Might as well get this one going. There aren't many Bobcat posters around anymore, for whatever reason. But I know the Argyle faithful are alive and well, and well spoken on here.

This has the makings of a very good matchup this season. Argyle is a top 5 team in DI and the Bobcats are a top 5 team in DII. Both are undefeated with two quality wins under their belt, although I clearly give the schedule difficulty nod to the Eagles. Wins over Wylie and 5A Denison are a little more impressive than Celina's wins over Liberty Christian (thought they're a good TAPPS team, for what that's worth) and Dallas Bryan Adams.

These two teams have squared off seven times since 2004. Celina won the first three matchups by a combined score of 128-33, and Argyle has pretty well dominated the last four in a row by a combined score of 178-63. Last year's matchup was the closest of the series, with the Eagles rallying late for a 41-29 victory.

Coming into this year, there's no question that each team is very talented and has title hopes. Even without UNC signee Nathan Elliot at QB, Celina looks to be a better team this season, especially defensively. The Eagles, on the other hand, brought back a load of talent, but lost the QB and all-everything RB Nick Ralston, who won the game almost single handedly last season.

In two games this year, Argyle is averaging 317.5 yards and 35 points per game on offense. They've been fairly balanced, with 119 yards rushing and 198.5 yards passing per game.

Celina, on the other hand has been very explosive on offense, averaging 461.5 yards and 47 points per game. The Bobcats have averaged 239.5 yards (7 total TD) on the ground and 222 yards (5 total TD) through the air.

Defensively, Argyle has allowed 363.5 yards and 21 points per game (115.5 rush, 222 pass), but those numbers are a bit skewed, because I'm sure Denison put up a lot of points/yards against 2nd and 3rd string Eagles — some of the Argyle faithful can probably chime in a bit more on that.

The Bobcats have given up 297.5 yards and 24 points per game this season (80.5 rush, 219.5 pass). Much the same, the numbers are misleading. Celina's starting defense has essentially given up just 19 total points this season, with the rest coming against the 2nd and 3rd string defenses. The Bobcats' best cover corner is also still out with a thumb injury until district.

Whichever way you shape it or frame it, this looks to be like a solid matchup. I think you've got to give the edge to Argyle simply based on recent history, early season strength of schedule and returning starters. That said, this could very well be the year the Bobcats get back on top of this rivalry.

Here's to a week of healthy practices and an incredible environment at Bobcat Stadium come Friday! Go Bobcats!