Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Default Charlie Strong out at Texas?

Lost to Kansas. Gone is what I'm hearing?

All-American

I'm not even a UT fan, but I feel bad for Charlie. I don't see how he survives this one.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

That postgame press conference was extremely painful to watch

I actually felt bad for the guy
    Last edited by Saggy Aggie; 11-19-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    That postgame press conference was extremely painful to watch

I actually felt bad for the guy
    Same here.

All-American
    Blog Entries

He don't have my sympathy........he didn't move the team forward. I wasn't in favor of the choice in the first place. He'll land on his feet somewhere......somewhere else besides UT and the Big 12.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Meh. We have our own problems to deal with.

All-American

Hearing lots of rumors swirling in Raiderland too. Losing 66-10 to Iowa State and going a combined 12-24 in Big 12 play will do that...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Hearing lots of rumors swirling in Raiderland too. Losing 66-10 to Iowa State and going a combined 12-24 in Big 12 play will do that...
    It's time. Anyone got an extra $9.4M laying around?
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    It's time. Anyone got an extra $9.4M laying around?
    don't forget his assistants buyouts, the buyout for the new coach from his school he's at now to along with his salary which I won't be surprised will more than Strongs...and remember still paying over time on the last staff.

I still think he needs one more year. He must have kicked off the the team at least 10 players for discipline and what have you in 2014. So many freshman and sophomores starting including the QB. What do we expect? Those young men looked defeated because they knew at that point they had let the coach down and even if they had held on the chances were slim for Strong to remain at UT. I believe next year would be or would have been the breakout season. It's a mistake to let him go. Okay, as someone else on here has said in the past repeatedly..fire away.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I still think he needs one more year. He must have kicked off the the team at least 10 players for discipline and what have you in 2014. So many freshman and sophomores starting including the QB. What do we expect? Those young men looked defeated because they knew at that point they had let the coach down and even if they had held on the chances were slim for Strong to remain at UT. I believe next year would be or would have been the breakout season. It's a mistake to let him go. Okay, as someone else on here has said in the past repeatedly..fire away.
    I agree 100%
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Speaking of Craig James, he just totally destroyed his TV career soon after that by not being "politically correct."

Plus, he ran for some statewide office (U.S. Senate?) and came in either last or close to it.

All this happened after he decided to take on Leach and get him fired over not playing his son. So Leach unleashed some karma on that mofo, it looks like.

Looks like James, who may or may not have killed five hookers while at SMU, already moved out of Celina. https://bustedcoverage.com/2014/10/0...-just-1800000/

As for the Texas deal, it'd be cheaper to have Red McCombs write a check to buy Strong out than what they're going to lose from all the empty seats and lost merchandise sales if they were to keep him one more year. He is ALREADY officially UT's version of OU's late 1990s catastrophe named Coach John Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I think they ought to keep him too..... hehe

All-American

I feel for Strong myself, he has been a great influence on my son the last three years. Every player on this team had his back , to bad it did not work out. We have made some lifetime memories , Hookem

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    I feel for Strong myself, he has been a great influence on my son the last three years. Every player on this team had his back , to bad it did not work out. We have made some lifetime memories , Hookem
    The way they were on the sideline yesterday did not show they had his back...losing is one thing, looking like you do not care is another
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//