Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Junior Josh Moore leaves Yoakum for IMG

YnoT us?

This is huge news and not exactly great news for Yoakum. I believe the Yoakum coach said all about he could on the situation.

I will have to take another look at my preseason rankings an evaluate things now. I know Yoakum will still have plenty of talent, which appears to still include the other twin.

Starter

I feel this will become the norm especially if state funding goes towards Private Schools and Charter Schools. They will have an advantage that the Public Schools just do not have and you will start to see super programs just like you see in Basketball that many college Coaches will encourage elite players to attend.

Junior Varsity

Josh but no Jordan? Cant say im suprised about that. I dont understand the move considering he already has national attention?

A&M signed three from there last week. Not surprised. it is amazing how many people can afford $85 grand a year for private school......

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    A&M signed three from there last week. Not surprised. it is amazing how many people can afford $85 grand a year for private school......
    They get scholarships.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    They get scholarships.
    In Florida the State uses vouchers in the amount of the public schools daily rate which can be used for Private School. Those that move and attend get to claim public funds is my understanding as they are housed with Parents or someone and the school provides a scholarship for the remaining balance. That information was provided to me from a few people I know who live in the state of Florida so take that information for what it is worth! Probably some truth and probably some that is not.

Blog Entries

I find this humorous.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

https://www.imgacademy.com/accommodations

Yea, they stay in local homes.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    https://www.imgacademy.com/accommodations

Yea, they stay in local homes.
    Let me clarify that the people who I have had this discussion with before were not talking about IMG Academy it was just a conversation about the Private Schools and what they perceived to be happening in their state. Like I stated some of it is probably true some of it not. IMG looks to be a whole different program!

All-District

This is ridiculous. Kid has a twin brother at Yoakum, and has a chance to win a state title with kids he grew up with his whole life. He already has like 25 offers. I don't see the advantage, unless you want to go for the amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    This is ridiculous. Kid has a twin brother at Yoakum, and has a chance to win a state title with kids he grew up with his whole life. He already has like 25 offers. I don't see the advantage, unless you want to go for the amenities.
    The next level is more important.

This can differ from kid to kid, but here are my thoughts on why someone would want to join IMG:

1. They believe they will get better coaching - thus a better chance to improve their skill set and better chance to start right off the bat in college. Potential NFL player.
    2. They believe they will get more exposure for college programs.
    3. "Celebrity" status appeal. You play for IMG.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    This can differ from kid to kid, but here are my thoughts on why someone would want to join IMG:

1. They believe they will get better coaching - thus a better chance to improve their skill set and better chance to start right off the bat in college. Potential NFL player.
    2. They believe they will get more exposure for college programs.
    3. "Celebrity" status appeal. You play for IMG.
    I think you pretty much hit the mark. I think we already see this here in Texas with Select Baseball and Basketball.

All-District

IMG also has state of the art training facilities, training programs, special nutrition programs, etc. They also play against elite competition.

Kids go there if they want to treat football as a business.

It's like a college football environment on the high school level.