Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Liberty Hill vs Sville today, LH won the overall scrimmage 2 scores to 1. LH reached the endzone once in the controlled situational portion of the scrim and shutout Sville. The teams tied 1 to 1 in the redzone portion of the scrim.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    Liberty Hill vs Sville today, LH won the overall scrimmage 2 scores to 1. LH reached the endzone once in the controlled situational portion of the scrim and shutout Sville. The teams tied 1 to 1 in the redzone portion of the scrim.
    Sounds right on par. Thanks for the update!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

Brownwood and Marble Falls tied 1 TD each:

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/br...fcd67ed6a.html

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    Teague 6 Robinson 0
    Wake up call; I hope someone answers.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bird_fan View Post
    I havent heard much but I know the Ricebird had 2 TD to 0 for La Grange so both team should be strong on both sides of the ball.
    The Ricebirds looked impressive with plenty of size on the line and big hard running backs. Our defense was clearly the bright spot for LG and when our young line gets on track the Leps will be OK. We did lose our only starter on the O line in the first series of the scrimmage with a dislocated shoulder. He is a three year starter at center and much needed to anchor a young line. Hopefully he will be back by game 4 or 5. Coach K ran pretty much a plain vanilla offense and held Dobbins out the entire scrimmage. Until our O line improves that was a wise decision. Besides scrimmages are to find out how good the new talent is and not to showcase the players who have already established their territory. Janda looked quick and poised at QB and a new junior up from last year's JV also impressed me. Garza on defense at MLB was a force to be reckoned with owning the midway while Ramirez at WR and TE was outstanding in receiving and blocking down field(a very important and often overlooked quality in the receiver positions). EC played their big fella Dove in the first two series and he was very strong and impressive. He presents a big profile and is a load to tackle. I expect he will be highly recruited this year. EC will win their district and go deep in 4a DI again this year. They looked very disciplined and well coached.

Our Frosh and JVs did outstanding "winning" in their respective scrimmages. LG will need to improve in their O line especially getting off the ball getting to the linebackers and driving back the defense at the LOS. Until then the Leps will need to use their speed and get their play action passing game on. They have the weapons for that.

the Indians looked OK today against a below avg 5a team..defense looks solid up front, even with the best D player out today, backers were aggressive and flowed to the ball well...still getting bit in the butt with big plays at times, but, thats why we scrimmage! offensively..backfield is as good as 2012 team with better speed..receivers looked quick on their routes, good hands too..TEs need work. OL looked good at times, and sloppy at times..they need to get more reactionary at what the D is doing, especially at the POA, NEED TO GET TO LBs quicker! blocking air gets you nowhere! if you're in position to blow em up you blow em up!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    The Ricebirds looked impressive with plenty of size on the line and big hard running backs. Our defense was clearly the bright spot for LG and when our young line gets on track the Leps will be OK. We did lose our only starter on the O line in the first series of the scrimmage with a dislocated shoulder. He is a three year starter at center and much needed to anchor a young line. Hopefully he will be back by game 4 or 5. Coach K ran pretty much a plain vanilla offense and held Dobbins out the entire scrimmage. Until our O line improves that was a wise decision. Besides scrimmages are to find out how good the new talent is and not to showcase the players who have already established their territory. Janda looked quick and poised at QB and a new junior up from last year's JV also impressed me. Garza on defense at MLB was a force to be reckoned with owning the midway while Ramirez at WR and TE was outstanding in receiving and blocking down field(a very important and often overlooked quality in the receiver positions). EC played their big fella Dove in the first two series and he was very strong and impressive. He presents a big profile and is a load to tackle. I expect he will be highly recruited this year. EC will win their district and go deep in 4a DI again this year. They looked very disciplined and well coached.

