Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yikes!

37 points allowed in the 1st half.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Texas D and esp. the secondary is sorely lacking against the Big 12 competition. I guess TT and Baylor will tear them up if they don't fix it.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Poor special teams play-Cant kick a field goal or extra point -no pass defense and playing with no emotion. Cowboys will put up at least 60 points

Nice call right there.

This is about to get very ugly.

All-American

Dropping like flys, now it could get ugly.

All-American

This is just Pathetic play-coaching and players aren't on same page-and they will lose to OU next week

I didn't get to watch, but is jones playing safety?

All-American

What's most disappointing is the play and execution on special teams, year one Strong gets a pass but in year 3 it may even be worse. To me this is directly tied to the HC, yes defense has been pitiful but as a HC you have to make sure your team is prepared in all phases of the game. This to me is Strong's weakest area, I have stayed positive with Strong as our coach but he is not improving this team in all areas now that he has talent around him. Like I said earlier it is a positive thing that ATM is winning this year, Herman should be available if Strong continues to struggle this year. No doubt Strong fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season especially if his best two RB are out for any length of time. The fans and media will go off with another sub 500 year, Strong will not survive.

I really felt as though the ND game was fools gold. As hook said, the ST mistakes are a sign to me of a poorly coached team. There's no reason for that defense to be that bad.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    What's most disappointing is the play and execution on special teams, year one Strong gets a pass but in year 3 it may even be worse. To me this is directly tied to the HC, yes defense has been pitiful but as a HC you have to make sure your team is prepared in all phases of the game. This to me is Strong's weakest area, I have stayed positive with Strong as our coach but he is not improving this team in all areas now that he has talent around him. Like I said earlier it is a positive thing that ATM is winning this year, Herman should be available if Strong continues to struggle this year. No doubt Strong fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season especially if his best two RB are out for any length of time. The fans and media will go off with another sub 500 year, Strong will not survive.
    What is most disappointing is that Charlie Strong was hired as a HC at Texas Univ in the first place.
    ...the strong do what they want, and the weak endure what they must.....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan72 View Post
    What is most disappointing is that Charlie Strong was hired as a HC at Texas Univ in the first place.
    Well you may end up being correct but what choices were out there at the time, cannot remember any big names interested. Who would have been your choice?

All-American

This weekend might have you guys tapping the brakes, Chucks best games have come against OU. Simple adjustments.....get simple in the secondary to much thinking going (whats the old saying paralysis by analysis), and with the RB injuries....I wouldn't be surprised to see Swoopes at RB..what ya have to lose. Swoopes has also played well v. OU the past few years.

Horns demote D-boss Vance Bedford; Charlie Strong to assume duties http://es.pn/2cMpX0k
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    This weekend might have you guys tapping the brakes, Chucks best games have come against OU. Simple adjustments.....get simple in the secondary to much thinking going (whats the old saying paralysis by analysis), and with the RB injuries....I wouldn't be surprised to see Swoopes at RB..what ya have to lose. Swoopes has also played well v. OU the past few years.
    I agree as well, just stating the obvious of what might happen this year. I will be sitting on the 50 yard line again one more year win or lose, Hookem.