Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

http://kogt.com/sports/stangs-score-early-beat-ned/

WOS has most of the defense returning from last year so offense was the big question. It's just a scrimmage but we gave up quite a few points. Our offense looks amazing.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-State

I didn't get to go, but reports are the Rockets got blanked 0-6 by Teague. That's 6 TDs not 6 points.

Sans great improvement, it could be a long short season.
    Rockets Never Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by montyhp1 View Post
    No idea but I can ask my kid...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanks. He is a pretty shifty runner but not much of a throwing QB. I had heard that he was moving but was unsure if he did. We have Floresville in our district that's why I was curios.

the Indians looked OK today against a below avg 5a team..defense looks solid up front, even with the best D player out today, backers were aggressive and flowed to the ball well...still getting bit in the butt with big plays at times, but, thats why we scrimmage! offensively..backfield is as good as 2012 team with better speed..receivers looked quick on their routes, good hands too..TEs need work. OL looked good at times, and sloppy at times..they need to get more reactionary at what the D is doing, especially at the POA, NEED TO GET TO LBs quicker! blocking air gets you nowhere! if you're in position to blow em up you blow em up!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American

La Grange played pretty much as I expected with a stout defense and a young o line on offense having trouble getting the middle open. Credit to the Ricebirds as they are big and very physical with two outstanding MLBs and a stud defensive end who played havoc with our lineman. Dobbins was held out the entire scrimmage. Probably Coach K wants the O line to get more together before giving JK the ball. Our Qb Janda looked stronger and quicker with more poise than ever this year. He will be a big factor especially in play action to our big WR Ramirez. The Leps lost our only returning starter on the O line at center in the first series. He was a three year starter and the leader on the line now out with a dislocated shoulder for 4 or 5 weeks. Time for some juniors to step up and fill the shoes. It is very early and too soon to tell how good this team is but from our experience the past few seasons the Leps always look a little sloppy the first scrimmage but shape up fine by game one.

Quote Originally Posted by montyhp1 View Post
    No idea but I can ask my kid...

Boy says the floresville qb is named schroller

Thanks. Best of luck to your team.

Starter

Let’s see did our team meet up to my expectations? NO we did not score every time we had the ball and we did not push the other team back 10 yards each play while on defense. So we have a lot of work to do.
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Blue42 View Post
    Let’s see did our team meet up to my expectations? NO we did not score every time we had the ball and we did not push the other team back 10 yards each play while on defense. So we have a lot of work to do.
    No sane person would have expectations that ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starter

Who said I was sane anyway
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleborn View Post
    No sane person would have expectations that ridiculous.

I think Blue42 was having a little fun...

We missed the scrimmage Blue. How'd we look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post

I figured that. So was I.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post

Little rusty but some bright spots ,good speed , D backs left recevers open some but playing Lockhart that can be expected. Travis knows how to use what he has and its young this year the new O will be fun to watch if they have it clicking.

All-American

All I have to report is that China Spring did anything it wanted to in it's scrimmage with Hillsboro. Yes, it was Hillsboro and I doubt they could beat many 6 man teams. But the offense was dominate to say the least.

Starter

WO-S scrimmage with 5A Nederland went well.Both teams looked good.Ned was slow to start but got better as time went on.WO-S O is way ahead od the D and that is very unusual.What I really came away with is that....THE REFS NEEDED THIS MORE THAN THE TEAMS.That crew needs lots of work.lol