17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper Bulldogs

1 5.88%
  • Navasota Rattlers

16 94.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    WOS1, You are giving away our secrets! Well, might as well tell the whole story now. In the other loss, Jasper was without their big TE. With all that information, you might be able to take $2 and buy a cup of coffee. At least at a few places....
    That big TE may of helped, but Jasper still loses that game to Silsbee.
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

Practice Squad

The only problem I see with sota is not really knowing how good they r due to schedule there kinda like Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by bansheefan03 View Post
    The only problem I see with sota is not really knowing how good they r due to schedule there kinda like Baylor
    I can see where some would think that due to the weak district, but when you return over half the starters from a 16-0 state champ, including a QB with over 10,000 yards passing and a WR one TD away from the state career record, the Baylor comparison fails. Baylor hasn't won a decent bowl game much less a championship, and looks to continue this year.

Jasper rolls!!!

67-20

Jasper rolls the basketballs out Monday...is what I meant to say.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AggiesAreWe View Post
    That big TE may of helped, but Jasper still loses that game to Silsbee.
    Now you are giving away even more secrets. How can we sceere Sota with you telling them the truth? I would have sworn that I heard you say on the radio how hard he is to defend.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Navasota will be prepared. If we lose, it won't be from not being prepared or being out coached. Jasper will earn this W and us Rattler fans hope that is the case for Navasota. We want a challenge for all 4 quarters.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by HEMOTOXIC View Post
    Navasota will be prepared. If we lose, it won't be from not being prepared or being out coached. Jasper will earn this W and us Rattler fans hope that is the case for Navasota. We want a challenge for all 4 quarters.
    Well said! No doubt, Jasper will be challenged for all 4 quarters. I just hope that Jasper can return the favor.

I think that I saw that Jasper is a 27 point underdog. We are just happy to be there. If the Dogs can keep it competitive for awhile, that will be a bonus.

Well said! No doubt, Jasper will be challenged for all 4 quarters. I just hope that Jasper can return the favor.

I think that I saw that Jasper is a 27 point underdog. We are just happy to be there. If the Dogs can keep it competitive for awhile, that will be a bonus.
    Indeed. Im driving in from Irving so I hope that it is a game we can talk about years to come.

Game Day!!!!

All-American

Game Day!!!!
    Yes! I have a bold prediction. If Jasper wins the coin toss, they will defer to the second half! All you fans, travel safely.

Yes! I have a bold prediction. If Jasper wins the coin toss, they will defer to the second half! All you fans, travel safely.
    Well you nailed that one.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by navscanmaster View Post
    Well you nailed that one.
    I went way out on a limb! Question, did Navasota fans get they money's worth? I did. As the week wore on, I decided this game was going to be a lot closer than many predicted. In the end, Navasota did what they had to do to hold on. I see Navasota getting stronger from here on out. Congratulations on the win!

I went way out on a limb! Question, did Navasota fans get they money's worth? I did. As the week wore on, I decided this game was going to be a lot closer than many predicted. In the end, Navasota did what they had to do to hold on. I see Navasota getting stronger from here on out. Congratulations on the win!
    Thank you. That number 12, Tiger, is special. I surely got my money worth.

Navasota will need to work on their tackling this week.

All-American

Thank you. That number 12, Tiger, is special. I surely got my money worth.

Navasota will need to work on their tackling this week.
    Yes Tiger is special. Very special. And there was probably nothing wrong with the Navasota tackling. I do believe Tiger is just that strong. I alluded to that fact in an earlier post. Teams have been trying to stop him now for two years. "In the grasp" means little against him, as you saw. You think you have him tackled, next thing you know he is in the end zone. Last year, one team had Jasper bottled up on the two yard line. After breaking loose from several tackles, and 98 yards later, he was in the end zone. He is obviously talented, but "undersized" perhaps for college ball. I hope that someone can find a slot for him.

Anyway, this game should have been good preparation for Navasota's remaining games. Navasota is a well oiled machine, they will continue to find ways to win.

Yes Tiger is special. Very special. And there was probably nothing wrong with the Navasota tackling. I do believe Tiger is just that strong. I alluded to that fact in an earlier post. Teams have been trying to stop him now for two years. "In the grasp" means little against him, as you saw. You think you have him tackled, next thing you know he is in the end zone. Last year, one team had Jasper bottled up on the two yard line. After breaking loose from several tackles, and 98 yards later, he was in the end zone. He is obviously talented, but "undersized" perhaps for college ball. I hope that someone can find a slot for him.

Anyway, this game should have been good preparation for Navasota's remaining games. Navasota is a well oiled machine, they will continue to find ways to win.
    We sure hope. I enjoyed watching the little fella.