varsity game experienced. It's why I said our depth will be huge. Be nice to limit 2-ways. Silas Robinson and one other, only seniors on that OL too.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Maybe one or two, initially? And, I'm sure like last year, Bo will build that depth via non-district action. Play them all, multiple positions. There is some solid hog's awaiting their first chance in varsity action behind the 6 or so already varsity game experienced. It's why I said our depth will be huge. Be nice to limit 2-ways. Silas Robinson and one other, only seniors on that OL too.
    Bryce told me the team has been fanatical in working out this summer piling on muscle and getting more mobile, nice to have the HC"s son as team leader. These dogs have their eye on the one prize that has aluded Yoakum got too long, time to bring it home. Do you call baseball too? GP has gone Nuts building turf lil league baseball & softball fields, hell we had a pop warner youth football turf field built too. Not bragging but we will has the best lil league fields south of San Antonio.
    Next summer all new high school baseball and softball turf fields are going to be built.
    There's gona be a lot of tournaments real soon in GP. Love it, calallen is jealous as hell!
    Besides GP are the Real Wildcats!! You ever call games down here?

ck PM blue
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

ck PM blue
    Well how are the bulldogs looking so far?