Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    All-American

Pathetic showing against a poor Kansas team who wanted it more

ESPN Stats & Info
    @ESPNStatsInfo

Kansas ended all manner of losing streaks with its win over Texas.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Lol....
    Nice win by your aggys today, *******.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Nice win by your aggys today, *******.
    A win is a win, bud. Just ask Kansas

Junior Varsity

A win is a win, bud. Just ask Kansas
    And a win for Texas....can you say "come on down Tom Herman"?. I have aggy friends who are big time apprehensive about what is about to happen at Texas now, and I only sit back and smile. We will get a game changer coach now, & you can take that to the bank! And I'm smiling from ear to ear. Again, a new coach, a new direction... a win for Texas today. Just sit back & enjoy the ride. And....HOOK'EM HORNS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    And a win for Texas....can you say "come on down Tom Herman"?. I have aggy friends who are big time apprehensive about what is about to happen at Texas now, and I only sit back and smile. We will get a game changer coach now, & you can take that to the bank! And I'm smiling from ear to ear. Again, a new coach, a new direction... a win for Texas today. Just sit back & enjoy the ride. And....HOOK'EM HORNS!!
    Hey, there's a different perspective from ol bigcountry.

Has anyone actually asked Herman if he's even interested though?

All-American

I've been wondering what makes people think Hermann would be the answer, sure he would be a change for either the horns or ags. I have asked other Aggies, and Horn relatives and they all give the same answer...he can recruit lights out, he can win big games and he was part of a NC staff. Well isn't that same resume that Strong had before he was hired at Texas? Also like I told my horn uncle so the horns have gone from a program that could money whip any big name coach in country to having to settle on a coach with two years head coaching from U of H that was a few ago getting blasted for losing to a service academy and pounded by smu. Idk any more about Strong or Sumlin neither seem to be the answer

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    I've been wondering what makes people think Hermann would be the answer, sure he would be a change for either the horns or ags. I have asked other Aggies, and Horn relatives and they all give the same answer...he can recruit lights out, he can win big games and he was part of a NC staff. Well isn't that same resume that Strong had before he was hired at Texas? Also like I told my horn uncle so the horns have gone from a program that could money whip any big name coach in country to having to settle on a coach with two years head coaching from U of H that was a few ago getting blasted for losing to a service academy and pounded by smu. Idk any more about Strong or Sumlin neither seem to be the answer
    Meant to say a few weeks ago was getting blasted. What makes horns and Aggies so sure he's a homerun hire? What about Les Miles- heard he's putting together a staff, that includes a possible big name OC, Patterson at TCU is a longshot to leave TCU but he is a proven winner? What about Chad Morris, PJ Fleck and Macintyre? It wouldn't surprise me if both Strong and Sumlin are still coaching at both schools next season- there are a lot of buyouts involved in getting rid of both coaches and their staffs not to mentioned to buyouts of new coaches from the schools they're out now.

All-American

Ok maybe Strong is gone- just got a text at 5:57 from Horn buddy.

All-American

Pretty sure this is done deal. I don't think the horns want to embarrass themselves a second time conducting a search for a coach. They learned last time that a lot big names don't want the hassles that come with the job in Austin, no matter how much money is thrown at them. Herman has stated this is a dream job for him.

All-American

November 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Report: Charlie Strong to be fired by Texas
    The Charlie Strong era at Texas is about to come to an end. The Austin American-Statesman on Sunday cited a high-ranking source saying school officials had decided to fire Strong as football coach. Multiple school sources told the San Antonio Express-News they expected an announcement on Strong's firing by Monday morning, but could not confirm that a decision had been made.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    Herman is 22-3 at Houston...Houston. The last two years he has wins over Jimbo Fisher & Florida State, Bob Stoops & OU, & Bobby Petrino & Louisville...at a small program like Houston.. HOUSTON. Those wins alone are attention getters at a program like Houston. Herman played a major role in Ohio State's national championship. And you have to wonder why Texas would be interested in Tom Herman? If you don't get it good...but I know you ags better than that...you are damn nervous. UT is smart enough to take notice, because we damn sure better. Some P5 school sure will & good for Texas understanding that and being ready to act. He is an up & comer, incredibly organized & motivated, a great recruiter, a tireless worker... just what Texas needs now. Bring it on & Hook'Em damn Horns!!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    Herman is 22-3 at Houston...Houston. The last two years he has wins over Jimbo Fisher & Florida State, Bob Stoops & OU, & Bobby Petrino & Louisville...at a small program like Houston.. HOUSTON. Those wins alone are attention getters at a program like Houston. Herman played a major role in Ohio State's national championship. And you have to wonder why Texas would be interested in Tom Herman? If you don't get it good...but I know you ags better than that...you are damn nervous. UT is smart enough to take notice, because we damn sure better. Some P5 school sure will & good for Texas understanding that and being ready to act. He is an up & comer, incredibly organized & motivated, a great recruiter, a tireless worker... just what Texas needs now. Bring it on & Hook'Em damn Horns!!!
    Oh I can tell you I am far from nervous or losing sleep. I would love to have a civil discussion with you about Herman or any other coaches, like I have had with Aggies high on him, as well as Horn friends and relatives. You and I both know there is no guarantee that Herman will pan out. I can spin a narrative. I have Aggie buddies that were high on him also but I posed to them as I to you. This is the guy that lost to Navy, was pounded by SMU, needed some magic to beat Tulsa and C. Florida. I'll give credit where it's due he pulled out two wins to prevent going 0-4 in October. Herman has done a great job with U of H but how many times have we heard the spin he's winning with someone else talent, could this be said here also?

Spinning another narrative Strong was just as instrumental with a NC also and you know what Florida just like Herman's tOSU was just fine after he left.

I also believe if Strong is gone as early rumors circulate, I can bet you he is leaving talent in place for the next guy. I think Strong is a good football coach and was onto something with the talent and the new OC he hired. I really think he was going to have the breakout season you all have been looking for.

I am pretty sure if the media was claiming Texas was in talks with PJ Fleck you would be telling almost all the same stuff, minus the NC talk.

Your points presented are the same as what others have given to me, I know this with coaching hires today there are no homerun hires anymore.

I have no idea what the Aggies will do with Sumlin but I assure you I am not nervous on losing out on Herman should things go your way. Like I said there are no homerun hires in college football (fan's are to impatient and want instant results) there are only flavor of the week hires every year. That's what you all got with Strong and the Aggies got with Sumlin. I can remember Aggies making a push for Strong instead of Sumlin.

Houston isn't as little as program as you think it is when compared to their conference foes, they have quite a bid of history, money, resources and talent to pull from. We are talking about the same program that really shook up the SWC within years of joining.
    Last edited by NastySlot; 11-20-2016 at 09:42 PM.