Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default UIL Rules against Katy Baseball team-Tigers out of the playoffs

UIL rules against Katy baseball; Tigers out of the playoffs

AUSTIN - The University Interscholastic League unanimously denied Katy High School's appeal Monday, meaning the Katy baseball team must forfeit 20 games and will not make the playoffs.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

seems like katy is involved in some kind of uil decision every year....doesn't even blip on the radar anymore....

Ineligible player?

All-American

If that's the full story, then that's ridiculous. So dumb. But, that's what happens when you let a group of suits make decisions that, more often than not, they're not qualified to make.
    Texas Forever.

Does anyone else find it odd that these young men were PAID to help with Little League? It's all volunteer down here in Hooterville.. Even the umpires.. Guess I'm old fashioned....

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that these young men were PAID to help with Little League? It's all volunteer down here in Hooterville.. Even the umpires.. Guess I'm old fashioned....
    Yea. That is odd specially to shag balls and "grunt work". I cannot see them not "coaching".

LL and TTAB umpires up here in the Waco area are paid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Yea. That is odd specially to shag balls and "grunt work". I cannot see them not "coaching".

LL and TTAB umpires up here in the Waco area are paid though.
    I guess I should check... My youngest is 28, been a while since my days on the LL Board 😜. The umpires might be paid now ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Holy cow that's dumb af

How does this have any effect at all to Katy high school baseball? to me this is completely exclusive and what players do in their soare time shouldn't have any bearing on school athletics

Practice Squad

This doesn't make any sense at all! It's like the uil is saying that high school athletes cant get a job while playing sports, because that is how it is perceived. The athletes were paid to coach a little league team, so that's considered a job!

I can only think about all the money I didn't make in 17 years of coaching Little League..... Throw in Peewee Football and Little Dribblers..... damd it!

Blog Entries

something smells here. LL and Pony orgs dont pay coaches. They do pay umps. Were they payed coaches on a tournament team? But what stinks worse is that these young men were out using their skills (paid or not) to help younger players and are being punished for it by UIL. So, while it sounds like a white lie about what they did or didn't do, the bigger stink is the UIL - they didn't get paid by the school or any other school so its none of the UIL's business.
    You Talking to Me?

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    something smells here. LL and Pony orgs dont pay coaches. They do pay umps. Were they payed coaches on a tournament team? But what stinks worse is that these young men were out using their skills (paid or not) to help younger players and are being punished for it by UIL. So, while it sounds like a white lie about what they did or didn't do, the bigger stink is the UIL - they didn't get paid by the school or any other school so its none of the UIL's business.
    Well If they are being paid for similar activities related to the sport they are playing, specially in season, then they have something. It is no different than the NCAA's standards. If they didn't receive payment for it then they have nothing. Why were they paid to begin with?????

$1,500 for "grunt" work in a span of 3 months!?! W-O-W

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    $1,500 for "grunt" work in a span of 3 months!?! W-O-W
    Rita - that's the kind of $$ you get for working 10 hours in the concession stand? right?