Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beating Jasper

All-American

Post Beating Jasper

Jasper has awesome speed and size. They are Wharton on Steroids. For Burnet to win this game they must play their best game of the season.Can they win? Yes! But a different offense will have to show up than was at the game Sat. Sinton had an awesome team and disrupted Burnet's offense. We that see Burnet every week know that our Offense wasn't firing on all eight. I look for a different team (off.) to show up this week, because they know they have to. The defense was awesome and is getting more phenominal every week. If you recall they said that we couldn't get past Vernon are Southlake Carroll. But we did. Remember the looks on their faces when we took home the trophies. Burnet will be ready, you can count on it. Burnet needs to put the ball in Templetons hands at least 8 or 9 times Sat.
    With the amount of men we have split out this will help open up our outside running game and keep the def. at home. We all know what happens when you double team Shipley. If you put him in single coverage he will dominate the field, if you double it open's the running game up. Burnet will not be shut down. Statistics don't support such a prediction.
    Burnet roll's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep this post and rub it in my face Sunday. Let's see if I know football.

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Awesome Dawg Fan

I don't know what you mean by roll but I believe they will win. I mean no disrespect to Sinton but it was obvious to me that Burnet was the far superior team. However I agree Burnet will have to be consistent in this one. They have proven 13 times this year that they can get the job done. I believe Saturday will be 14.

Awesome Dawg Fan:
    I don't know what you mean by roll but I believe they will win. I mean no disrespect to Sinton but it was obvious to me that Burnet was the far superior team. However I agree Burnet will have to be consistent in this one. They have proven 13 times this year that they can get the job done. I believe Saturday will be 14.
    I'm sorry Burnet fans, but I have to take exception to this one. I intended to keep quiet about our matchup until the end, but I can't let this one go. Burnet was "far superior"? No, I don't think so. Our offense didn't exactly click either. Your defense had nothing to do with overthrown passes, or a WR dropping passes that hit him in the hands deep in Burnet's territory. It had nothing to do with an ace kicker bouncing a field goal attempt off the right upright after coming back for his first game following a week in the hospital and two weeks on the sidelines in a wheelchair.
    It didn't have much to do with a fumbled snap on a fourth down in the red zone or a bad spot by the refs on the next one, or a classic "stretcher" going just off the fingertips of a stellar running back after he had burned your secondary. Does this look familiar? I'm not making excuses, you won, we lost, that's a fact. You say you mean no disrespect for Sinton, then go ahead and do it anyway. Sorry, mister, you need to get a clue.

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Designed and created by pirate44

BIG19

[/QUOTE]I'm sorry Burnet fans, but I have to take exception to this one. I intended to keep quiet about our matchup until the end, but I can't let this one go. Burnet was "far superior"? No, I don't think so. Our offense didn't exactly click either. Your defense had nothing to do with overthrown passes, or a WR dropping passes that hit him in the hands deep in Burnet's territoty.
    It didn't have much to do with a classic "stretcher" going just off the fingertips of a stellar running back after he had burned your secondary. You say you mean no disrespect for Sinton, then go ahead and do it anyway. Sorry, mister, you need to get a clue.[/QB][/QUOTE]
    Sinton66, I have to agree with you as will many Burnet fans. Burnet was not the superior team on the field last Saturday. I really don't think that there was a superior team there. It was a very well matched and played game. Both offenses seemed to struggle at times. Heck, a couple of inches one way or the other on a play or two and the outcome could have been very different. I guess that is why we continue to watch this wonderful game. Once again, congrats to the Sinton Pirates for a great season!

To Awsome Dawg Fan - I take offense to your statement and I am a very loyal Burnet fan. You are, meaning to or not, taking away what was a very good game by both teams and putting a bad spin on the whole game. The Burnet/Sinton game was the best by far for the Dawgs. Let's let it go and focus on this week's game.

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

BIG19

Sinton66, BTW that is a great picture. Whomever took it really knows what they are doing. Thanks for sharing it.

