Practice Squad

Default Blake Hickey (Godley)

By A.J. Crisp/sports@trcle.com
    GODLEY — The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 4A all-state high school football team was released Tuesday, and Godley junior offensive lineman Blake Hickey was the lone representative from Johnson County.
    Hickey, who is garnering a wide array of interest from Division I programs, received honorable mention all-state honors for the Wildcats.
    Godley Coach Duke Dalton said Hickey was key in the Wildcats’ game plan, both offensively and defensively.
    “I’m excited for him. Blake’s a great player,” Dalton said. “He was a two-way starter for us. He was obviously a major part of our game plan and everything we did. I’m glad to see people recognized him on a team that had to deal with so many injuries to our skill position players throughout the year. It bodes well for him coming back as a senior next year.”
    Dalton said the Wildcats ran behind Hickey as their primary blocker most of the time throughout the season, and even moreso later in the season. After an injury to starting fullback Johnny Davis, Hickey was moved to fullback over the final few weeks of the season to be the lead blocker and point of attack on an even higher percentage of plays. "Early in the year, he was the point of attack 50/50 when we were at full strength,” Dalton said. “Later in the year, we ran behind him probably 90 percent of the time. He was obviously a big part of our offensive and defensive production.”
    In the District 4-4A Division II all-district voting, Hickey was named the district’s offensive lineman of the year. Last year, Hickey received first-team all-district honors and first-team All-Johnson County honors.
    Despite just finishing his junior season, Hickey has started to receive widespread interest from a number of Division I schools. On Dec. 11, Hickey posted on Twitter that he received his first offer — from Duke University.
    “Once you get one offer, word gets out and other schools tend to get more serious to make sure they’re not missing out on someone,” Dalton said. “I anticipate he’ll be receiving more offers in the near future.” Hickey also said he’s received interest from Boise State, BYU, California, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas.

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/s...d9d3f93f5.html

Practice Squad

Add Syracuse to the list.

Blake is 6-4 and 265. He runs a 4.9 40, squats 500, and Benches 345.

The kids a great player and a great kid. Just wanted to post this for the young man.

Junior Varsity
    Godley Wildcat Football