Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas vs TCU

Quote Originally Posted by PhiI C View Post
    We probably could have held it to a 23 -7 loss but started off on the wrong foot and had to gamble early and the game got away.
    In what universe? Patterson called off the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiI C View Post
    We probably could have held it to a 23 -7 loss but started off on the wrong foot and had to gamble early and the game got away.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what game you were watching but TCU could have scored 80, if they wanted to. Texas has big big problems. They have a coach that is in way over his head and they have a real talent issue. And now it seems 'his' players are already tuning out and its not even half way through the season.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Texas definitely has some major issues all over, also Heard is not the answer at QB either and I don't care how many HS state championships he won. QB is the leader of most all solid teams, even if the defense is not playing well he has to step up his game. No more excuses, got to find a QB that can play at the next level and Swoopes and Heard are not it. Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Texas definitely has some major issues all over, also Heard is not the answer at QB either and I don't care how many HS state championships he won. QB is the leader of most all solid teams, even if the defense is not playing well he has to step up his game. No more excuses, got to find a QB that can play at the next level and Swoopes and Heard are not it. Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.

Finding a qb is the least of their problems....

All-American
    Blog Entries

I totally disagree with your assessment of Heard. He would be a very good qb for UT if they had some players to go to and a line that could block. Heard cannot do it by himself, but he is loaded with all the skills. He's got speed, an accurate good arm, and the ability to scramble and throw on the run. In a different year with a decent Texas team, Heard would be a very good qb for the Longhorns. On a side note, I was not happy when they hired Strong.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I totally disagree with your assessment of Heard. He would be a very good qb for UT if they had some players to go to and a line that could block. Heard cannot do it by himself, but he is loaded with all the skills. He's got speed, an accurate good arm, and the ability to scramble and throw on the run. In a different year with a decent Texas team, Heard would be a very good qb for the Longhorns. On a side note, I was not happy when they hired Strong.
    His arm strength is average at best and acrurcy is nowhere near most top D 1 program QB's, he would be 3rd string at best for ATM. You cannot depend all on your feet to be successful at this level, as I have said before I hope he proves me wrong. He is a great kid and roomed with my son at all games last year but at this time I just do not see him as the future for the horns, he needs lots of work to be that guy. Just my two cents.

Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.
    lol yeah because you're such a long time horn fan!

-Voltaire

All-American

I agree hook and ladder. It all comes to winning some games which will be few and far between this year. They will be lucky to beat Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    I agree hook and ladder. It all comes to winning some games which will be few and far between this year. They will be lucky to beat Tech
    Are you kidding? More like miracle. Tech will hang 50 on them too.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    *** you *******, been a Horn fan probably longer then you have been alive. Fans like you are such losers, nothing but a bandwagon fan.

You are why so many fan bases love to see longhorn fail.

-Voltaire

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

Junior Varsity

In all seriousness, I think Texas will be fine on defense if they can recruit more excellent players like Jefferson, Hill, and Boyd. With those three being true freshman we can only assume they'll get better. I didn't expect Texas to be worse than A&M was last year on defense, but when you realize what they lost it makes sense. It's just kind of startling since Coach Strong is a "defensive minded" guy.

Offensively they have to find an identity. The Big 12 has turned into a conference where 600 yards of offense and 90 points is the norm. Nobody can field a defense that can stop this so you have to field an offense that can keep pace. Seems like Texas needs to find the best OC they can afford and try to entice offensive guys to sign with Texas. Dixon from Navasota is a great start but I'm not so sure he'll stick around if there is nobody to distribute the ball. It makes you feel for Deandre McNeal who was promised the first pass of the 2015 season until it was realized there's no QB to get him the ball. Texas is five games in and McNeal doesn't have one reception.

It sure will be interesting to see if the Texas boosters will give Charlie his third year. Mike and Mike were talking about this on the radio this morning. They admitted that Charlie was probably their fourth choice as none of the top tier guys wanted the job. They insist that if he's fired they won't be able to field one of their top two choices again because the program will be even worse. I disagree and think the amount of money they'll throw at the next coach will be too much to decline. Remember - they're Texas....

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    In all seriousness, I think Texas will be fine on defense if they can recruit more excellent players like Jefferson, Hill, and Boyd. With those three being true freshman we can only assume they'll get better. I didn't expect Texas to be worse than A&M was last year on defense, but when you realize what they lost it makes sense. It's just kind of startling since Coach Strong is a "defensive minded" guy.

Offensively they have to find an identity. The Big 12 has turned into a conference where 600 yards of offense and 90 points is the norm. Nobody can field a defense that can stop this so you have to field an offense that can keep pace. Seems like Texas needs to find the best OC they can afford and try to entice offensive guys to sign with Texas. Dixon from Navasota is a great start but I'm not so sure he'll stick around if there is nobody to distribute the ball. It makes you feel for Deandre McNeal who was promised the first pass of the 2015 season until it was realized there's no QB to get him the ball. Texas is five games in and McNeal doesn't have one reception.

It sure will be interesting to see if the Texas boosters will give Charlie his third year. Mike and Mike were talking about this on the radio this morning. They admitted that Charlie was probably their fourth choice as none of the top tier guys wanted the job. They insist that if he's fired they won't be able to field one of their top two choices again because the program will be even worse. I disagree and think the amount of money they'll throw at the next coach will be too much to decline. Remember - they're Texas....
    I think you make some valid points. Before the season, I kept saying that their defense was going to have some issues because they lost 6 guys to the NFL! That's a lot to replace.

And you're right on offense. They need to find a top notch OC. Boykin had issues his sophomore year and Patterson brought in quality offensive coaches and it turned his career around. I personally do not think Heard is the answer, either. Something hook and I actually agree on, but I think he could benefit from better offensive coaching just like Boykin.

-Voltaire