Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle will advance to the State Final as Wylie goes down hitting the ball in the final inning.

Final

Argyle 9
    Wylie 4
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Congrats to the Argyle Eagles and good luck tomorrow!

Congrats to our Wylie Bulldogs on a fantastic season!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle had that big top of the 5th where they scored 7 runs on 5 hits with no errors committed by Wylie that made the big difference in this game. Congrats to the Argyle Eagles on advancing in this big win in the state semifinal against a very worthy Abilene Wylie team.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Boyd goes the distance for Argyle, giving up 9 hits on 4 runs.....three earned.....as he throws strikes to force the Wylie hitters to swing the bats. They did that well, but the Argyle double plays....3 of them to end innings.....shortened scoring opportunities for the Bulldogs in this game. The Eagles defense played well overall to help Boyd go the distance and get this big win.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The Eagles had 11 hits today, scoring 9 runs as they hit the ball hard all day to give Boyd a lead going back out to the mound in the 5th. After 4 innings it was 3-2 Wylie.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I remember those first couple of years when my son was a Fresh. and Soph. at Argyle. The boys competed very well for a new school, and you could see the instruction they were given by the coaching staffs. These boys were "green"......never had too much coaching at all.....but the desire was instilled into them to become winners by the coaches and they responded. That was in 2A. Then in the 3rd yr. when my son was junior, we went all the way to state in football in 2A. The Argyle basketball team was already very competitive. Track and baseball were still finding their feet. The 4th season, Argyle jumped to 3A.....adjusted well to the higher level of competition.....and made the playoffs in football. It's been success after success after success since then in all endeavors. The AISD has developed excellence in all programs for the students in all extracurricular activities.....competing against larger schools or schools w/larger enrollments every year. The teaching staff and athletic staff at AISD is to be highly commended for the work they have performed, just judging by all the positive results. It's really almost uncanny and unbelievable how this one mid-sized 4A is dominating its competitors in all activities each year. There's some really stout competition at this level in Texas....a state known for its quality athletic programs. Argyle will again win the Lone Star Cup for the 4th time in a row, and 8th time in 13 seasons of school history. I think Lucas Lovejoy beat out Argyle twice by mere points and Canyon a couple of times also. I really didn't think the Eagles could have the kind of year they did in the 2014-2015 term.....but they did. The football team went to the State 4A D1 final, the volleyball team went to state, the girls basketball won state, the boys golf won state, and now the baseball team will be in the state final. The marching band won state, the UIL Academic team won state......there were some individual state awards and qualifiers......it has been a highly competitive and successful year for the Argyle Eagles. I do not believe you can expect a school to keep up this kind of winning pace each and every year. Sooner or later something will change. We'll see what happens next school year for the Argyle Eagles......I'm very interested to see if they can do it again, haha. I don't expect them to, but I do expect them to be very competitive in all activities.