Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I still think he needs one more year. He must have kicked off the the team at least 10 players for discipline and what have you in 2014. So many freshman and sophomores starting including the QB. What do we expect? Those young men looked defeated because they knew at that point they had let the coach down and even if they had held on the chances were slim for Strong to remain at UT. I believe next year would be or would have been the breakout season. It's a mistake to let him go. Okay, as someone else on here has said in the past repeatedly..fire away.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I still think he needs one more year. He must have kicked off the the team at least 10 players for discipline and what have you in 2014. So many freshman and sophomores starting including the QB. What do we expect? Those young men looked defeated because they knew at that point they had let the coach down and even if they had held on the chances were slim for Strong to remain at UT. I believe next year would be or would have been the breakout season. It's a mistake to let him go. Okay, as someone else on here has said in the past repeatedly..fire away.
    I agree 100%
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Speaking of Craig James, he just totally destroyed his TV career soon after that by not being "politically correct."

Plus, he ran for some statewide office (U.S. Senate?) and came in either last or close to it.

All this happened after he decided to take on Leach and get him fired over not playing his son. So Leach unleashed some karma on that mofo, it looks like.

Looks like James, who may or may not have killed five hookers while at SMU, already moved out of Celina. https://bustedcoverage.com/2014/10/0...-just-1800000/

As for the Texas deal, it'd be cheaper to have Red McCombs write a check to buy Strong out than what they're going to lose from all the empty seats and lost merchandise sales if they were to keep him one more year. He is ALREADY officially UT's version of OU's late 1990s catastrophe named Coach John Blake.

All-American

Not a horn fan so I watch horn games with no alligence and an open mind. I agree with you talent is there and young. The move he has made with a power back like Foreman gives them a chance to win, I think they figured this out with the success they had in that swoopes short yardage package, B12 defenses are awful and can't tackle- Charle and his staff were on to something. They have a quarterback with a lot of promise and an OC in year one. Talent is there on defense also. The Horns were I believe in every game with the young talent they have and I to think next year was going to be Strongs breakout year. Strong is a good coach but unfortunely not a good fit for Texas because the job requires too much away from X's and O's and the poor guy had an up hill battle from day one with the powers to be.

I think they ought to keep him too..... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I think they ought to keep him too..... hehe
    Lol Saggy..you guys have your own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    Not a horn fan so I watch horn games with no alligence and an open mind. I agree with you talent is there and young. The move he has made with a power back like Foreman gives them a chance to win, I think they figured this out with the success they had in that swoopes short yardage package, B12 defenses are awful and can't tackle- Charle and his staff were on to something. They have a quarterback with a lot of promise and an OC in year one. Talent is there on defense also. The Horns were I believe in every game with the young talent they have and I to think next year was going to be Strongs breakout year. Strong is a good coach but unfortunely not a good fit for Texas because the job requires too much away from X's and O's and the poor guy had an up hill battle from day one with the powers to be.
    I hear what you are saying Nasty and I don't disagree. Have I mentioned that Kansas has a very good coach now in Beaty?

All-American

I hear what you are saying Nasty and I don't disagree. Have I mentioned that Kansas has a very good coach now in Beaty?
    Beaty is a fine coach. He's doing a very good job considering what he has had to deal with the numbers he has to play with.

I remember Beaty playing at Garland High...I'm old

Letterman

I want to feel bad for him, but it is hard to when he gets caught cheating on his wife breaking his own "Core Value". I am not a big fan of coaches who don't practice what they preach. Especially something like that.

Not to mention he is getting paid. I would gladly be fired from my job for that kind of money.

All-American

Charlie had a lot of things to say in his press conference today. Won't know until Frdiay after TCU game. Don't know if a win will keep him in place. Or depends if Horns get a bowl game

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Charlie had a lot of things to say in his press conference today. Won't know until Frdiay after TCU game. Don't know if a win will keep him in place. Or depends if Horns get a bowl game

All reports are saying the decision has already been made. Strong is gone after the TCU game, regardless of outcome.

I wonder what effect this will have on Traylor. Any of you Gilmer folk have inside information?
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Note to any top-flight coach considering the UT job: Know what you're getting into. Get a huge signing bonus up front and have an even bigger golden parachute/buyout for when they fire you after 2-3 years...

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I agree 100%
    Me, too.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    All reports are saying the decision has already been made. Strong is gone after the TCU game, regardless of outcome.

I wonder what effect this will have on Traylor. Any of you Gilmer folk have inside information?
    Traylor will go to another college job. He has said he will never coach at the high school level again unless it was here, but I highly doubt that'll ever happen.

Rumor I heard is he almost went to Missouri already. That's how he got a huge raise after a 5-7 season. That and his recruiting awards.

Incidentally, I love reading all the Aggies on here giving Strong a vote of confidence. Reminds me of when KState Coach Snyder told him "You da man" (or words to that effect) after the Wildcats' latest win over the 'Horns. What opponent wouldn't LOVE Charlie to stick around?

What is happening now is he's costing the program a lot of money. The empty seats and failure to sell season tickets are only going to get worse. The Longhorn swag is piling up on the shelves all over the country. This failure of sales and merchandising is going to cost them more than it would to have Red McCombs buy out his and his assistants' contracts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Traylor will go to another college job. He has said he will never coach at the high school level again unless it was here, but I highly doubt that'll ever happen.

Rumor I heard is he almost went to Missouri already. That's how he got a huge raise after a 5-7 season. That and his recruiting awards.

Incidentally, I love reading all the Aggies on here giving Strong a vote of confidence. Reminds me of when KState Coach Snyder told him "You da man" (or words to that effect) after the Wildcats' latest win over the 'Horns. What opponent wouldn't LOVE Charlie to stick around?

What is happening now is he's costing the program a lot of money. The empty seats and failure to sell season tickets are only going to get worse. The Longhorn swag is piling up on the shelves all over the country. This failure of sales and merchandising is going to cost them more than it would to have Red McCombs buy out his and his assistants' contracts.
    Great points Aesculus gilmus!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019