Default College football playoff

1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. Ohio St.
    5. Baylor
    6. TCU

LOL, look how DEEP the big 12 is yall.

I think with the OSU win, we all saw this coming.

I'm glad baylor finally got ahead of TCU... I just couldn't make sense of that. Not that it makes baylor feel any better lol

All-American

Leave it to an Aggy. ATM gets killed all year in the SEC after claiming they run the state and then has to resort to shaming a conference that they could never win.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I really can't blame the Selection Committee on this selection for 4 teams. Baylor had their chance and faltered, as did TCU in the Baylor loss. Baylor barely got past a very weak TTech team. When you honestly evaluate all these 6 teams, even though I'm a Big 12 bigtime fan, and would love to see both these teams in the playoff format, they both came under scrutiny in the end against the other 4 teams. I really think both Baylor and TCU would definitely have a chance to beat ANY of the other 4 teams in a head-to-head, but there are only 4 spots and which other team does not deserve to be there, huh? You really need to move this playoff format to a larger number of 8 teams with the number of major conferences in college football and competitive teams out there in the future. Next time it will be some other teams that get left out. The Big 12 needs to go back to a conference championship. That's my opinion. But we do have a start....we do have a playoff format to work with now. It can and should get tweaked and improved from here.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by turbostud View Post
    Leave it to an Aggy. ATM gets killed all year in the SEC after claiming they run the state and then has to resort to shaming a conference that they could never win.

Lol you mad?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Lol you mad?
    not at all. I thought you were since ATM is the 4th best team in Texas, and 9th best team in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by turbostud View Post
    not at all. I thought you were since ATM is the 4th best team in Texas, and 9th best team in the SEC.
    Lol you're mad

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I really can't blame the Selection Committee on this selection for 4 teams. Baylor had their chance and faltered, as did TCU in the Baylor loss. Baylor barely got past a very weak TTech team. When you honestly evaluate all these 6 teams, even though I'm a Big 12 bigtime fan, and would love to see both these teams in the playoff format, they both came under scrutiny in the end against the other 4 teams. I really think both Baylor and TCU would definitely have a chance to beat ANY of the other 4 teams in a head-to-head, but there are only 4 spots and which other team does not deserve to be there, huh? You really need to move this playoff format to a larger number of 8 teams with the number of major conferences in college football and competitive teams out there in the future. Next time it will be some other teams that get left out. The Big 12 needs to go back to a conference championship. That's my opinion. But we do have a start....we do have a playoff format to work with now. It can and should get tweaked and improved from here.
    This. We used to argue about the #1 spot, now we spend two weeks arguing the #4 spot with very little argument about the top spot. So if you get one of the 2-4 spots - great, be happy. I you wanted to be assured of being in, win out. If you don't get in, don't rant about a crooked system or the commission choosing big programs or firing the Big XII commissioner. Four team playoff is fine and works.

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    This. We used to argue about the #1 spot, now we spend two weeks arguing the #4 spot with very little argument about the top spot. So if you get one of the 2-4 spots - great, be happy. I you wanted to be assured of being in, win out. If you don't get in, don't rant about a crooked system or the commission choosing big programs or firing the Big XII commissioner. Four team playoff is fine and works.
    Really don't believe Regal was ranting, just stating facts in his opinion just like you did. I believe he stated some valid points. I think the four spot system works in the first year with opportunity to improve each year. I personnelly think that Ohio State won their way in last night, otherwise it would have been different in the 4th spot, and life moves on.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexas Lobo View Post
    Really don't believe Regal was ranting, just stating facts in his opinion just like you did. I believe he stated some valid points. I think the four spot system works in the first year with opportunity to improve each year. I personnelly think that Ohio State won their way in last night, otherwise it would have been different in the 4th spot, and life moves on.
    I'm in Waco, so there is a *lot* of ranting is this town right now.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    Eight team playoff is even better!

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

Lol you're mad
    nope.

All-American

Lol you're mad
    I think the playoff people got it right, maybe could have replaced Ohio St with TCU or Baylor, but that's how it goes. I think Ohio St will get rolled by Bama I just find it amusing when the train wreck aggys open their pie holes.

As a TCU fan, I'm disappointed that they didn't get, but when I step back and try to look at it objectively, I see why OSU was put in. However, I still think there's good points made against OSU. I still think between TCU, Baylor and OSU, TCU had the 'best loss' of the three.

The biggest thing that bothers me as a TCU fan is looking back at the BAylor game and the two PI calls that went against (one a no call) TCU that would have ended that game. It's very diffcult to swallow that you are one officials flag away from being the top one or two seed.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire