Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Starter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    still waiting for hook to say something intelligent
    Bet we see a big 12 National title or kansas vs wake forest national title before that happens.
    Henderson Lions & Texas A&M Aggies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    still waiting for hook to say something intelligent
    He has no interest in actually discussing football.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Junior Varsity

It is truly amazing that saggy and nt can talk some much **** about Texas and their school ATM has never won ****, just goes to show how freaking ignorant you two really are. Keep on talking **** because your team sucks now and forever, LMAO.
    Hook - where did you go to school?

Junior Varsity

just goes to show how freaking ignorant you two really are.
    Hook - in your most objective view possible, which school do you feel has the brighter future?

There's two relevant questions in two consecutive posts - I'd love for you to answer each honestly.

Thanks.

Junior Varsity

the tshirt argument is the dumbest and weakest argument ever... ever...
    we should not be watching any professional sports since we never played for such team...
    what about high school kids? elementary kids? people from over seas?
    I went to Midwestern but my daughter attends Sam Houston... so what now?

the real point being... the recruiting Mack did was considered some of the best while he was there... but he won 1 NC, and played in another... and then lost his job... so his way did not work too well... Strong has a different approach... only time will tell if it works...

funny how some of you made fun of all the stars a few years ago are now living and dying by it... Briles and Patterson have made a living a built great programs getting 3-4 star players...

and as a Manvel coach stated earlier this year... all the stars by your name means is you look good in shirt and shorts and attended a camp... play on the field is all that matters...

Parity has been a great thing in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by msu97 View Post
    we should not be watching any professional sports since we never played for such team...

the real point being... the recruiting Mack did was considered some of the best while he was there... but he won 1 NC, and played in another... and then lost his job... so his way did not work too well... Strong has a different approach... only time will tell if it works...

funny how some of you made fun of all the stars a few years ago are now living and dying by it... Briles and Patterson have made a living a built great programs getting 3-4 star players...

and as a Manvel coach stated earlier this year... all the stars by your name means is you look good in shirt and shorts and attended a camp... play on the field is all that matters...

Parity has been a great thing in College Football
    I'm a huge Patterson fan so you will get no argument from me about that. And certainly there have been many low ranked kids that have gone on to much success.

However, there is plenty of data out there that shows that there is a direct correlation between how teams are ranked at the end of a season and their recruiting rankings. In other words, generally speaking, the best teams are the best because they get the best players.

I know we all like to diss the recruiting ranking services but they do get it right more often than not.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Junior Varsity

not disagreeing... i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school... i guess that means when the SEC schools chant SEC at the end... they really do not need to do that since they only go to one SEC school...

rankings and stars are like draft predictions... it is a crap shoot... but sometimes the measurables are what matters...

Matthews was a walk on at USC... they all hit and miss

Junior Varsity

I'd like to know where he went to school so I can lob grenades at his alma mater just like he does to mine. It's nauseating to listen to nonsense from a bunch of guys that couldn't find DKR without their GPS. It's even more nauseating to listen to them bash Texas A&M while they hide behind the burnt orange skirt as they can't do it carrying their own school's flag.

Nobody made fun of stars a few years ago. Everyone can make a living with 3* players, but you can't win championships.

No team has ever won a MNC coaching up a bunch of three stars. Moreover, no team won the MNC in the BCS era that didn't have a top 10 recruiting class +/- 4 years from their MNC (Florida had the worst rakend at #7). Ohio State have something like 60 four and five stars on their roster this year.

Junior Varsity

not disagreeing... i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school... i guess that means when the SEC schools chant SEC at the end... they really do not need to do that since they only go to one SEC school...
    You're full of terrible analogies today....

i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school
    Lol. Sorry not sorry.

I don't chant SEC. I detested the arogance before and I still do now. I dislike any and all other SEC teams and will route against them even if they play Texas and Nortre Dame.... Well maybe not Notre Dame. However, I did chant SWC Champions two years in a row, Wore my Senior Boots, Threw Cotton in the air, Invented the 12th Man Towel, Played against Bo Jackson and had Oranges thrown at me at Memorial Stadium , if you were a true long lived UT fan you would know why ....... But I digress.

TCU will win a National Championship before either A&M or UT and they will do it with fewer 4* and 5*s.

By the way Russell Wilson was a Rivals 2* prospect in high school. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...l-Wilson-45472

Discuss.

Junior Varsity

By the way Russell Wilson was a Rivals 2* prospect in high school.
    Irrelevant as I don't care about success at the pro level and Russell Wilson was not spectacular in college. I want former A&M athletes to succeed, but I couldn't care less if they decide to play in the NFL or go sell insurance. Besides, there are a bunch of recruiting nobodies that play(ed) in the NFL. My statement still stands that recruiting rankings have a direct correlation on post season success.

TCU will win a National Championship before either A&M or UT and they will do it with fewer 4* and 5*s.
    We'll see. They're conference can't get into the playoffs, and after this year's snub, the precedent has been set. I'd be willing to wager that you're wrong though I admit they have a good chance.

Junior Varsity

Ed Reed was a 1 star

Reggie Wayne was either a 2 or a 1....

it is a hit or miss... but if you do not attend one of rivals camps you will not be a 4 or 5 star...

coaching has everything to do with college success... stars are what "tshirts" do to pass time...

we will have plenty of coaches that will state, well if this kid were 2 inches taller, or a little heavier... measurables...

too many are not worried on whether or not the kid can play football...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by msu97 View Post
    Ed Reed was a 1 star

Reggie Wayne was either a 2 or a 1....

it is a hit or miss... but if you do not attend one of rivals camps you will not be a 4 or 5 star...

coaching has everything to do with college success... stars are what "tshirts" do to pass time...

we will have plenty of coaches that will state, well if this kid were 2 inches taller, or a little heavier... measurables...

too many are not worried on whether or not the kid can play football...
    I disagree, it's a proven fact that 5* star recruits usually have better careers than others and eventually make it to the NFL. Since 2002, 262 5* recruits have been named by rivals and 116 have been drafted, or 44.3%. 42 of those 5*'s were drafted in the first round, or 16%. The percentage of those drafted is higher than other recruiting caliber. I'm not saying there aren't guys who are overlooked, but 4-5* recruits usually fare better than the others.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    I'd like to know where he went to school so I can lob grenades at his alma mater just like he does to mine. It's nauseating to listen to nonsense from a bunch of guys that couldn't find DKR without their GPS. It's even more nauseating to listen to them bash Texas A&M while they hide behind the burnt orange skirt as they can't do it carrying their own school's flag.

Nobody made fun of stars a few years ago. Everyone can make a living with 3* players, but you can't win championships.

No team has ever won a MNC coaching up a bunch of three stars. Moreover, no team won the MNC in the BCS era that didn't have a top 10 recruiting class +/- 4 years from their MNC (Florida had the worst rakend at #7). Ohio State have something like 60 four and five stars on their roster this year.
    NT - I anit hiding nowhere and if you do not know who I am and where I live then you are not very smart. I played baseball at SWT, my money and my son go to Texas so I can talk all I want about Texas sports. I will also tell you if you are going to talk **** about Texas football and Coach Strong on this board then get ready for me talk **** about your school, Also atm sucks. Hookem.

Junior Varsity

NT - I anit hiding nowhere and if you do not know who I am and where I live then you are not very smart. I played baseball at SWT, my money and my son go to Texas so I can talk all I want about Texas sports. I will also tell you if you are going to talk **** about Texas football and Coach Strong on this board then get ready for me talk **** about your school, Also atm sucks. Hookem.
    Thanks. About what I thought.

And I'd argue that I don't talk **** about Texas or Coach Strong. I think I post facts and you get all flustered and reply like a 15 year old child.

Would you be as obnoxious about Tech if your son went there? Tell the truth - you've loved the longhorns long before your son enrolled....