Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATM DC Chavis

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    got em
    I thought you were moving to Nigeria or some other place Pancho said, LOl

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    the article is pretty weak- tells us he was recruiting and he might not of been full time. Writer should have cited ncaa rule. How do we know he wasn't full time yet? He could of been on payroll for both idk? If his last day was In February how was Steele announced in January? Was LSU paying for two DC's? Did LSU have too many on staff? Caleb threw out the word butthurt that article smells of butthurt written to get people riled up.
    Again case never makes it to judge my guess A&M pays probably half of the $400000
    For Chavis to have been hired by A&M and for him to have been allowed contractually to recruit for A&M like he was on January 15 when Kris Boyd posted a photo of him and Chavis in A&M gear he would have had to have paid the $400,000 buyout clause because he "broke" his contract.

He can't have been on both payrolls. He was contractually obligated to LSU.

NCAA Bylaw 11.7
    “An individual who coaches and either is uncompensated or receives compensation or remuneration of any sort from the institution, even if such compensation or remuneration is not designated for coaching, shall be designated as a head coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach, graduate assistant coach or student assistant coach by certification of the institution.”

I mean there's no way some kind of a check doesn't get cut out to LSU in this situation I feel like. Regardless, I honestly can't believe A&M just let him openly recruit like he did.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    For Chavis to have been hired by A&M and for him to have been allowed contractually to recruit for A&M like he was on January 15 when Kris Boyd posted a photo of him and Chavis in A&M gear he would have had to have paid the $400,000 buyout clause because he "broke" his contract.

He can't have been on both payrolls. He was contractually obligated to LSU.

NCAA Bylaw 11.7
    “An individual who coaches and either is uncompensated or receives compensation or remuneration of any sort from the institution, even if such compensation or remuneration is not designated for coaching, shall be designated as a head coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach, graduate assistant coach or student assistant coach by certification of the institution.”

I mean there's no way some kind of a check doesn't get cut out to LSU in this situation I feel like. Regardless, I honestly can't believe A&M just let him openly recruit like he did.

A&M is going to have to pay. The question will be how much of the $400.000. That's why there are lawyers involved.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    I thought you were moving to Nigeria or some other place Pancho said, LOl
    You do realize that other countries have Internet, don't you? Or maybe you're too thick to understand that

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    You do realize that other countries have Internet, don't you? Or maybe you're too thick to understand that
    Them Nigerians may not let you use the internet, might threaten to cut your fingers off. Lol