Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Practice Squad

Default Did your team meet your expectation in their 1st scrimmage?

Alvarado travels to Waco to play University at 11:00am today.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Indians212 View Post
    Alvarado travels to Waco to play University at 11:00am today.
    I wasnt there but from what i was told and saw on the threads, WOS looked amazing on offense but needs to sure up the Defensive secondary. WOS won game type scrimmage against 5A Nederland 39-31. Well be fine. Exposed some weaknesses that will surely be corrected. Ill tell you this, with arguably one of the best defensive coaches in the State of Texas, I like having to fix our defense more than offense. Side note: WOS QB Jack Dallas threw for over 300 yrds. Kid is amazing.

All-District

http://etsn.fm/carthage-shakes-slugg...ith-pittsburg/

Carthage is going to be good. Only 1st scrimmage, and I'm not sure how good Pittsburg is but Carthage looked great. I don't know how good they are going to be, but if you just go by the eye test of how the athletes look, we look as good as any of the state championship teams have looked. We have some good looking athletes. Nobody will cover 85 this year. Kid quit last year, but he is going to see some big time offers by seasons end. I'm ready for the season to get kicked off. That was just a teaser last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    http://etsn.fm/carthage-shakes-slugg...ith-pittsburg/

Carthage is going to be good. Only 1st scrimmage, and I'm not sure how good Pittsburg is but Carthage looked great. I don't know how good they are going to be, but if you just go by the eye test of how the athletes look, we look as good as any of the state championship teams have looked. We have some good looking athletes. Nobody will cover 85 this year. Kid quit last year, but he is going to see some big time offers by seasons end. I'm ready for the season to get kicked off. That was just a teaser last night.
    Why did he quit?

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

Kennedale vs Decatur

Kennedale though losing all their skill players is again blessed with tremendous speed. I believe they are ranked up in state poll due to the defense this year. The weak spot I noticed is the secondary and the strong spots are definitely the D line and Linebackers, they will be very difficult to run on. With the loss of Washington and Mitchner from the potent offense of last year, they must replace these individuals. In the scrimmage last night, against Decatur which Kennedale won the "game" 21-7, they averaged 15 yards per carry and only (as usual) attempted only 1 pass which was batted down. The new QB is much shorter than last years but appears to be much faster. The line is gelling and the backs are track stars once again with elusive speed. The team appears to be exceptionally strong and quick. They have 2 if not more Division one signees already committed on the defense. Of course this is why the games are played to see how good they progress throughout the season. Coach Barrett is an exceptional coach who can get the most from the least. They should waltz through their district easily and we will see from there.
    FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL IN TEXAS...................JUST DOES NOT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned10 View Post
    Why did he quit?
    Teenager...he tried to come back, but Surratt made him sit out the rest of the season.

Practice Squad

We looked about like I figured we would. Strong run game. Junior RB Harmon had a 70 yard TD run and followed it with a 44 yard run the next play. Didn't really work on much of the passing game. Only went downfield with it twice. One was a TD, other was PI that saved a TD.

Defense was fast and aggressive with pretty good size. Only gave up two first downs.

Should know more after next week when we head to Fairfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by King-Kat View Post
    Kennedale vs Decatur

Kennedale though losing all their skill players is again blessed with tremendous speed. I believe they are ranked up in state poll due to the defense this year. The weak spot I noticed is the secondary and the strong spots are definitely the D line and Linebackers, they will be very difficult to run on. With the loss of Washington and Mitchner from the potent offense of last year, they must replace these individuals. In the scrimmage last night, against Decatur which Kennedale won the "game" 21-7, they averaged 15 yards per carry and only (as usual) attempted only 1 pass which was batted down. The new QB is much shorter than last years but appears to be much faster. The line is gelling and the backs are track stars once again with elusive speed. The team appears to be exceptionally strong and quick. They have 2 if not more Division one signees already committed on the defense. Of course this is why the games are played to see how good they progress throughout the season. Coach Barrett is an exceptional coach who can get the most from the least. They should waltz through their district easily and we will see from there.
    Guess we watched different games. To me they didn't look anything close to last years team, in size or athleticism. Just a first scrimmage though I guess.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilafanatico View Post
    Guess we watched different games. To me they didn't look anything close to last years team, in size or athleticism. Just a first scrimmage though I guess.
    1st Kennedale will not run thru their district. Kennedale will have a drop off and Alvarado will be better. It's early so we will have to see week 9 in Alvarado. Just returned from waco university scrimmage we moved the ball at will a couple of fumbles keep it close. I still have some concerns with our offensive line e play and our backend of the defense. We will get it together come district.

All-American

I don't know whether Hallsville is better than usual or if Gilmer is down a bit. Probably some of both. Others have mentioned our team speed is not going to be as good. Last year's was just freaky fast.

The Buckeyes will not just roll through opponents trying to keep the score below 80, but they still could be very good.

All-American

Edited double post.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I don't know whether Hallsville is better than usual or if Gilmer is down a bit. Probably some of both. Others have mentioned our team speed is not going to be as good. Last year's was just freaky fast.

The Buckeyes will not just roll through opponents trying to keep the score below 80, but they still could be very good.
    They were pretty good last year. Beat us like we stole something. We will find out how good they are this year week 1.

I was extremely pleased with la vernia's first team against floresville today. The first defense was lock down as you would expect. The first team offense is coming together nicely. New coach, New system. It appears the boys are buying in to the system.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by montyhp1 View Post
    I was extremely pleased with la vernia's first team against floresville today. The first defense was lock down as you would expect. The first team offense is coming together nicely. New coach, New system. It appears the boys are buying in to the system.

Do you know if Floresville QB was it Wilkerson?

Quote Originally Posted by Antlers View Post
    Do you know if Floresville QB was it Wilkerson?
    No idea but I can ask my kid...