Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Default The ball bouncing a little weird in East Texas this year

So let me see where to start.
    Gilmer beats Center by 49. Gilmer loses to Carthage. Carthage loses to both Henderson and Kilgore. Kilgore beats Henderson. Henderson beats Center 56-0. And of course Center beats Kilgore.

I'm sure this can be expanded on many times over. It's just been a little weird up here this year!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Starter

Don't you just love Texas high school football.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Gilmer beats Center by 49. Gilmer loses to Carthage. Carthage loses to both Henderson and Kilgore. Kilgore beats Henderson. Henderson beats Center 56-0. And of course Center beats Kilgore.

I'm sure this can be expanded on many times over. It's just been a little weird up here this year!!!
    I agree. Not to mention Carthage beat Center 49-16. Kilgore played Palestine close and then Carthage beats them by what could've been 100. I don't know what to think. Carthage looked like world beaters early, and then had a major lull in the middle of the season. Let's wait and see what happens in the playoffs. Either the top East Texas teams are really good and anybody can beat anybody on any given night, or we are all average. To be honest there is very little separating Gilmer, Carthage, Kilgore, and Henderson. So we will see what they do in the playoffs. If the Carthage team that showed up against LE, WH, Gilmer, and Palestine shows up they can beat anybody. If the same one that showed up against Henderson and Bullard shows up they will be at home after round 2. Really a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. We will see if this team can make another unexpected run deep in the playoffs. It will either be really fun or really painful.

If Gilmer could just stop turning the ball over... We will likely get at least 3 rounds deep with the talent alone. If we stop the turnovers, though, I think we can easily be in Jerry's World in mid-December. Heck, who knows, we may be there anyway.

Yes, this has certainly been a weird year in ET. How Center beat Kilgore in Kilgore is beyond me. Center is talented, but good grief, Kilgore was rolling right along and then BAM!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Yes, this has certainly been a weird year in ET. How Center beat Kilgore in Kilgore is beyond me. Center is talented, but good grief, Kilgore was rolling right along and then BAM!
    Kilgore definitely didn't play their best game of the year, but it's not like we turned the ball over 5 times or had 150-yds in penalties or anything. Center's QB just happened to be on fire all night long and he and the D-1 receiver absolutely torched our secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie98 View Post
    Kilgore definitely didn't play their best game of the year, but it's not like we turned the ball over 5 times or had 150-yds in penalties or anything. Center's QB just happened to be on fire all night long and he and the D-1 receiver absolutely torched our secondary.
    Yep, I read the stats, but I still didn't expect that to happen. Their QB is big and elusive, and their D1 wide receiver is big and pretty fast. I'm not surprised they had pretty big nights. I just thought that Kilgore would make a few more stops than they did, and that Center wouldn't be able to stop Kilgore often enough to win. It just goes to show that anything can happen on any given Friday night in ET.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-District

The C Dawgs this past Friday night started what I see as here we go. They dominated the game and will turn it up a notch this week. Coach S said after the game that was the first game since the Gilmer game that the Dawgs played with emotion, fire, and mistake free ball. He believes the Dawgs are peaking at just the right time and will get better each game from here on out. The storm has started, it will stay in East, Texas for one more week and then will start moving across the state. Light wind last week, smell of rain in the air, lightening in the distance, sound of thounder, heavy rain, strong winds, and finally, the Dawgnator hits.

Here we go again! BOOM! I'm hearing some thunder!
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    The C Dawgs this past Friday night started what I see as here we go. They dominated the game and will turn it up a notch this week. Coach S said after the game that was the first game since the Gilmer game that the Dawgs played with emotion, fire, and mistake free ball. He believes the Dawgs are peaking at just the right time and will get better each game from here on out. The storm has started, it will stay in East, Texas for one more week and then will start moving across the state. Light wind last week, smell of rain in the air, lightening in the distance, sound of thounder, heavy rain, strong winds, and finally, the Dawgnator hits.
    see where there is a high pressure ridge called el campo from the south

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    see where there is a high pressure ridge called el campo from the south
    Haha.....that's very quick of you, toddg. Maybe you should've been a weatherman, LOL.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Haha.....that's very quick of you, toddg. Maybe you should've been a weatherman, LOL.
    nothing but blue skies here in sunny alvarado..but, i sense a bad moon rising for our opponents...

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post

This one goes full circle.....

Kilgore beat Carthage by 7 who beat Gilmer by 18 who beat Gladewater by 7 who beat Kilgore by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie98 View Post
    This one goes full circle.....

Kilgore beat Carthage by 7 who beat Gilmer by 18 who beat Gladewater by 7 who beat Kilgore by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I knew someone would work Gladewater in there. There are probably several other scenarios also
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Who all lost to either Krum in the Semis or Argyle in the Finals or earlier.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Sorry... that was me from the future chiming in. I told him to stay out of it. He could change the outcome saying things like that.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances