Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    If you're a really good recruit, you can start as a freshman and be a difference maker. This goes double for sophomores.

If he really has a gold mine in those two classes, there is even less excuse for the record to date.

He is going to wind up with the worst losing percentage in the football program's history.
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...texas-history/
    Newsflash. UT always recruits well.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Breaking: LSU could have a deal in place with Houston's Tom Herman as early as Saturday - hornsdigest.comvia @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Newsflash. UT always recruits well.
    True. I used to think Mack Brown didn't get much out of his recruits and others did, too. That's why he was called Mr. February.

Charlie Strong makes Mack look like the greatest football coach in the history of the game by comparison.

If somehow Strong survives..all you guys get back to me, same time..same location..next year.
    Last edited by Tejastrue; 11-24-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    If somehow Strong survives..all you guys get back to me, same time..same location..next year.
    http://abc13.com/sports/lsu-houston-...urces/1624614/

He's going to survive, but it's going to cost that program WAY MORE in revenue over the next year than it would have to buy him out.

I am beginning to think Texas should drop out of the P5 and petition to join that conference SMU's in. MAYBE they'll be competitive in that one.

The Strong haters have no idea. As I said earlier..I believe next year is the break out season. There is so much of this now, now, now mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    The Strong haters have no idea. As I said earlier..I believe next year is the break out season. There is so much of this now, now, now mentality.
    He just lost to 1-9 Kansas man.... I don't think anyone is demanding anything more than decency at this point. He hasn't even provided that in 3 years

The law of averages will eventually catch up at the most inopportune times. Unfortunately it is was at the expense of the UT program. Decency.. really?

All-American

If LSU hires Herman, Strong probably stays for another year. Herman may just be using LSU to get the anti upped because ESPN is reporting this morning that Texas is still in play.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

ESPN has been wrong so often recently that I tend to believe the opposite of what they report.

Here is a comparison of Strong's three seasons compared with Mack Brown's first three.

Brown inherited a 4-7 team from the fired John Mackovic. He then went 9-3 in 1998, 9-5 in 1999 and 9-3 in 2000.

Strong inherited an 8-5 team from Brown. So far he has gone 6-7, 5-7 and 5-6.

You don't do that at a program with the pressure and pedigree of the Texas one and expect to make it to the fourth year.

If he does, it has something to do with being "politically correct" toward him. There, I said it.

Blog Entries

Strong is going to be gone. Who will Texas hire to replace? That's the question obviously. But this scenario has been mucked up from the start of the reports of who would replace him. Herman has been the front runner on who Texas would hire from what the reports have stated. Remember how everyone was surprised on the hire of Strong? Who knows who it will be... I'm sure it'll be another surprise. Hopefully Texas will get it right this time. When Texas is playing well, the Big 12 is better.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Strong is going to be gone. Who will Texas hire to replace? That's the question obviously. But this scenario has been mucked up from the start of the reports of who would replace him. Herman has been the front runner on who Texas would hire from what the reports have stated. Remember how everyone was surprised on the hire of Strong? Who knows who it will be... I'm sure it'll be another surprise. Hopefully Texas will get it right this time. When Texas is playing well, the Big 12 is better.
    If Texas were smart, they wouldn't panic about Herman going lsu. Just take a deep breath and go get Chad Morris.

I'm not convinced Chad Morris isn't a better coach than Herman. He is revered in Texas HS football. He's a tireless recruiter. He is a damn good coach. If you don't think so, just know that he has SMU on the verge of bowl eligibility. That is damn near a miracle, if you ask me.

I think Morris should stay out for now. He will have a chance a a bigger job and won't have to deal w the mess in Waco.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

I believe June Jones did the bowl thing 3 or 4 times with SMU from 2008-2014.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    This. Sad to see the entire program at Texas being run by people with no athletic background. I appreciate the importance of academics but come on...

All-American
    Blog Entries

Let's see how the Cougars perform today against a very good Memphis team with all this hullabuloo interceding this week's big game. The Cougars must be some kind of minor league training ground for quality coaches going to the majors, haha.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.