Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Texas Rangers!!!

Rolling right now! Have won 8 consecutive series, best record in the AL, 2nd best record in baseball, 17 games over .500 for their best record ever at this point of the season. Colby Lewis took a perfect game into the 9th inning before giving up a run today, still won 5-0 over Oakland. Wow...

Yeah, Houston isn't playing bad at all and they're not catching the Rangers. Gah.... Need em to cool off a bit. Y'all are playing great baseball right now

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Yeah, Houston isn't playing bad at all and they're not catching the Rangers. Gah.... Need em to cool off a bit. Y'all are playing great baseball right now
    They'll cool off... but it sure is fun to watch right now while it lasts!

All-American

Yeah, baseball ebbs and flows. Eventually they'll slip a bit, you'd think. But with our rotation - especially when Yu is healthy - it's highly unlikely we'll have to endure any sort of long losing streak. And if Prince ever puts it together at the plate, look out.
    Texas Forever.

It was actually 5-1, but yes, I love watching them play. There's been a few times this season where I had given up on my Rangers, and they came back and won. Just night before last for example, they were down 5-0, getting completely outpitched, and proceeded to come back and win 7-5.

They are just fun to watch!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

This team is probably more talented, overall, than the 2010-11 WS teams, especially from a pitching standpoint, and they seem to be having fun, like a bunch of kids, like those teams did. It's definitely going to be a fun summer, and hopefully a fun October.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Just swept St Loius... on the road. What is this, 8 straight series they've won? Crazy.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Just swept St Loius... on the road. What is this, 8 straight series they've won? Crazy.
    9........ franchise record
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Their best record ever after 70 games. 45-25
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Rangers are playing extremely well. They're winning games you expect championship-caliber teams to win. They've built a nice padding in the standings, and all things remaining equal (i.e. health, relative expected success, etc.), they're going to be hard to catch. If Yu gets healthy, that's another slump stopper, and we've essentially won inspite of Prince through the first 70 games. If he ever finds a way to get hot, that's an impact bat that can carry the offense, at times, through a rough patch.

It'll be interesting to see the trade market this summer and who the Rangers go after. One would assume bullpen help/relief, but sometimes the market dictates the 'needs.'
    Texas Forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Rangers are playing extremely well. They're winning games you expect championship-caliber teams to win. They've built a nice padding in the standings, and all things remaining equal (i.e. health, relative expected success, etc.), they're going to be hard to catch. If Yu gets healthy, that's another slump stopper, and we've essentially won inspite of Prince through the first 70 games. If he ever finds a way to get hot, that's an impact bat that can carry the offense, at times, through a rough patch.

It'll be interesting to see the trade market this summer and who the Rangers go after. One would assume bullpen help/relief, but sometimes the market dictates the 'needs.'
    I bet we go hard after Aroldas Chapman. Wouldn't mind if we got a right handed bat too.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

...another quality starter as insurance in case Yu is out.

..are still in front of the Astros by 11 games!

Starter

Came back from an early 3-0 deficit to win again 4-3 over Baltimore. These are the good times...
    Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible.

All-American

I know they will cool off... but this is fun! Have won 9 of last 10 games, won 10 consecutive series and have the best record in the AL. Go Rangers!!!