Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default Marion @ Navarro

Game was to be played at Marion but the new turf field is not ready. Trying to get this Guadalupe County Rivalry going again. Less than 15 miles apart. Was not played last two years. Marion coming off a blowout over Austin Eastside Memorial and Navarro took care of Giddings handily. Hoping to see some things get cleaned up between Game 1 and Game 2.

Starter

Marion has really improved there program but no match for Navarro. At least by 35

Hope they improved there stands. Last time I was there I nearly fell thru weak boards and got stickers in my butt lol

Nav by sixty+
    YnoT us?

All-District

Come on Guys I think Marion is tougher than 60 points. After all the local paper said they have the best QB for the four teams they cover! Marion passed an 11 million bond and is installing turf and new bleachers. It was pretty ratty esp. the visitor's side. I think if we clean some things up from last week like fumbles and special teams we will do just fine. Looking for improvement between week 1 and 2.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    Come on Guys I think Marion is tougher than 60 points. After all the local paper said they have the best QB for the four teams they cover! Marion passed an 11 million bond and is installing turf and new bleachers. It was pretty ratty esp. the visitor's side. I think if we clean some things up from last week like fumbles and special teams we will do just fine. Looking for improvement between week 1 and 2.
    Not convinced they have the best QB in the county at all! And what does that even mean? Just solely that he is better than Navarro QB? considering seguin QB is garbage and lifegate is lifegate. Im sure that he's the best player for marion, that doesn't automatically make him number 1 QB like the picture the Gazette likes to paint. Furthermore, Marion is always given more love locally than Navarro due to the fact that for a long time they were the bigger school, and better program.....
    Well not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    Not convinced they have the best QB in the county at all! And what does that even mean? Just solely that he is better than Navarro QB? considering seguin QB is garbage and lifegate is lifegate. Im sure that he's the best player for marion, that doesn't automatically make him number 1 QB like the picture the Gazette likes to paint. Furthermore, Marion is always given more love locally than Navarro due to the fact that for a long time they were the bigger school, and better program.....
    Well not anymore.

Yes, Marion is better. But, this is Navarro we are talking about. Not Seguin-like.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Navarro by 50, the backups will get a lot of play time and they look pretty rough at points last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Yes, Marion is better. But, this is Navarro we are talking about. Not Seguin-like.
    Im not sure you're fully informed about what i was posting about.

All-District

People seem to forget Clemens and Steele are in the county too.

All-District

Yes they are but nobody would buy the paper over there !!

Hate jumping ahead, but--can't wait till Goad gives Herring some of his own medicine in Refugio.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Hate jumping ahead, but--can't wait till Goad gives Herring some of his own medicine in Refugio.
    I sure hope so! And glad to see coach Goad get mentioned, one of the best coaches in the state! He deserves the up most respect..

I am alittle bit worried about Refugio's QB though he seams like a absolute beast
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 08-31-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    I sure hope so! And glad to see coach Goad get mentioned, one of the best coaches in the state! He deserves the up most respect..

I am alittle bit worried about Refugio's QB though he seams like a absolute beast
    Refugio hangs till half, they have some serious talent, but fatigue will hit them hard and they won't have near the depth as Navarro. But first Navarro's gotta get through Marion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 10 about Marion...Navarro will use this game to fine tune some things..
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Forgot Refugio was on the schedule. Navarro will keep rolling into next week.