Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JJ Watt tweet

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Lol he's how old? 24?

Team accomplishments don't mean **** to me when we're talking about individual players. I still don't understand how one defensive player is somehow supposed to make the team win. You realize the offense has to score to win? JJ is supposed to morale his offense down the field?

You realize the only reason they beat the bengals the first time was because JJ got a pick6, don't you?
    All I'm trying to say is that Watt is a great player, but he is expendable, to a point. Above average DE's are not that difficult to find, there would be a drop off in production, but it could be replaced by multiple players. It's impossible to call him the best player in the league when Tom Brady has won and gone to multiple super bowl's with literally no weapons. Brady makes his teammates better and makes their team Super Bowl contenders every season. Something that Watt cannot and never will be able to do. So it makes zero sense to call him the best player in the league when he cannot and never will have that type of impact.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    All I'm trying to say is that Watt is a great player, but he is expendable, to a point. Above average DE's are not that difficult to find, there would be a drop off in production, but it could be replaced by multiple players. It's impossible to call him the best player in the league when Tom Brady has won and gone to multiple super bowl's with literally no weapons. Brady makes his teammates better and makes their team Super Bowl contenders every season. Something that Watt cannot and never will be able to do. So it makes zero sense to call him the best player in the league when he cannot and never will have that type of impact.
    No weapons? He has gronk! Edelman is quickly turning into a stud too. Not to mention he's got the best coach in the league too.....

What makes zero sense is comparing a qb to a DE and expecting them to make the same impact. You're talking about comparing someone who touches the ball every play of the game on offense vs someone who can be taken completely out of the game by running the ball away from them and double teaming him.

Which is what most every team does, yet he STILL impacts the game every single week.

You CAN call him the BEST player in the league. 2 defensive MVPs and multiple 20 sack seasons can earn you that. I'll agree that someone like Brady may have a bigger impact but only because of position, not the ability to dominate the competition.

JJ is a better defensive lineman than brady is a qb but can never gave the impact that a qb will

All-District

JJ is a better defensive lineman than brady is a qb but can never gave the impact that a qb will
    That has to be the most ridiculous statement ever said in the history of the internet.

4x Super Bowl Champ and 3x Super Bowl MVP, 2x NFL MVP (Two more than Watt will ever have).

He played in more playoff games this year than Watt has in his entire career. Brady is likely the most successful player to ever play in the NFL.

That has to be the most ridiculous statement ever said in the history of the internet.

4x Super Bowl Champ and 3x Super Bowl MVP, 2x NFL MVP (Two more than Watt will ever have).

He played in more playoff games this year than Watt has in his entire career. Brady is likely the most successful player to ever play in the NFL.
    Again, majority of those are team accomplishments.

You are comparing a QB vs DE..... 15 seasons vs 4.....

JJ has 2 defensive MVPs in his first 4 years in the league, one of which was unanimous. I think the first time that has ever happened.

At their respective positions, JJ is the more dominant player. Brady is great. Will probably go down as the best qb of all time. But he still doesn't dominate his position like watt does. Just my opinion

All-American

Agree Totally and Brady may go down as the best NFL player ever, he is just that good. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Agree Totally and Brady may go down as the best NFL player ever, he is just that good. Nuff said.
    No surprise there. We all saw hook d*** riding brady after the SB....

All-American

No surprise there. We all saw hook d*** riding brady after the SB....
    You are such a prick, no wonder your high school coaches wanted to take your ass out behind the woodshed. Lol

You are such a prick, no wonder your high school coaches wanted to take your ass out behind the woodshed. Lol
    LOL. They were almost as butt hurt as you hook

All-American

LOL. They were almost as butt hurt as you hook
    Yes we all know you were the best but all 12 coaches agreed you were not, typical for young kids like yourself these days. Lol

Yes we all know you were the best but all 12 coaches agreed you were not, typical for young kids like yourself these days. Lol
    Lol, I have no clue what you're talking about as usual

All-American

Lol, I have no clue what you're talking about as usual
    Saggy, you know exactly what I am talking about. Coaches do not want to deal with cry baby loser, Lol

Saggy, you know exactly what I am talking about. Coaches do not want to deal with cry baby loser, Lol
    Yeah sure, except none of the coaches even know me except pancho, and even he doesn't really know me either.

Hell, 90% of the coaches we used to have back when no longer even work there