Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think Chip Brown said this morning that the UT staff has already been informed by Lodge that he will not be going to UT. I think it's Miss on Lodge.

I don't know what to think on Mack. He seems to change his mind with the direction of the wind.

I think Boyd goes UT and I think Hill ends up choosing A&M.

I'm thinking Boyd and Hill are horns. Poor Mack I feel for this kid I think he is really torn as to where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if on signing day he went with the Frogs.

If Boyd and Hill don't go together I would think Boyd to Aggies and Hill to Texas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    I'm thinking Boyd and Hill are horns. Poor Mack I feel for this kid I think he is really torn as to where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if on signing day he went with the Frogs.

If Boyd and Hill don't go together I would think Boyd to Aggies and Hill to Texas.
    Poor guy, he gets to play football and have his college payed for. Rough life.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    oh don't get me wrong I don't feel for him as poor kid has it rough....but I think he is probably making the most important move in his life and will have to live with it and that is why he is torn by this......Idk him but these kids might even worry about letting people (coaches and friends they have made on the recruiting and camp circuit) down.

All-District

I mean I doubt you would enjoy people making billions of dollars off of you and all you get to see of it is a meal plan and books each semester.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    I mean I doubt you would enjoy people making billions of dollars off of you and all you get to see of it is a meal plan and books each semester.
    If you start paying athletes, the poor non-athlete souls (going to school for a education) who can't slam dunk, hit a 400 foot homer, throw 100 mph, and rush for 2000 yards --will be paying out the a$$ to attend. Just the wealthy (non-athletes) will be going to D1 colleges. Cause, rates will go through the roof if colleges start paying for play. Yes, they can afford to pay them now, but--your crazy if you don't think the average, non-athlete student isn't forced to make up the schools loss if this is implemented.
    YnoT us?

Blog Entries

I take it you didn't enjoy college? He I payed for every cent of my college education and I didn't meal plans or books for free and I enjoyed every second of it. And that's with out playing sports and flying on a plane once a week and playing for a national championship and being treated like a celebertiy at partys and getting any girl imaginable. Yea that sucks. Thats better than going straight to work out of high school.

Blog Entries

Im so tired of the pay the ahltetes bs. Hell they get meal money every game and the team still feeds them. Straight cash. They can spend it however they want. If i got the same deal when I was in college, id be the biggest alcoholic west of the mississippi. Poor college athletes.

All-District

I take it you didn't enjoy college? He I payed for every cent of my college education and I didn't meal plans or books for free and I enjoyed every second of it. And that's with out playing sports and flying on a plane once a week and playing for a national championship and being treated like a celebertiy at partys and getting any girl imaginable. Yea that sucks. Thats better than going straight to work out of high school.
    I lOVED every second of my college experience lol.

Whenever you say they get straight cash you know must of that goes towards, rent, bills and gas. Just being honest here, but I'd say about 95% of kids who get D-1 scholarships aren't "well off" financially. I'm not saying pay them a million dollars a year or anything, but they deserve more than they get now. If a computer science student wants his college paid for then he should have worked harder before college to get the scholarships or invented something while in school to make some money (an app or some kind of program, cleaning computers in the dorms). I went to the school I wanted to, not because my parents are rich or anything, but because I got a big scholarship and because my parents and me applied for more than 300 individual scholarships ranging from $50, to $100,000. I'm a realist and knew that there's nothing that remarkable about me to warrant giving me a free education and that's just what most people have to realize. It's honestly not worth these kids risking three years in college and then tearing their ACL in their last game and then losing out on at least hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I understand the argument from people as to why they shouldn't be paid, but if you were a d-1 athlete I can guarantee that you would be somewhat furious about never seeing a dollar of those billions.

Blog Entries

I lOVED every second of my college experience lol.

Whenever you say they get straight cash you know must of that goes towards, rent, bills and gas. Just being honest here, but I'd say about 95% of kids who get D-1 scholarships aren't "well off" financially. I'm not saying pay them a million dollars a year or anything, but they deserve more than they get now. If a computer science student wants his college paid for then he should have worked harder before college to get the scholarships or invented something while in school to make some money (an app or some kind of program, cleaning computers in the dorms). I went to the school I wanted to, not because my parents are rich or anything, but because I got a big scholarship and because my parents and me applied for more than 300 individual scholarships ranging from $50, to $100,000. I'm a realist and knew that there's nothing that remarkable about me to warrant giving me a free education and that's just what most people have to realize. It's honestly not worth these kids risking three years in college and then tearing their ACL in their last game and then losing out on at least hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I understand the argument from people as to why they shouldn't be paid, but if you were a d-1 athlete I can guarantee that you would be somewhat furious about never seeing a dollar of those billions.
    With that Logic then you should just work harder in college so you can make millions in the pros. You go to college to become a professional. Whether it is a pro athlete or a "professional" dr. you pay to go to to school to become what you want to be. That goes for all ppl. you dont get exempt for being an athlete.

All-District

With that Logic then you should just work harder in college so you can make millions in the pros. You go to college to become a professional. Whether it is a pro athlete or a "professional" dr. you pay to go to to school to become what you want to be. That goes for all ppl. you dont get exempt for being an athlete.
    I won't lie, that's a good point lol.

All-American

That is fixing to change, scholarship athlete's are going to start getting extra money besides tution,fees and books. I know Texas has already set aside money to cover this extra expense , just a matter of time now. Just FYI- I have always been against college athlete's getting paid, to each his own.

Blog Entries

I won't lie, that's a good point lol.
    I understand you're point on how a school makes billions and the athelete makes nothing, but there are too many issues. The biggest issue is Title 9. And, why will you pay your 3rd string goalie on the soccer team. And you thought this past week was crazy? Just imagine the bidding war if money was involved. I don't see how it would work and it would make an already dirty business into an even filthier one.

I understand you're point on how a school makes billions and the athelete makes nothing, but there are too many issues. The biggest issue is Title 9. And, why will you pay your 3rd string goalie on the soccer team. And you thought this past week was crazy? Just imagine the bidding war if money was involved. I don't see how it would work and it would make an already dirty business into an even filthier one.
    Be just another NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL and whatever those soccer leagues are called, professional leagues.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Agreed. Like, I said, they shouldn't make anywhere close to millions. I think the current amount that student-athletes are allowed to receive is $2,000 for the semester, and the school has the right to not offer that to their athletes. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible to live on $2k when you have no bills, but I'm sure it isn't easy. I don't think something around $10k spread out over the semester or even a $1,000 extra a month per student athlete is asking too much.

I don't know if this will happen, but football is really the only sport that athletes don't have the option to grab a paycheck straight out of high school. Baseball players can be drafted, hockey players can be in developmental leagues in Canada at 16 and basketball players can go to Europe, like top recruit Emmanuel Mudiay who was committed to SMU this past year. Heck, if you're good enough at soccer they'll move you their academy when you're 10-15 years old. Eventually, I think there will be an alternative to football players to decide between school or a check and I think the NCAA will really have a problem then.

Like I said, hill and boyd to Texas.