Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Reports: Texas to fire Charlie Strong Sat., turn focus to Tom Herman
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...to-tom-herman/

ESPN reporting Ed Orgeron to be named permanent HC at LSU.

Ed Orgeron will reportedly be named LSU’s HC Sat. afternoon
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...sat-afternoon/

All-American

Orgeron to LSU bodes bad for Charlie
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I believe June Jones did the bowl thing 3 or 4 times with SMU from 2008-2014.
    The roster was a joke when Morris got there and he lost his starting QB. He has done a fantastic job.

The dude is loved by HS coaches and can flat out coach. I hope he doesn't go to Baylor because I think here's still a lot of crap to come down w Baylor and he could find himself in a situation w some NCAA sanctions. He would be best to sit for another year.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

It's official....

Texas has officially dismissed coach Charlie Strong after three seasons. Texas AD Mik… http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...463047904797-4 via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Tom Herman looked like a much better hire a couple weeks ago. He's now lost 3 games he was favored to win to Navy, SMU, and Memphis....

Funny how Sumlin has 4 losses in a much tougher conference and is on the hot seat, while Herman gets his pick between LSU and Texas. Hmmm

AD Mike Perrin...

“Decisions like this are tough to make,” the AD’s statement began. “The responsibility is not taken lightly. I became friends with Charlie Strong before becoming Athletics Director. I have the utmost personal respect for him. His impact on college athletics and student-athletes should be celebrated. Coach Strong represented The University of Texas with class and dignity, and he demanded our student-athletes do the same by adhering to his system of core values.

“However, after thorough evaluation, the body of work over three seasons has not shown the improvement we were hoping for. This was an important year for our program to take the next step, and the results simply aren’t there, so we’ve decided to make a change. We appreciate Coach Strong so much, are grateful for all he has done with our program and wish him the best in the future.”

Texas officially announces dismissal of Charlie Strong
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...harlie-strong/

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Tom Herman looked like a much better hire a couple weeks ago. He's now lost 3 games he was favored to win to Navy, SMU, and Memphis....

Funny how Sumlin has 4 losses in a much tougher conference and is on the hot seat, while Herman gets his pick between LSU and Texas. Hmmm
    Yeah, I think there is an enormous amount of risk w Herman. He may end up great, but he has had some unexplainable hiccups.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

ESPN CollegeFootball ‏@ESPNCFB
    BREAKING: Texas will hire Houston's Tom Herman as its next head coach, and a release is expected early Saturday afternoon, per @CFBHeather.

All-District

If the players really felt that strongly about Coach Strong, seems like there were a few times where a little extra effort would have helped. Losing to Kansas this year, losing to TCU last evening the way they did and getting shut out by I-State last years are just not good ways to cement a job. It was time for Coach to go. I think he knew it as well.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Herman has a winning pedigree.....despite a few hiccups this season. All three losses were late in the game. Yesterday's loss was understandable and still Houston came back and just lost it at the very end. I think this will prove to be a very good hire for the Horns.....JMO. Texas is absolutely loaded with talent and has all kinds of advantages that UH cannot touch. And look what Herman was able to accomplish there. And now he has a chance at some of those Houston area recruits.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I wonder if UH will promote Major Applewhite from OC to Head Coach now........my wife always called him "Opie" when he was QB at Texas, LOL. She thought he looked like Opie on the Andy Griffith Show, hahaha.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Herman has a winning pedigree.....despite a few hiccups this season. All three losses were late in the game. Yesterday's loss was understandable and still Houston came back and just lost it at the very end. I think this will prove to be a very good hire for the Horns.....JMO. Texas is absolutely loaded with talent and has all kinds of advantages that UH cannot touch. And look what Herman was able to accomplish there. And now he has a chance at some of those Houston area recruits.
    UT does have talent but they still have a ? At QB, imo. That was the biggest issue w strong imo. You have to score points in the big 12.

Beuchele is small. And hermans system relies on a running QB. That has to be a concern for Herman.

Houston issues statement addressing Tom Herman’s departure
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ans-departure/