Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

T-shirt fan
    Don't take that bigcountry.

Tell him about all the classes you took on the 40 acres.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Just curious looking at D1 programs. How many players are on the teams in general, who don't ever play, but--lucky enough to have deep pocket parents to send them to these schools and rent a uni to wear on game day's and helps shag balls, hold blocking dummy's, squirt some water, etc during practices?

Does all D1's have the same number of players ( either via scholarships or rich parents) they can have on a team? Is their a max # to make up the team?
    A lot of schools have " athletic standards" that have to be met to remain on the team and actually suit up. You cannot be 6' 165 lbs and run a 5.4 and expect them to say "Sure here is your Helmet"
    They actually hold try outs. If you have what they like and they like what they see, you get to stay and prove yourself. But yes there are also those that have "connections".

This is from an SEC compliance document that came up on a Google search

The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 may participate. The 15 nonparticipants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. (Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive post game meals provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is provided for post-game meals away from the stadium.) Teams may dress 70 on away games.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    A lot of schools have " athletic standards" that have to be met to remain on the team and actually suit up. You cannot be 6' 165 lbs and run a 5.4 and expect them to say "Sure here is your Helmet"
    They actually hold try outs. If you have what they like and they like what they see, you get to stay and prove yourself. But yes there are also those that have "connections".

The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 may participate. The 15 nonparticipants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. (Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive post game meals provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is provided for post-game meals away from the stadium.) Teams may dress 70 on away games.
    Two of my good friends at Baylor were walk ons and both made the team, but their parents single handedly funded a certain building on campus (I won't name which one) and I'm assuming that's why they were on the team. Neither was an athletic freak or recruited by any schools while they were in high school and never dressed in pads for a game. Personally, I don't have a problem with this, if you have the money and with that money you can give back to your alma mater and maybe make things easier for your kids while doing it, why wouldn't you? I feel that most parents would do the same if given the opportunity.

All-District

Damn, bet they have to furnish their own knives and forks. It's not easy carrying a clip board, or retrieving the tee after PAT's. Feed them, geez. Good info RC. I was just curious how some of these kid's got out there and never play a single down in their career. You'd think these schools could at least turn the 5th string holder, 4th string deep snapper into something usable on special teams. All the athletes out there, get something usable, from those wearing the uni, seems only right.

This is getting fun

Junior Varsity

I ain't your GD "SON". You freaking people cannot go anywhere on any conversation without the **** name calling and getting personal about.

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY FLORIDA WAS NOT TALENT RICH STATE???? Point it out!!!! WHERE DID I SAY THAT CALIFORNIA WAS NOT A TALENT RICH STATE?? NEVER DID! I capitalized it so you can see it better.

THE POINT, that is not on your head, is that all the teams that were pointed out do not need to go to FLORIDA to make their teams successful. There are teams like Louisville who have to go there because Ohio and Kentucky do not produce the talent necessary for the desired results. Look at OHIO STATE and EVERY OTHER East Coast FBS school.

TEXAS HAS THE HIGH SCHOOL TALENT LEVEL NOT ONLY TO SUSTAIN its 13 FBS schools but nearly every other FBS school in the Surrounding States!!!! The SAME for Florida!

You can take your "SON" and "farm boy" and shove up your T-shirt fan Big Country A$$!
    No T-shirt fan here....graduate from UT, and glad I am, as it seems to be the one school that really rubs agroids the wrong way. Glad we can.....and over time, the rest of the SEC, as they see your absurdity, will do the same. And, you can take your pen*s envy, aggy BS comments on a UT related post and shove it up your Rabid Raccoon A$$!!! Boy....you're really dense SON!

Let me explain this to you DENSE one. There is a point now, with so much recruiting from all conferences across the nation in the state of Texas, you do run out of 4 & 5 star talent at certain positions. So, if you can go out of state to get em, why not?!! Heck, we wouldn't have had a Heisman Trophy winner in Ricky Williams if we had followed your dummy plan. The talent pool at those 4 & 5 star levels in Texas can only sustain so long before being depleted, and it is a great idea to poach from other states to find this talent. Out of state schools certainly don't mind coming into Texas & taking our talent. Why should we mind going out of state and poaching from them?

Again, I never said the foundation of our recruiting would not come from Texas! Of course it will! We will always have more Texas kids on our roster than any other, and by a sizable margin! And, just because some pissed off agroid thinks its a bad idea to take a small number of Florida recruits, well.....it doesn't mean it is!! I know why your pissed.....Texas is doing it, and it WILL make Texas better on the football field for doing so. Of course that upsets an agroid like yourself, especially coming off a head to head recruiting loss with Jefferson & McNeal.

And let me give you a suggestion, if you're going to throw a gasket, keep your ass off the UT related posts! How about that?! What a joke. This message board is not one I frequent much, maybe once or twice a month, and I see why. Just too much stupidity from the likes of you. And if there is one thing I know, arguing with an agroid is like arguing with a stump, too thick headed & dense, and so full of envy to the point that they never shut up, and most of the stuff they are spewing is sheep crap. Going to rest from this joint for awhile....not worth it.

76-37-5!!!!! 27-25!!!!

All-American

I ain't your GD "SON". You freaking people cannot go anywhere on any conversation without the **** name calling and getting personal about.

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY FLORIDA WAS NOT TALENT RICH STATE???? Point it out!!!! WHERE DID I SAY THAT CALIFORNIA WAS NOT A TALENT RICH STATE?? NEVER DID! I capitalized it so you can see it better.

THE POINT, that is not on your head, is that all the teams that were pointed out do not need to go to FLORIDA to make their teams successful. There are teams like Louisville who have to go there because Ohio and Kentucky do not produce the talent necessary for the desired results. Look at OHIO STATE and EVERY OTHER East Coast FBS school.

TEXAS HAS THE HIGH SCHOOL TALENT LEVEL NOT ONLY TO SUSTAIN its 13 FBS schools but nearly every other FBS school in the Surrounding States!!!! The SAME for Florida!

You can take your "SON" and "farm boy" and shove up your T-shirt fan Big Country A$$!
    RC , teams go wherever they need to get the players they need . Not really sure why ATM and LSU fans are so concerned where Strong is recruiting players . Who gives a rats ass where players are from, just win. Hookem
    Last edited by hookandladder; 01-07-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    No T-shirt fan here....graduate from UT, and glad I am, as it seems to be the one school that really rubs agroids the wrong way. Glad we can.....and over time, the rest of the SEC, as they see your absurdity, will do the same. And, you can take your pen*s envy, aggy BS comments on a UT related post and shove it up your Rabid Raccoon A$$!!! Boy....you're really dense SON!

Let me explain this to you DENSE one. There is a point now, with so much recruiting from all conferences across the nation in the state of Texas, you do run out of 4 & 5 star talent at certain positions. So, if you can go out of state to get em, why not?!! Heck, we wouldn't have had a Heisman Trophy winner in Ricky Williams if we had followed your dummy plan. The talent pool at those 4 & 5 star levels in Texas can only sustain so long before being depleted, and it is a great idea to poach from other states to find this talent. Out of state schools certainly don't mind coming into Texas & taking our talent. Why should we mind going out of state and poaching from them?

Again, I never said the foundation of our recruiting would not come from Texas! Of course it will! We will always have more Texas kids on our roster than any other, and by a sizable margin! And, just because some pissed off agroid thinks its a bad idea to take a small number of Florida recruits, well.....it doesn't mean it is!! I know why your pissed.....Texas is doing it, and it WILL make Texas better on the football field for doing so. Of course that upsets an agroid like yourself, especially coming off a head to head recruiting loss with Jefferson & McNeal.

And let me give you a suggestion, if you're going to throw a gasket, keep your ass off the UT related posts! How about that?! What a joke. This message board is not one I frequent much, maybe once or twice a month, and I see why. Just too much stupidity from the likes of you. And if there is one thing I know, arguing with an agroid is like arguing with a stump, too thick headed & dense, and so full of envy to the point that they never shut up, and most of the stuff they are spewing is sheep crap. Going to rest from this joint for awhile....not worth it.

76-37-5!!!!! 27-25!!!!
    At least you can spell and put together a coherent thought. Not many 'Longhorns' can do that. I applaud you

Junior Varsity

Not really sure why ATM and LSU fans are so concerned where Strong is recruiting players .
    It's evident because it's a stark contrast from years gone by. It used to be that Texas cherry picked the state and everyone else maybe stole one or two from Texas. Now, Texas can't get anybody and they're stealing one or two from other teams.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    It's evident because it's a stark contrast from years gone by. It used to be that Texas cherry picked the state and everyone else maybe stole one or two from Texas. Now, Texas can't get anybody and they're stealing one or two from other teams.
    As long as you put a winning team on the field it does not really matter, also other states are producing better college ready players then years ago. Texas still has the best HS coaches and play the best ball because of it, other states have the athletes but are just not coached up as well.Where Texas finds it's players that it needs to fill their recruiting means nothing, it may be good for you aggys to talk about but all that matters is winning and as soon as you starting winning championships they will all come. Hookem

Junior Varsity

Bad week for Coach Strong last week.

Tim Irvin - gone
    John Burt - gone
    Louis Brown - gone (decommits on his official visit - lol)
    Ronnie Major - won't get in because of grades
    Devante Davis - will visit Auburn (Tim Irvin is his host - will be......gone)
    Devonaire Clarington - grade risk

and last but not least to round out a crappy week -

Louisville is being sued by a former player who was beat in Coach Strong's lockeroom and the trial begins today. As a result of this beating, he sustained an eye injury that does not allow him to play football anymore. The player accuses Coach Strong of not fulfilling scholarship promises (core value: honesty). Whatever the outcome, Coach Strong will be testafying in this case and will put a total damper on the end of a wild recruiting season.

Spin away...

Junior Varsity

In other news, Charles Omenihu is scheduled to have another recommitment ceremony to Texas prior to NSD as he feels some of the spotlight has strayed from him in recent weeks.

I've readbthat the wheeler kid from Dallas is very much a long shot to make it in also.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Bad week for Coach Strong last week.

Louisville is being sued by a former player who was beat in Coach Strong's lockeroom and the trial begins today. As a result of this beating, he sustained an eye injury that does not allow him to play football anymore. The player accuses Coach Strong of not fulfilling scholarship promises (core value: honesty). Whatever the outcome, Coach Strong will be testafying in this case and will put a total damper on the end of a wild recruiting season.

Spin away...
    Must of happen before the implementation of Strongs "Core Values"

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20440048/l...over-up-attack

Hmmmm.......