Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Better hope that line gels before your 9/11 game. Bears are loaded and owes a little payback. I've always thought, don't matter who you have running it, you better create lanes (RB) or protection (QB) for them. So, not sure those playmakers can carry anything without the hogs. Weak, slow to develope line can lead to no playmaker, as he get's blasted repeatedly, increasing chances of something bad happening to them. Take it, you never played a skill position Lf201? Part of them skill's come from protection up front. Teams can only go as far as OL takes them. Coach Layne will smell blood, from the leaking water from the holes in that inexperienced line, and attack. Should be a good ball game. Don't be counting them egg's just yet thought. Just the first scrimmage. Especially without a proven line. Those just don't create automatically.
    Snot,

Did you go to the bears' scrimmage? Just curious how it went.

All-American

Better hope that line gels before your 9/11 game. Bears are loaded and owes a little payback. I've always thought, don't matter who you have running it, you better create lanes (RB) or protection (QB) for them. So, not sure those playmakers can carry anything without the hogs. Weak, slow to develope line can lead to no playmaker, as he get's blasted repeatedly, increasing chances of something bad happening to them. Take it, you never played a skill position Lf201? Part of them skill's come from protection up front. Teams can only go as far as OL takes them. Coach Layne will smell blood, from the leaking water from the holes in that inexperienced line, and attack. Should be a good ball game. Don't be counting them egg's just yet thought. Just the first scrimmage. Especially without a proven line. Those just don't create automatically.
    True the O Line is necessary to protect the Qb and Rb and if they can't open holes at the LOS or downfield block even the best rb will not have much success. Injuries are another problem. Job one as I see it now is to get this young group of linemen up to speed before game one. LH will be a huge hurdle for the Leps. I expect a much improved effort next Thursday in Lockhart. On a positive note our O line looks to be in very good physical condition. No chubbiness just very stout and showing good speed. Now if they would get off the ball faster and not stand up high to block for running plays they might just get the job done. I agree LV will be loaded for Bear(no pun intended).

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    True the O Line is necessary to protect the Qb and Rb and if they can't open holes at the LOS or downfield block even the best rb will not have much success. Injuries are another problem. Job one as I see it now is to get this young group of linemen up to speed before game one. LH will be a huge hurdle for the Leps. I expect a much improved effort next Thursday in Lockhart. On a positive note our O line looks to be in very good physical condition. No chubbiness just very stout and showing good speed. Now if they would get off the ball faster and not stand up high to block for running plays they might just get the job done. I agree LV will be loaded for Bear(no pun intended).
    This shapes up about like last year. I expected LV's line to dominate. They didn't in La Grange. We will see if anything changes this time around. It would appear the LG coaches know a thing or two about coaching up a line.

All-District

Navarro scrimmaged 6a South San Antonio. Outscored them 7 tds to 0. Had 18 tackles for a loss and South San never crossed the 50 yard line. Very fast on defense and new excitement on offense. Impressed me.

Starter

Wow Panthers running the spread now?
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by LV_Bearfan View Post
    This shapes up about like last year. I expected LV's line to dominate. They didn't in La Grange. We will see if anything changes this time around. It would appear the LG coaches know a thing or two about coaching up a line.
    LG will be fine..this team is deep...imagine next year this team will be deeper with everyone returning....and just remember Dobbins is not a just a RB he's the best RB in 4A...and maybe top 5 RB in thr nation his senior year

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardfan201 View Post
    LG will be fine..this team is deep...imagine next year this team will be deeper with everyone returning....and just remember Dobbins is not a just a RB he's the best RB in 4A...and maybe top 5 RB in thr nation his senior year
    As will WOS.. most of our team including our QB are pretty much Jrs. The next two seasons in Region III should be interesting.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LV_Bearfan View Post
    Snot,

Did you go to the bears' scrimmage? Just curious how it went.
    Yes, I went to FV and caught this scrimmage. Nice rain shower prior to, caught me off guard. A lot of the same noted from type of plays run under Coach Layne, as was under Coach Bo, but--I think LV will speed it up, vs. slowing it down. They rush to the line, get down quick, and get after it. The new lefty replacement at QB is a solid looking kid. Big, muscle looking southpaw. Can sling it very accurate. And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.

Starter

And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.
    Thanks Snotbubbles. I agree. Those LB's are special.

All-American

The Leps have some toughness in the middle lb positions as well. I expect our defense will be as good if not better than last year. We will see soon enough when we play Liberty Hill in game one.

Yes, I went to FV and caught this scrimmage. Nice rain shower prior to, caught me off guard. A lot of the same noted from type of plays run under Coach Layne, as was under Coach Bo, but--I think LV will speed it up, vs. slowing it down. They rush to the line, get down quick, and get after it. The new lefty replacement at QB is a solid looking kid. Big, muscle looking southpaw. Can sling it very accurate. And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.
    Music will be ready when Bears come to Pirate Country.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Music will be ready when Bears come to Pirate Country.

Good. Appears it's just us old farts that had issues with it. Bears loved the tunes cranked up. This should be one heck of a game.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bird_fan View Post
    I havent heard much but I know the Ricebird had 2 TD to 0 for La Grange so both team should be strong on both sides of the ball.
    EC 4 TDs - LG 0

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Starter

I did not get to make it to the Celina scrimmage with Princeton so the only opinion I have is from two other people I talked to who did attend. All they said was that Celina struggled both on offense and defense and that Princeton won the scrimmage. Again I did not attend and these two guys can be pretty hard critics so if someone else who did attend has a different opinion please post.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    I did not get to make it to the Celina scrimmage with Princeton so the only opinion I have is from two other people I talked to who did attend. All they said was that Celina struggled both on offense and defense and that Princeton won the scrimmage. Again I did not attend and these two guys can be pretty hard critics so if someone else who did attend has a different opinion please post.

That is really interesting. I'd like to hear what they had to say. I heard quite the opposite of that report.