Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Why shouldn't I be happy with the direction a&m is heading? I didn't say that things have been perfect, but what's not to like? Chance for a national championship this year and can compete with anyone. You didn't answer the question either. Do you like your alma maters success lately? The direction they're heading? I suppose that might be a tough question for someone who didn't actually go to college. Lol
    Idiot aggy talking trash & talking it enough he actually believes it..I have a degree from UT, thank you. I figure you couldn't get in UT & had to settle for aggy. Much harder to get in the more prestigious school. No way I am happy with Texas right now. Nor would we have had many of the coaching hires we have had at Texas if it had been me. But, I know our history and it will change. Even thru the crap, we actually have a couple conference titles since 2000 & a national title. And your Collie Station school?...0 titles since 2000 (last one was 1998, & the only Big 12 title you ever won). Wow that's weak. Unreal weak. Here I am pissed at our lack of titles, but you guys? Laughable to the max. The big zero since 2000? Yet you're happy & content? Biggest mouth & crap talker on this board & that's all you have? I could understand if you were an OU or Bama fan where they have actually won many conference titles. And that's what turns people off brainwashed agroids like yourself. Lots of talk & no substance to back it up. Win a damn title & then you have earned your talk. That's ok though, little ag. Stay content like you are...that's exactly how we want you to be.
    Last edited by bigcountry; 10-29-2016 at 11:06 PM.

FYI, Texas is a public school, so top 10% = automatic admission just like Texas a&m. The 'you probably didn't get accepted here' argument is for complete idiots who don't understand the system. Non college educated type folks....

Junior Varsity

FYI, Texas is a public school, so top 10% = automatic admission just like Texas a&m. The 'you probably didn't get accepted here' argument is for complete idiots who don't understand the system. Non college educated type folks....
    ...you better go back & review the system a little harder dumbass. Funny, how many of people I know who have had kids apply to both schools ALWAYS say how much harder it is to get in to Texas. That's actual, real life cases... not dribble coming from your blabbing mouth. Not going to argue with a brainwashed idiot any further. Man you are a joke. No wonder this board has deteriorated so much, when a thick headed mouth like yourself is over here day after day spewing his crap. Gets old for many. You just can't reason with thick headed agroids like yourself, nor is it worth it.

Here you go jackass:

http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/?...CAFED91FACC7FB

I know facts are hard for you.

So if you're not an idiot, you get automatic acceptance to any state school, including your precious Texas longhorns. I know it's hard to imagine for non college educated folks like yourself.
    Last edited by Saggy Aggie; 10-30-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    ...you better go back & review the system a little harder dumbass. Funny, how many of people I know who have had kids apply to both schools ALWAYS say how much harder it is to get in to Texas. That's actual, real life cases... not dribble coming from your blabbing mouth. Not going to argue with a brainwashed idiot any further. Man you are a joke. No wonder this board has deteriorated so much, when a thick headed mouth like yourself is over here day after day spewing his crap. Gets old for many. You just can't reason with thick headed agroids like yourself, nor is it worth it.
    For you to claim such a superior program, education, etc., you sure resort to the lowest common denominator in these discussions.

BTW, I've always loved how UT loves to throw around their all time record and how many games they've won etc. what most people don't realize is that it's just been fairly recently that scholarship restrictions have been in place. That period of history when schools like Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame all built those outstanding records, there were no scholarship restrictions. It was common practice in those days to offer scholarships to kids that you knew could not play for you but wanted to keep off of competing teams. The playing field was severely tilted in their favor. Scholarship restrictions when in the place in 1973. If you go back and look at UTs Record since then, it's not that impressive frankly. In fact, the record against Texas A&M is 20-19. Since scholarship restrictions have been in place UT has exactly one national championship and a handful of conference championships. In my mind, that's underachieving given their resources and prestige.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Pretty certain you wrong on Top 10 more like 8 now, there are plenty of very smart kids that cannot get into Texas right out of HS. There are a number of great colleges in Texas however a degree is worth it's weight in gold from Texas and a few others schools, Texas- What Starts here changes the World. Hookem and atm still Sucks.

All-American

I say give Charlie a VOC and extend his contract five more years.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I believe Texas was able to cap their admissions for top 10. Been a while since I read the article but I believe the cap is at 75% now so it does make it more like top 8 or 7 %. A&M chose not to cap.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    I say give Charlie a VOC and extend his contract five more years.
    I don't know about an extension but let him finish out his current contract and do his job. Your horns could win out with the schedule they have and if my math is correct make them 8-4 at seasons end and also playing in a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    I believe Texas was able to cap their admissions for top 10. Been a while since I read the article but I believe the cap is at 75% now so it does make it more like top 8 or 7 %. A&M chose not to cap.
    When did that happen?

All-American

When did that happen?
    Well legislation change in 09 so schools could adjust. Texas has been moving it lower ever since. Was at top 8% then to nine and think it's at 8 again. I believe the changes have more to do with pending lawsuit(s) with reverse discrimination rather then being selective.

All-American

Well legislation change in 09 so schools could adjust. Texas has been moving it lower ever since. Was at top 8% then to nine and think it's at 8 again. I believe the changes have more to do with pending lawsuit(s) with reverse discrimination rather then being selective.
    Yes 8% is correct, glad my son was No.6 in class. Hookem

That would explain why I wasn't familiar with this. I did all my applications in 08 before the change.

Regardless, top 8% isn't difficult either. Look at hooks son, hook is brain dead and his son was top 5% of his class... lol jk hook

All-American

When did that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Yes 8% is correct, glad my son was No.6 in class. Hookem
    So he got both his brains and athleticism for his mom........lol.

Just kidding-Hook

All-American

That would explain why I wasn't familiar with this. I did all my applications in 08 before the change.

Regardless, top 8% isn't difficult either. Look at hooks son, hook is brain dead and his son was top 5% of his class... lol jk hook
    Watch it asshole, I know where you live.