Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    The more I'm reading about this kid, I don't think he plays college football for anyone. I think he's going to get $4 or $5 million to play pro baseball.
    If the money is there then you take it and run. You can always Quan Cosby or Brandon Weeden it later.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    If the money is there then you take it and run. You can always Quan Cosby or Brandon Weeden it later.
    The likelihood of a team offering him $3-4 million are significantly less likely now with new bonus caps than is was back in the Cosby and Weeden days. MLB will have to thing long and hard now to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    The likelihood of a team offering him $3-4 million are significantly less likely now with new bonus caps than is was back in the Cosby and Weeden days. MLB will have to thing long and hard now to offer.
    True but I read something the other day that says it's more difficult but not impossible. If he's as good as many are saying, it's not far fetched at all that he goes top 10.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

I've heard fringe first round.

On another note, gentry officially flips to Michigan.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I've heard fringe first round.

On another note, gentry officially flips to Michigan.....
    If that's true, then I suspect he goes to college.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    Plenty of kids troll these days. About a month ago 5* athlete Donte Jackson was on UGA's campus and he posted a pic of him actually wearing an UGA jersey, not just the jersey. Well, he committed to LSU the other day.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of kids who take their visits because they are legit interested, but there's also a LOT who do it just because it's a free trip and this time in their life is a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't follow A&M recruiting so I don't know how hard his commit is, I'm speaking in general, not just Kyler Murray. I follow LSU's recruiting pretty die-hard and there are a ton of kids who are hard LSU commits going on trips with other LSU commits just to go. LSU also usually hosts about 10 kids who are hard commits to Bama every year when they play each other in Baton Rouge.

telling you keep your eyes on this one.

The New Mexico QB....made a comment about not feeling comfortable with possible offensive changes in Austin. I heard he at actually decommitted almost a week before it came out in the public.......................so Locksley and Murray came into play.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    telling you keep your eyes on this one.

The New Mexico QB....made a comment about not feeling comfortable with possible offensive changes in Austin. I heard he at actually decommitted almost a week before it came out in the public.......................so Locksley and Murray came into play.
    The recruiting process is getting crazier every year, Strong and Gentry have been talking for weeks now and yes Texas offense will be changing in the spring unless something crazy happens again. With Texas hire at WR coach most put two and two together, this next week leading up to signing day will be even more crazy. Hookem.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    The recruiting process is getting crazier every year, Strong and Gentry have been talking for weeks now and yes Texas offense will be changing in the spring unless something crazy happens again. With Texas hire at WR coach most put two and two together, this next week leading up to signing day will be even more crazy. Hookem.
    The recruiting process with out a doubt has gotten crazy almost borderline ridiculous. Social media and pay sites have changed it. I talk to a few guys every now and than that follow the Aggies and Horns who get too caught up in this process and they get way too worked up.

Junior Varsity

Some wild rumors were thrown around this weekend and most originated from the Texas side.

One of them was that Coach Strong guaranteed Kyler would start for Texas next year - which breaks the "honesty" core value.

Lots of other "shady" business going on as well. We will see how it all pans out....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Some wild rumors were thrown around this weekend and most originated from the Texas side.

One of them was that Coach Strong guaranteed Kyler would start for Texas next year - which breaks the "honesty" core value.

Lots of other "shady" business going on as well. We will see how it all pans out....
    You gotta love rumors, the same was said that Sumlin guaranteed Kyler would start next year ahead of Allen. I am sure both web sites (atm and Texas) have their own spin, you gotta love Sumlins core values also. Lol

Junior Varsity

You gotta love rumors, the same was said that Sumlin guaranteed Kyler would start next year ahead of Allen. I am sure both web sites (atm and Texas) have their own spin, you gotta love Sumlins core values also. Lol
    The same was not said with regards to Coach Sumlin and Kyler. It was always said that the best player will play, as indicated by our defensive rotation this year. In fact, the Texas side seems to think that Coach Sumlin won't say this which is why Texas has become "appealing" in recent days.

Please elaborate on Coach Sumlin's "core values".

Thanks.

All-American

The same was not said with regards to Coach Sumlin and Kyler. It was always said that the best player will play, as indicated by our defensive rotation this year. In fact, the Texas side seems to think that Coach Sumlin won't say this which is why Texas has become "appealing" in recent days.

Please elaborate on Coach Sumlin's "core values".

Thanks.
    My point exactly, cannot elaborate on Sumlin's core values because he has none. Get over your red ass for Coach Strong, Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    My point exactly, cannot elaborate on Sumlin's core values because he has none. Get over your red ass for Coach Strong, Lol.
    Oh, dear sweet irony.

Brian Bennett ✔ @BennettESPN
    Follow
    Bielema: I love when I hear about these programs that have five goals posted up. And No. 1 is No Guns. Well, no s---.
    1:48 PM - 12 Jan 2015 Louisville, KY, United States
    82 RETWEETS 43 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

-Voltaire

Junior Varsity

Lol. No other coach in the country has "core values". In reality, Coach Strong's "core values" equate to "act right" or "don't be a thug".

You trumpeted how much better a person Coach Strong was than anybody else because of these. Remember? Remember when he was kicking off all those kids because they didn't have "core values"? Remember, he was "cleaning up the program". Instead, we've learned that "core values" exist for some but not all.

Lol at you for idolizing a hypocrite and trumpeting a lot of fluff.

All-American

Lol. No other coach in the country has "core values". In reality, Coach Strong's "core values" equate to "act right" or "don't be a thug".

You trumpeted how much better a person Coach Strong was than anybody else because of these. Remember? Remember when he was kicking off all those kids because they didn't have "core values"? Remember, he was "cleaning up the program". Instead, we've learned that "core values" exist for some but not all.

Lol at you for idolizing a hypocrite and trumpeting a lot of fluff.
    Red Ass deluxe, Lol