Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Link is working for me.

He was on Charlie's roster at Louisville. YOu remember, where he instituted his 'core values'.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Link is working for me.

He was on Charlie's roster at Louisville. YOu remember, where he instituted his 'core values'.
    Show me a Texas roster with his name on it, do not give a rats ass about Louisville.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    I don't see why ANY top recruit would ever want to play for Coach Strong. I personally have nothing against him. But I know if I'm the no.1 recruit in the country I'm not going somewhere that's one strike and your out when you can go to FSU and literally do whatever you want and get backed by the coach and university while you go and play in the CFP. Whether you like it or not, most top recruits have EXTREMELY big egos and personalities and are used to doing whatever that they want without consequence and I think most programs realize that and that's why there is a bit of leniency unless you get caught trading signed jerseys for tats.

I.E. I know several people who played at big time D1 programs who smoked pot very often because the coaching staff would tell them when they were getting tested. I've heard of team tattoo artists, and special hotlines for players to call if anything happens that isn't the police. These things do exist and I'm sure many of you think they are somewhat farfetched, but things like this do exist. I know it's different depending on what type of player you are, but I always got along with and was much more coachable with coaches that related to me and didn't see themselves as someone I have to be on my guard around 24/7. No earrings Charlie? It's 2015.
    Wow, just wow. Pretty unbeleiveable, Lol

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Wow, just wow. Pretty unbeleiveable, Lol
    Lol being only a year and a half removed from college I know it probably sounds crazy to you older guys, but ask Saggy, I'm sure he knows. The common day D1 athlete for a good program can just about do whatever the hell they want and being totally honest I would definitely choose that over having to make sure I didn't cuss or accidentally leave an earring in at Texas and getting kicked off the team.

All-American

I don't see why ANY top recruit would ever want to play for Coach Strong. I personally have nothing against him. But I know if I'm the no.1 recruit in the country I'm not going somewhere that's one strike and your out when you can go to FSU and literally do whatever you want and get backed by the coach and university while you go and play in the CFP. Whether you like it or not, most top recruits have EXTREMELY big egos and personalities and are used to doing whatever that they want without consequence and I think most programs realize that and that's why there is a bit of leniency unless you get caught trading signed jerseys for tats.

I.E. I know several people who played at big time D1 programs who smoked pot very often because the coaching staff would tell them when they were getting tested. I've heard of team tattoo artists, and special hotlines for players to call if anything happens that isn't the police. These things do exist and I'm sure many of you think they are somewhat farfetched, but things like this do exist. I know it's different depending on what type of player you are, but I always got along with and was much more coachable with coaches that related to me and didn't see themselves as someone I have to be on my guard around 24/7. No earrings Charlie? It's 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Exactly. You want to point to the past to remind us how good Texas used to be but you won't do the same to evaluate some of the decisions Coach Strong has made using the exact same "principles" that he has enacted at UT.
    NT is back , still obsessed with Coach Strong. I think you need to seek real help soon, LMAO

All-American

Lol being only a year and a half removed from college I know it probably sounds crazy to you older guys, but ask Saggy, I'm sure he knows. The common day D1 athlete for a good program can just about do whatever the hell they want and being totally honest I would definitely choose that over having to make sure I didn't cuss or accidentally leave an earring in at Texas and getting kicked off the team.
    Now that explains a lot, to each his own . Good luck in the real world, Lol

Junior Varsity

NT is back , still obsessed with Coach Strong. I think you need to seek real help soon, LMAO
    I offer facts and ask for your opinion and you just deflect and insult.

So pathetic hook - so pathetic.

Wow! And we wonder why todays society is so screwed up. Its because of this mentality and the fact that no one wants to be held accountable for their actions. I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wow! And we wonder why todays society is so screwed up. Its because of this mentality and the fact that no one wants to be held accountable for their actions. I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.
    I agree with you too Deuce, but caleb is right. i dont think he is saying he agrees with it but thats the way the kids think now days.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I agree with you too Deuce, but caleb is right. i dont think he is saying he agrees with it but thats the way the kids think now days.
    Lol exactly! I don't condone that behavior, but I'm smart enough to realize that it exists and I've witnessed it first hand. Do I want my kid running around acting like an idiot? Definitely not! But I don't think it's wrong of me to say that a lot of the kids who are top recruits aren't exactly growing up in the Highland Park or Southlake areas and success is something that people learn to take graciously only when they've experienced it around them. Also, I'm not saying EVERY top recruit is like this.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.
    Why? Strong is no different than most college coaches out there. Strong has just taken a few things from some of the coaches worked for and programs he's been a part of an posted them on a wall and sold it to the media. All coaches work to maintain some level of structure and discipline for their players and coaches.

The more I read the more I am beginning to believe the the "Five Core Values" or more like "Five Situational Values." There is a reason why Strong couldn't bring all his coaches to Austin with him (C. Hurtt), and there was a reason why he had to testify in a case involving a former player at Louisville that was involved in a fight in the locker room.

I have learned over time the those guys usually spouting off about righteousness and values are usually the ones' not always practicing what they preach.

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    Why? Strong is no different than most college coaches out there. Strong has just taken a few things from some of the coaches worked for and programs he's been a part of an posted them on a wall and sold it to the media. All coaches work to maintain some level of structure and discipline for their players and coaches.

The more I read the more I am beginning to believe the the "Five Core Values" or more like "Five Situational Values." There is a reason why Strong couldn't bring all his coaches to Austin with him (C. Hurtt), and there was a reason why he had to testify in a case involving a former player at Louisville that was involved in a fight in the locker room.

I have learned over time the those guys usually spouting off about righteousness and values are usually the ones' not always practicing what they preach.
    The coach at Arkansas is right. It's a joke that strong is being help up as some bastion of morality for telling kids not to beat up girls and carry guns. It's a complete joke.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    The coach at Arkansas is right. It's a joke that strong is being help up as some bastion of morality for telling kids not to beat up girls and carry guns. It's a complete joke.
    It may be a joke in your eyes but many players parents like what they are hearing form Coach Strong, hell even the NFL has talked to Coach Strong. As a parent of a football player at Texas, I am very happy with Coach Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    It may be a joke in your eyes but many players parents like what they are hearing form Coach Strong, hell even the NFL has talked to Coach Strong. As a parent of a football player at Texas, I am very happy with Coach Strong.
    Coaches on recruting visits are like used car salesmen... they will say anything and everything that is required to make mom and dad happy. As far as NFL coaches visiting Strong? I am very sure that there are plenty of Dads on here ( Hook included) that would be more than happy to share their way of raising young men correctly. Zebras dont change their stripes no matter what color you paint them, orange or maroon.