Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Is his recruiting in Florida a direct result on losing out on so many Texas kids?

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Is his recruiting in Florida a direct result on losing out on so many Texas kids?
    It's getting good players from Florida. It makes sense to those of us who follow recruiting. Mack Brown made a mistake by not recruiting outside the state of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post
    It's getting good players from Florida. It makes sense to those of us who follow recruiting. Mack Brown made a mistake by not recruiting outside the state of Texas.
    Last I checked Ricky Williams was from California.

Brown had the pick of the liter of 4 and 5 Star recruits from Texas. The most funding and the best facilties anywhere in the country. No excuse for them to be in NC conversation only three times.

It is because he used to coach at Florida and has in roads there. Nothing wrong with that. Fla State in the 90s lived off recruiting in state AND Texas and it never seemed to hurt them.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Last I checked Ricky Williams was from California.

Brown had the pick of the liter of 4 and 5 Star recruits from Texas. The most funding and the best facilties anywhere in the country. No excuse for them to be in NC conversation only three times.
    That would make more since if Mack recruited Ricky Williams, Ricky was already at Texas in Mack's first year. Lol

Junior Varsity

Why would it make sense to recruit outside of Texas? You think it was a mistake Coach Brown didn't recruit outside of the state? I would call that a blessing.

Junior Varsity

That would make more since if Mack recruited Ricky Williams, Ricky was already at Texas in Mack's first year. Lol
    Woah kemosabe -

Texas had an out of state recruit every class but 2008 in the past eight years, the most notable being Jordan Hicks.

Again - it's a blessing not to have to board a plane and cross time zones to entice kids to your school.

All-American

Bottom line Coach Strong recruiting players that fit his system and style of play, does not make a rats ass where they come from. Let's Ride, Hookem

Junior Varsity

Bottom line Coach Strong recruiting players that fit his system and style of play, does not make a rats ass where they come from. Let's Ride, Hookem
    Oh...cool. I think it's great he's in Florida.

Actually, I think the bottom line is is that he lost out on a lot of Texas kids which forced him to extend offers to kids in Florida. How many of those kids are grade risks?

There's a lot of Texas kids with a Texas offer, which goes to prove they fit in his system and his style of play, that are not giving Texas any consideration.
    Last edited by New Taiton; 01-05-2015 at 05:38 PM.

All-American

Oh...cool. I think it's great he's in Florida.

Actually, I think the bottom line is is that he lost out on a lot of Texas kids which forced him to extend offers to kids in Florida. How many of those kids are grade risks?

There's a lot of Texas kids with a Texas offer, which goes to prove they fit in his system and his style of play, that are not giving Texas any consideration.
    I think Texas is doing pretty well recruiting Texas considering Strongs first year, got some solid recruits and still going Strong. I think if I were you I would be worried more about your team regressing each year in the sec, ATM got a long way to go to ever compete for any championship but if it makes you happy to just talk about Texas I have no problem. Let's Ride, Hookem

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    I think Texas is doing pretty well recruiting Texas considering Strongs first year, got some solid recruits and still going Strong. I think if I were you I would be worried more about your team regressing each year in the sec, ATM got a long way to go to ever compete for any championship but if it makes you happy to just talk about Texas I have no problem. Let's Ride, Hookem
    A&M not regressing, just a fact of life in the SEC. Its a freaking death match every weekend. Witness Ol'Miss and Miss. State. They were world beaters at the beginning of the season and in the first part of Conference and look what happened to them. Arguably the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was Arkansas. I am very glad A&M caught them at the beginning of Conference play instead of at the end.

The whole point of my initial post was that Strong better do in Texas what he has in Florida with High School coaches or he won't be long for the world in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Oh well I tried.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    A&M not regressing, just a fact of life in the SEC. Its a freaking death match every weekend. Witness Ol'Miss and Miss. State. They were world beaters at the beginning of the season and in the first part of Conference and look what happened to them. Arguably the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was Arkansas. I am very glad A&M caught them at the beginning of Conference play instead of at the end.

The whole point of my initial post was that Strong better do in Texas what he has in Florida with High School coaches or he won't be long for the world in Austin.
    Agree with most everything here however ATM has gone from 5th down the last three years in the west, that to me is regressing. Now that Sumlin has everything to compete in the sec , there should be no more excuses. The same will be expected of Strong after three years, win or you are gone. The coaches life, just the way it is.

Junior Varsity

Agree with most everything here however ATM has gone from 5th down the last three years in the west, that to me is regressing. Now that Sumlin has everything to compete in the sec , there should be no more excuses. The same will be expected of Strong after three years, win or you are gone. The coaches life, just the way it is.
    You're a lot more fun when you post on emotion and out of hatred and rage.

All-American

You're a lot more fun when you post on emotion and out of hatred and rage.
    Saggy brings out the worst in me, Lol