Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All-State

Rockets sputter; Carthage advances with a 2 game sweep
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Rockets sputter; Carthage advances with a 2 game sweep
    Sorry to hear that Rocket Man. I know most thought Robinson was very good this season, but that happens sometimes in a playoff series, esp. in baseball and at graduation time. Congrats to the Carthage boys for playing well when it counted, though. Sometimes just one run makes the difference in advancing or going home. Apparently, the Rockets pitching could not get the run support it needed to go forward. It's a team effort and everything has to work together.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Game 2 Final

Argyle 7
    Sanger 1

Argyle gets the sweep as Connor Mushinski allows 1 one on 1 hit in 6 innings and Danny Linahan hits a 2-run shot. Argyle will face the winner of Van/Bullard in the regional semis next week.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Sorry to hear that Rocket Man. I know most thought Robinson was very good this season, but that happens sometimes in a playoff series, esp. in baseball and at graduation time. Congrats to the Carthage boys for playing well when it counted, though. Sometimes just one run makes the difference in advancing or going home. Apparently, the Rockets pitching could not get the run support it needed to go forward. It's a team effort and everything has to work together.
    Well, in the second game (per Game Changer), they watched 19 pitches go by as strikes. If you don't swing you can't hit it and if you don't hit it you don't get a chance to score. I was so disappointed I didn't go back and look to see how many "strikes looking" they had in the first game. Carthage made the plays and found a way to score, no question they deserve to move on. Now, it's countdown to football season and my paper game with Cam over some Storm's burgers!!
    Rockets Never Quit!