32. You may not vote on this poll
  • LH wins

21 65.63%
  • Brownwood wins

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default LH Panthers vs Brownwood Lions

There was a lot of talk on "that other thread" by some blowhards about how they were going to destroy LH this year, particularly after their big win against Graham. Time to put your money where your mouth is. My money is on LH, last few seasons, home or away, we have taken it to the Lions, they haven't stopped us, and they don't have what it takes this year to do it either.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Brownwood by 7. That is all..

HELLO MCFLY!!! according to the "where we belong" crowed..they have handled that gimmick offense and scored at will on the defense!! REVENGE is what they seek!!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    HELLO MCFLY!!! according to the "where we belong" crowed..they have handled that gimmick offense and scored at will on the defense!! REVENGE is what they seek!!
    Roger that toddg. All I'm saying is, Bring IT! We'll be ready.
    You Talking to Me?

All-State

Blowhards will run out of air this week , Da Hill gets tuned up for AW .

2 very physical games over next 2 weeks for the mighty Lions...ice baths will be on the agenda!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    There was a lot of talk on "that other thread" by some blowhards about how they were going to destroy LH this year, particularly after their big win against Graham. Time to put your money where your mouth is. My money is on LH, last few seasons, home or away, we have taken it to the Lions, they haven't stopped us, and they don't have what it takes this year to do it either.
    ....well...aren't we in a goading mood?!........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ....well...aren't we in a goading mood?!........
    Just having a little fun. FYI - no need to PM this to you - Jacob got plenty of playing time this weekend, rush linebacker, all special teams, Army Prep 27, Army JV 3. He hit the RB on the 6 yard line, caused the fumble and Prep scored 2 plays later. My daughter filmed it so hoping to see it this week.

Back to LH vs. Brownwood.
    Last edited by panfan; 09-08-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    You Talking to Me?

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Just having a little fun. FYI - no need to PM this to you - Jacob got plenty of playing time this weekend, rush linebacker, all special teams, Army Prep 27, Army JV 3. He hit the RB on the 6 yard line, caused the fumble and Prep scored 2 plays later. My daughter filmed it so hoping to see it this week.
    .....did he whack anyone with a pillow?........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    .....did he whack anyone with a pillow?........
    Nope! Some Dumb arse put a padlock in the pillow case and knocked a few heads.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

Brownwood gained a lot of confidence after last weeks upset against Graham. I think at this point, Liberty Hill is 7pts better. Now since the game is in Brownwood, that should boast at least an extra 7 pts in favor of Lions. That being said, I think this game is a pick 'em. If it were in Liberty Hill, I'd have them a 14 pt favorite. I'm hoping the Lions win at home, but it's not going to be easy. LH's D will be the best the Lions have faced so far. Allowed only 14 against a talented Brenham team.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Brownwood gained a lot of confidence after last weeks upset against Graham. I think at this point, Liberty Hill is 7pts better. Now since the game is in Brownwood, that should boast at least an extra 7 pts in favor of Lions. That being said, I think this game is a pick 'em. If it were in Liberty Hill, I'd have them a 14 pt favorite. I'm hoping the Lions win at home, but it's not going to be easy. LH's D will be the best the Lions have faced so far. Allowed only 14 against a talented Brenham team.
    Getting mixed signals here Holly - pick a side!
    You Talking to Me?

Have of horse in this race on Defense for LH........watched the win by Bwood tis weekend on Hudl with him at length.....great win and a good team.

Strong play by the QB makes alot of good reads on the run game......executes the short passes and screens well.....very accurate arm and has the strength to go deep......quick feet.....stays in the pocket but not afraid to run......took some hits but delivered tha pass's under pressure.
    Reciveres run diciplined routes and show good speed......backfeild wont run away from you but not slow by any means
    O-line plays well up front......stonger on left then right side.......good feet and execution on the pulling traps........decent run blocking across the line
    Overall verry solid offence that will put points on the board.......LH will match up well up front and at LB on the running game ....... secondary better bring their a game.
    A-grade on speacial teams....good leg strenth on all the kickers

Defense is very capable for Bwood.......lots of teams would give up the same score on the passing game they had to defend last week.......as to the ability to stop the slot-t it will all be about the play up fromt by the line. LH offence played well last week against a bigger team on defense......should be another good matchup

Having played and coached I always try to be objective in my views ( Even if I have kids on te feild ) this game will come down to LH's ability to defend a great passing game by BW and control the pace.....BW will have to defend another tough Slot-T team.......game will be decided by less then 10 points.......turnovers gonna decide this one.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lhhsfan View Post
    Have of horse in this race on Defense for LH........watched the win by Bwood tis weekend on Hudl with him at length.....great win and a good team.

Strong play by the QB makes alot of good reads on the run game......executes the short passes and screens well.....very accurate arm and has the strength to go deep......quick feet.....stays in the pocket but not afraid to run......took some hits but delivered tha pass's under pressure.
    Reciveres run diciplined routes and show good speed......backfeild wont run away from you but not slow by any means
    O-line plays well up front......stonger on left then right side.......good feet and execution on the pulling traps........decent run blocking across the line
    Overall verry solid offence that will put points on the board.......LH will match up well up front and at LB on the running game ....... secondary better bring their a game.
    A-grade on speacial teams....good leg strenth on all the kickers

Defense is very capable for Bwood.......lots of teams would give up the same score on the passing game they had to defend last week.......as to the ability to stop the slot-t it will all be about the play up fromt by the line. LH offence played well last week against a bigger team on defense......should be another good matchup

Having played and coached I always try to be objective in my views ( Even if I have kids on te feild ) this game will come down to LH's ability to defend a great passing game by BW and control the pace.....BW will have to defend another tough Slot-T team.......game will be decided by less then 10 points.......turnovers gonna decide this one.
    Great analysis and I couldn't agree more.

Practice Squad
    Blog Entries

looking forward to this game, Liberty Hill runs the slot t better than any team I've ever seen.
    both teams are capable of winning this game.the team with the least mistakes will win this game.