Quote Originally Posted by King-Kat View Post
Kennedale vs Decatur

Kennedale though losing all their skill players is again blessed with tremendous speed. I believe they are ranked up in state poll due to the defense this year. The weak spot I noticed is the secondary and the strong spots are definitely the D line and Linebackers, they will be very difficult to run on. With the loss of Washington and Mitchner from the potent offense of last year, they must replace these individuals. In the scrimmage last night, against Decatur which Kennedale won the "game" 21-7, they averaged 15 yards per carry and only (as usual) attempted only 1 pass which was batted down. The new QB is much shorter than last years but appears to be much faster. The line is gelling and the backs are track stars once again with elusive speed. The team appears to be exceptionally strong and quick. They have 2 if not more Division one signees already committed on the defense. Of course this is why the games are played to see how good they progress throughout the season. Coach Barrett is an exceptional coach who can get the most from the least. They should waltz through their district easily and we will see from there.
Guess we watched different games. To me they didn't look anything close to last years team, in size or athleticism. Just a first scrimmage though I guess.