Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Stadiums

coolguycody_c

Post Best Stadiums

Hey, I was just wondering from those who have played in various places what is the best high school stadium for all classes in Texas?

rhs_wr_06

Westlake has the best stadium, period.

coolguycody_c

has anyone ever been to Pridgeon Stadium in the Cy-Fair district? How would you rate it?

AggieJohn

Smile

i htink the best facility i've ever been at was Silsbee....and Barber's hill is pretty close..not many HS football teams have an elevator too their pressbox and individual stadium seats

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by explayer2001:
    i htink the best facility i've ever been at was Silsbee....and Barber's hill is pretty close..not many HS football teams have an elevator too their pressbox and individual stadium seats
    lol that's a little much.

rhs_wr_06

some people are lazy.....lol...

------------------
    ~¤Prime Time¤~
    Casey Lane

eye of the tiger

Pennington field in Bedford, the Waco complex, the Birdville complex are all good venues. I think there is some good ones in west Texas, but I havent had the chance to see them. The one in Odessa and I think Midland has a new one that is suppose to be good. Gladewater has a good field. Commerce plays on the A&M-Commerce field and it is ok, but all the seats are on one side. That is suppose to change in a couple of years so it will be more favorable I think.

BigRedfan

There are two that come to mind right now and they are Jack V Murphy stadium in Gladewater and Waco Stadium in Waco. On the other hand the worst stadium to play in has to be the stadium at Como Pickton. Had over 3000 people there for a game Friday night. The stadium at the best probably seats 1000. Lawn chairs were everywhere. Come on Como Pickton if you are going to compete with the big boys build a bigger stadium that will accomadate the people. Also they did not even have a ticket office. You had to pay as you drove in the gate. One small concession stand to service all those people.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!

BigRedfan

There are two that come to mind right now and they are Jack V Murphy stadium in Gladewater and Waco Stadium in Waco. On the other hand the worst stadium to play in has to be the stadium at Como Pickton. Had over 3000 people there for a game Friday night. The stadium at the best probably seats 1000. Lawn chairs were everywhere. Come on Como Pickton if you are going to compete with the big boys build a bigger stadium that will accomadate the people. Also they did not even have a ticket office. You had to pay as you drove in the gate. One small concession stand to service all those people.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!

*** Ejected Player ***

yeah...i know a bit about lazy people (cough certain pi band members)

WACO! Waco has the most impressive stadium ever. I don't know if we're tlaking about the same one or if the one I'm talking about is even a high school complex BUT when we went to state for marching there....it was just unbelieveable the amount of people that could fill those stands or that a pressbox could be so huge! what was it, like 2 or 3 stories! i think it was marble as well.
    sorry, im from a 3a school with a wooden pressbox, those things impress me.

BH_146

As far as Barbers Hill having an elevator, it was a disabilities requirement. We weren't given the choice. And it has worked out well for wheelchair bound people. There are platforms at the top of the stands so they have an excellent view. They don't have problems with people walking in front of them or standing and blocking their view. I would like to think that we would have eventually decided that building the elevator was the right thing to do anyway but given the cost I doubt it. Very few sports venues go to the extra cost of accomodating the disable. And many times these are the elderly how have supported the programs for years.

mount pleasant is opening a new stadium in a couple of weeks it is nice south lake carols is pretty nice as well as the new stadium in ennis

All-American

Nearly all the folks dropping down fom 4A in the last few years, have better facilities than the traditional ones in 3A, except the rich ones like Diboll, etc:

*** Ejected Player ***

rice crispies treats are the best.

sorry off the subject i know but i had to share that with the rest of the world.

if you'll excuse me, i must make my way towards a band forum.

Atl_Rabb_Fan

We have a pretty nice one here in Atlanta. It may not be the best but it is really nice though.