BIG19:
    Sinton66, BTW that is a great picture. Whomever took it really knows what they are doing. Thanks for sharing it.
    That picture was taken by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times staff, unfortunately when they put it with the game story on their webpage, they mis-named the player. The caption said it was Marshall Kastner, #11 is in fact Bubba Heard.

bd0707

I think anyone from Burnet could have told the CC Caller that was Bubba Heard, Burnet fans will remember him. As a matter of fact, had Sinton given the ball to Heard, or had Alaniz kept on the 4th and inches in the 4th quarter it may have led to a different outcome on that drive. No offense to #5 Ruiz, but Heard and Alaniz IMHO are stronger short gain power backs.

bd0707, no offense to your humble opinion, but Julian Ruiz has been playing hurt since the 4th game of the season against Cuero. I thought he would be back to full speed and power by now, but he wasn't. If you have any doubts what-so-ever about Mr. Ruiz's abilities, ask some of your Bellville friends what he did against them last year.

bd0707

Sinton66, my opinion was based only on what I saw last Saturday, Alaniz and Heard both seem to have 50 or 60 lbs. on Ruiz and a 4th and inches call that extra weight may have come in handy. There was no doubt intended towards Ruiz's abilities, he is extrmely fast with quick moves. While I am at it I will publicly question two of Burnet's play calls, first, the decision to go for it on 4th and short on their first drive, I know there was a pretty good wind, however the risk of field position was too high for my comfort level! Secondly, the second half play where you saw the odd offensive formation, allthough successful this season and last, should have been scrapped after the delay of game call. It wasn't, result twenty yard loss.All of these opinions are based on hindsight, my own. In the over all scheme of things that really doesn't count for much but I'm entitled none the less. I am one of those who anxiously awaited that game long before the end of the regular season,and before this post have allready stated on this board that this was probably the best football game I have ever seen at any level. The anticipation of this game was highlighted by the quality of pre-game banter between the fans of both teams. The Sinton posters on 3a downlow are among the greatest sports enthusiast I have come across. It's been a pleasure.

Jason1725

You know why that picture is sooo good, because it tells the story of the game. I am from Jasper and know nobody form either side but just knowing the score and seeing the picture says it all. Sinton was close but it was just out of reach. Great photo.

Awesome Dawg Fan

Sinton66 I am sorry you took offense to my remarks about Burnet being far superior. I did not at all mean that Sinton was not an awesome team, but anyone who watched the game would tell you it could have easily been 28-3 at half. That is giving your kicker the three. By the way I never thought he would have come close, it was a great try. But Burnet was twice inside Sinton's 30 yard line when our coach made some very questionable calls. This is just an opinion I believe Burnet did not need trick plays to win. Everyone I have talked to who was there said that game should have never been that close in the end. As for the Heard pass if you recall our # 8 was all alone on your sideline when he stumbled and the ball went just over his hands, but that is football. Sinton is a great team with great fans, but I still believe the score was closer than it should have been.

PPHSfan

OH Boy, I was thinking this was over but now I see that it might be just beginning. I think most Burnet fans were right to correct Awsome Dawg, but it doesn't look like ole Dawg is gonna take the hint.

This is gonna be fun to watch eek!

spaniard

PPHSfan:
    OH Boy, I was thinking this was over but now I see that it might be just beginning. I think most Burnet fans were right to correct Awsome Dawg, but it doesn't look like ole Dawg is gonna take the hint.

no kiddin

PPHSfan:

It's over as far as I'm concerned. I said my piece. This Burnet fan is welcome to whatever opinion he wants to keep. I will only remind folks of that old saying,"Opinions are like A-Holes, EVERYBODY'S got one", and some of them REALLY stink!

BigRed01

Burnet really has some fans with not much class. I never wish a team ill before a game, but it's really going to be nice to see Jasper knock these guys down a notch by about 35 times.