Our Frosh and JVs did outstanding "winning" in their respective scrimmages. LG will need to improve in their O line especially getting off the ball getting to the linebackers and driving back the defense at the LOS. Until then the Leps will need to use their speed and get their play action passing game on. They have the weapons for that.
    thanks for filling me in..I expect a a deep run from the Leps too.. My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis

All-American

My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis
    I doubt w will see much of a change at the varsity level this year unless Condra decides to throw more. Any change will probably be very gradual though. I heard the practices look different with Condra running the show but there is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Quote Originally Posted by bd62 View Post
    If I counted right Bellville 5TD Yoakum 3 TD.
    Bellville has a very quick defense that contain Yoakum speed most of game.
    Bellville looked very good on offense for first scrimmage. Very balanced attack. Passing game looked lots better than last yr. scrimmage.
    Yoakum needs lots of work on line but that's why you play good people to found what your weakness are. Yoakum is loaded at the skill position and when line play improves they be ok . Bellville will be a force to contend with in R-3.
    I was really impressed with Bellville's first team defense, they didn't allow a single score. The front 7 looks very good, finally glad to see some bigger DT's. Secondary has a couple new starters, not sure how they would do against a primary passing offense. I have to disagree about the Bellville offense, especially the passing game. Too many false starts, several bad exchanges from the center and countless dropped balls by the receivers. Still waiting on this team to develop a short to medium passing attack, instead of always going for the low percentage home run type plays. Offensive line did a good job of run blocking, but pass blocking wasn't so good.
    Last edited by Bull's-eye; 08-15-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bull's-eye View Post
    I was really impressed with Bellville's first team defense, they didn't allow a single score. The front 7 looks very good, finally glad to see some bigger DT's. Secondary has a couple new starters, not sure how they would do against a primary passing offense. I have to disagree about the Bellville offense, especially the passing game. Too many false starts, several bad exchanges from the center and countless dropped balls by the receivers. Still waiting on this team to develop a short to medium passing attack, instead of always going for the low percentage home run plays. Offensive line did a good job of run blocking, but pass blocking wasn't so good.
    Remember it both teams first scrimmage . Both teams will improve a lot before next Friday. Bellville and Yoakum will be just fine before season opener. Both have plenty of weapons just have to work the kinks out

Starter

Cuero 3TD Lockhart 1TD. Cuero defense is very quick to ball. Very impressive defensive Line. Very fast to ball and give QB no time to pass.
    Very Quick QB on run and did ok passing but will get better as he gains experience. Very fast and hard running TB . Freshman WR looks good and on reverse showed outstanding speed for about a 50 yd run. Very good offensive line. Should be a exciting yr. in Goobler Land.

From a source, Navasota 40-Waller 0. Three starters, Dickson, Blair, and Jones did not play.

Letterman

thanks for filling me in..I expect a a deep run from the Leps too.. My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis
    Good scrimmage boy's. ..Dobbins didn't play didn't expect him too..the defense looks better than last year..O line will need to grow up quickly..but they have time bcs we have alot of playmaker s...QB..WR..and jk Dobbins will carry the load until the line comes together

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardfan201 View Post
    Good scrimmage boy's. ..Dobbins didn't play didn't expect him too..the defense looks better than last year..O line will need to grow up quickly..but they have time bcs we have alot of playmaker s...QB..WR..and jk Dobbins will carry the load until the line comes together
    Better hope that line gels before your 9/11 game. Bears are loaded and owes a little payback. I've always thought, don't matter who you have running it, you better create lanes (RB) or protection (QB) for them. So, not sure those playmakers can carry anything without the hogs. Weak, slow to develope line can lead to no playmaker, as he get's blasted repeatedly, increasing chances of something bad happening to them. Take it, you never played a skill position Lf201? Part of them skill's come from protection up front. Teams can only go as far as OL takes them. Coach Layne will smell blood, from the leaking water from the holes in that inexperienced line, and attack. Should be a good ball game. Don't be counting them egg's just yet thought. Just the first scrimmage. Especially without a proven line. Those just don't create automatically.

Letterman

Silsbee 1st team 5 TD
    5A Lumberton 1st Team 0 TD

Total was 6-1 Silsbee
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?