Junior Varsity

Default Realignment Discussion

What's everybody's thoughts on Oklahoma squirming at the moment spurring more realignment discussions.

Evidently, Boren wants to expand the Big 12 and offer new schools equal shares ASAP but I don't know if OU is in the position to drive any boats by themselves at the moment. Of possible candidates, I've seen Cincinnati, UCF, Tulsa, UH, BYU, etc. names thrown around. I'm not sure if any of those add "value" to the conference outside of BYU, though it would be a logistical nightmare. And I'm not quite sure BYU would want to leave their independent status to join a conference.

There's also been speculation about the ACC dissolving or losing several teams to the Big 12. That had a lot of steam several months ago but has not resurfaced. T

Of course, then you have Chip Brown who agrees with realignment but wants to the Big 12 to merge with another conference, be it the SEC, ACC, etc., to expand to 24 teams. I don't quite see that happening but it's on par with the goings of Chip Brown.

I find realignment extremely interesting and hope to see more of it as I enjoy the shakeup it causes.

Starter
    Blog Entries

Several things
    1. The Sec doesn't want any BDF teams nor would it add unless it was VA tech. So many hurdles for a BDF ( big dumpster fire ) aka big 12 to join Acc or sec (blocking by current members).
    3. They need to add cinci, Houston, usf, and ucf and call it a day. Recruiting in florida, and ohio, gives west virgina some partners, and adds a up and coming houston program that has a heavy ( Aggie fanbase)
    Henderson Lions & Texas A&M Aggies!!!!

BYU will not join unless the Big 12 changes their scheduling for basketball and baseball. They don't play on Sunday.