• Kilgore

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default El Campo vs Kilgore

....@ Porter - 7:30 PM Friday

Gonna be a goodun.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1694

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Letterman

Good game...2 great teams..but give me kilgore by 9

Man what a gm this should be between two of the better smash mouth running teams.. If I'm to guess I would say this gm probably doesn't last longer than 2 hrs. Does El Campo throw the ball how balanced is the Birdies Offense?? Anyone got some stats for El Campo??

The way Kilgore's Offense has been playing i honestly think they will give El Campo problems.. I know El Campo will get theirs but I'm betting if mistake free football from Kilgore I think they will stop El Campo more from scoring than El Campo stopping Kilgore..

Rookie

I've seen both play. El Campo will win this game by two or three TD's. Too much offense from El Campo's running game. I have no ties to either team.
    Slow but Hungry

What gm exactly did u see Kilgore play?? If u say one of the first 2 gms then u have a surprise coming!!!! It's gonna be a darn good gm I guarantee u that I'm pretty sure the fans will get their money's worth in this one!!!!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreDogs9753 View Post
    What gm exactly did u see Kilgore play?? If u say one of the first 2 gms then u have a surprise coming!!!! It's gonna be a darn good gm I guarantee u that I'm pretty sure the fans will get their money's worth in this one!!!!!
    What in the world happened against Henderson. Did y'all rest some guys??
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

That's the past we don't look behind us!!!! I have slept since then anyways can't remember but I hope Kilgore's Oppenents get that gm video and game plan around how Henderson beat Kilgore..... So far 1 team fell for that Kilgore team

Rookie

i saw ya'll beat Carthage and Brownsboro. Ya'll have a good team but not as good as El Campo. I'll back off and say 2 touch downs. Don't take it personal.
    Slow but Hungry

Man what a gm this should be between two of the better smash mouth running teams.. If I'm to guess I would say this gm probably doesn't last longer than 2 hrs. Does El Campo throw the ball how balanced is the Birdies Offense?? Anyone got some stats for El Campo??

The way Kilgore's Offense has been playing i honestly think they will give El Campo problems.. I know El Campo will get theirs but I'm betting if mistake free football from Kilgore I think they will stop El Campo more from scoring than El Campo stopping Kilgore..
    EC will pound the ball all game. If EC gets 400 yards of offense 350 will come on the ground. EC is loaded in the backfield with 2 backs that will play on the next level. Tae Harris (currently commuted to Texas State) is a smaller back with true break away spead. He is the change of pace back that will get big yardage when teams key on EC's primary back Kevin Dove. Dove (currently committed to UTEP) is a big punishing runner at 6' 235#. He is, in my opinion a very under-rated running back in the college recruiting circle. He has SEC size and power. True break away speed is what probably keeps him from being offered by every major program (listed at 4.6 40 but maybe closer to 4.7?). EC's QB is a very good runner as well. EC's weakness, as usual, will be the size of its line on both sides of the ball. EC's defense has also been inconsistent this season. EC defended the pass very well against a very good passing attack by St. Pius and actually was winning that game 10-7 at the start of the 4th before the wheels fell off. EC also held a very good rushing offense in Stafford to 1 touchdown in regulation. They can play "D" just sometimes, often early in games, they just haven't been as disciplined as past EC teams. If EC plays a clean game and doesn't get behind the chains with offensive penaltys, they will get there's. Can the EC defense be disinclined and stop Kilgore will be the diffence in the game.

For those of you who don't know, Kilgore has changed it's offense this season. It took them a few games to get rolling. The first two games were plagued with turnovers and lack of execution against good teams. Except for the hiccup against Henderson, a long time rival, they have really limited mistakes which has translated to wins. It's hard to say what will happen when they meet up with El Campo. I think it'll come down to the same ol', same ol' ; turnovers, penalties, miscues, and whichever defense plays better. I think this game will be close, and could go either way. I'm leaning toward Kilgore, though.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

So ur telling me u just drove to Kilgore, Tx to watch a hs football team u have no ties to and one Friday u decided to go watch El Campo play hs football that u have no ties to?? So I'm taking it u wanted to watch these two teams for what?? Just in case they met up and played each other just so u can have ur prediction on who would beat who?? Hmmm I don't know about that!!!!

So ur telling me u just drove to Kilgore, Tx to watch a hs football team u have no ties to and one Friday u decided to go watch El Campo play hs football that u have no ties to?? So I'm taking it u wanted to watch these two teams for what?? Just in case they met up and played each other just so u can have ur prediction on who would beat who?? Hmmm I don't know about that!!!!
    It's not that umcommon for somebody who loves high school football to travel around and watch different teams, especially in the state of Texas. If he says he did, I believe him. The thing is, though, sometimes teams don't "look" that good when playing other teams in own region. There's not much way you can compare teams unless they play the same opponents, or teams from the same region. It would be pure speculation, and everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

It is gonna be smash mouth Texas High School football. The kind most everyone loves to see. Can't wait.

Go Birds!!!!!!!!!

This is a very intriguing 2nd round match up. Dove and company gave Navasota fits last season. Had it not been for Navasota's passing attack, the birds would have easily won that matchup.

Should be a good one. Give me El Campo in a close game.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    For those of you who don't know, Kilgore has changed it's offense this season. It took them a few games to get rolling.
    So Kilgore passes the ball now?